TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Found my wheels in the driveway this evening.......

Just got back in this evening from Asheville Pony Run and found 2 very wet boxes in my drive. Had sent 2 of my wheels to be widened (Weldcraft) and they told me last week ..SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE HOME TO SIGN FOR THEM OR UPS WOULD NOT LEAVE THEM! I knew they were supposed to be delivered Friday, but we left for Asheville about 4 pm. I just figured I'd get one of those little sticky notes on the door about attempting delivery, blah, blah, blah and they would deliver Monday. Apparently, my UPS guy knows me all too well...he probably said something like, WTH, he probably wants them for the weekend so I am leaving them! Glad they didn't get lifted....here are some pics. Hope to get the tires mounted this week and back on the car. I actually had to put the stocks back on just to make the show in Asheville...wheels widened to 10.5

post-10682-1254099851_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099862_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099872_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099881_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099851_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099862_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099872_thumb.jpg

post-10682-1254099881_thumb.jpg

Just got back in this evening from Asheville Pony Run and found 2 very wet boxes in my drive. Had sent 2 of my wheels to be widened (Weldcraft) and they told me last week ..SOMEONE WOULD HAVE TO BE HOME TO SIGN FOR THEM OR UPS WOULD NOT LEAVE THEM! I knew they were supposed to be delivered Friday, but we left for Asheville about 4 pm. I just figured I'd get one of those little sticky notes on the door about attempting delivery, blah, blah, blah and they would deliver Monday. Apparently, my UPS guy knows me all too well...he probably said something like, WTH, he probably wants them for the weekend so I am leaving them! Glad they didn't get lifted....here are some pics. Hope to get the tires mounted this week and back on the car. I actually had to put the stocks back on just to make the show in Asheville...wheels widened to 10.5

Very cool, you are lucky you don't live in my neighborhood or I wooda pinched them myself

Please post pictures when you get them mounted.

Take care and it was great seeing you and Carl this weekend.

Andrew

Looks great !!! Who did them for you been looking for someone to do mine??? Also that UPS guy took a big chance !!! My guy such an idiot he delivered my new video camera to the wrong house and wrong block. Thank god the people he left it was nice to bring it over to me .

When they widen that much do they gaurentee balance? Most of the welds look pretty good but there are a couple heavy spots, do you think you'll have any problems?

When they widen that much do they guarantee balance? Most of the welds look pretty good but there are a couple heavy spots, do you think you'll have any problems?

This is a quote from Weldcraft's website

Q: Do you offer warranties/guarantees?

A: Our modifications and repairs are guaranteed to run true and not leak. Wheels sent in for modification must be running true to begin with. All wheels will be spun checked upon arrival.

Andrew

Very cool, you are lucky you don't live in my neighborhood or I wooda pinched them myself

Please post pictures when you get them mounted.

Take care and it was great seeing you and Carl this weekend.

Andrew

yeah, but if you "pinched" 'em, you would of least come by the house in about a week...."hey, check out my new wheels!" :hysterical: We enjoyed the weekend too. BTW, be sure to tell "James" it was good to meet him as well. Tires are on wheels now..hope to get them on the car tonight. I'll take some pics and post up...Craig

When they widen that much do they gaurentee balance? Most of the welds look pretty good but there are a couple heavy spots, do you think you'll have any problems?

I just got back from local dealership and they were very impressed with the work and how well they balanced out w/ minimal weights...I'll post up some more pics later after I get them on the car. Craig :shift:

Looks great !!! Who did them for you been looking for someone to do mine??? Also that UPS guy took a big chance !!! My guy such an idiot he delivered my new video camera to the wrong house and wrong block. Thank god the people he left it was nice to bring it over to me .

you're right Racer. What worried me the most was I had shipped them in the original Shelby boxes so there was no question what so ever what was sitting in my drive....thank goodness our hood is pretty good place to live...."bikers to the left, tokers to the right, here I am stuck in the middle w/ you! :hysterical: J/K ...all good neighbors!

Dan, here is the info on the tires....

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=47548

They look mean as hell make's the rear look mean !!! like my wife :hysterical: Good luck will be down in South carolina in a couple of weeks. Stopping in Myrtle beach to mom inlaw then to hilton head to my moms house to do a surprise check in. But will be hitting the back roads looking for a barn yard muscle car. My luck, I'll end up being someone's Beyatch and hog tied. Some scarey house out in those woods.

They look mean as hell make's the rear look mean !!! like my wife :hysterical: Good luck will be down in South carolina in a couple of weeks. Stopping in Myrtle beach to mom inlaw then to hilton head to my moms house to do a surprise check in. But will be hitting the back roads looking for a barn yard muscle car. My luck, I'll end up being someone's Beyatch and hog tied. Some scarey house out in those woods.

thanks Racer...be careful on I-95! Troopers are working it heavy right now....thank goodness everytime I go thru that stretch of highway someone else has caught their attention! Craig

Nice looking wheels and tires! I know what you mean. I just installed the 20" chrome Razors with Toyo Proxes (thanks to sdavidson) and the rear end looks bad ass and the car just looks more muscular all around. I knew I wanted to do this ever since I saw the pictures of the GT-H convertible with black Razors. I love the looks of the stock rims but their is a nice collection of Shelby wheels that add that personal touch to our cars.

Nice looking wheels and tires! I know what you mean. I just installed the 20" chrome Razors with Toyo Proxes (thanks to sdavidson) and the rear end looks bad ass and the car just looks more muscular all around. I knew I wanted to do this ever since I saw the pictures of the GT-H convertible with black Razors. I love the looks of the stock rims but their is a nice collection of Shelby wheels that add that personal touch to our cars.

thanks, I really like the look too. :happy feet:

They really look great!

Question; Why go to 10+" for 275 wide 18's?

I have 285's on 9.5"...

ok Dan, let me see if I can explain my logic as I am certainly not an expert on tires and wheels......

First off, I have the CS66 wheels which are 18 x 8.5 at all 4 corners.......

Secondly, if you go to the manufactures site and check sizing the largest they carry is a 275 and recommend a wheel size of 9-11 inches for this tire.....I actually did want 285's.

The only way for me to get a wider wheel was to purchase new wheels (all 4 and go w/ a 20inch to get the 10" wide wheel) EXPENSIVE plus I like the handling of the 18" wheels.

So I decided to have 2 of my wheels widened to 10.5 inches. This "stretched" the 275 which is what I wanted to do. I couldn't justify the expense of only widening my wheels by 1 inch. I was concerned that putting them on a smaller width wheel could "pinch" the tire, in other words create side wall roll whereas I feel the 10.5 creates a much straighter/stronger sidewall that won't roll as much. Now granted my logic may have been incorrect but I have seen people who have put bigger tires on wheels that are not wide enough and the sidewall looks rolled. Also, I was thinking down the road for the next time, why not go to the 10.5 as that leaves me room to grow in the tire aspect should I decide to. Was I right, 'ell if I know but it sounded good to me. Hope that helps to explain...Craig :dance:

tonight was the first time that I have been able to drive the SGT with the new tires and widened wheels. My real reason for driving was to see if the TPMS would reset...didn't work so will take by dealer and let them retrain them......BUT SOMETHING HAPPENED TONIGHT, not once but twice and it really shocked me!

I came off the interstate after a casual 5 mile drive, pulled to the s/s and made a L turn...deserted road rolled thru 1st normal then into to second and floored it........short burst lifted front end w/ no tire spin....geez......(TCS OFF) Reason I did just short burst was that I was getting back on the interstate heading back home.... Now when I say the front end lifted, I mean you could definitely tell the weight shifted and set down on the rear end w/ no tire spin. Unlike the KDW's which would create tremendous tire spin and I would be doing the steering wheel shimmy just to keep the car straight...

Drove normally thinking about this short burst and how impressed I was w/ the tires I decided to go to just one more lonely stretch of road that I know about.....(the KDW's go up in smoke in second and 3rd doing this)

So this time I come to a complete stop, no traffic, no houses out in the country.....(TCS OFF) do a 1-2 quick shift then into 3rd and the rear never broke loose and I was WOT! This car has never hooked this hard w/ the stock tires. I can honestly say that tonight I felt the REAL torque and power in this car. My buddy is running these tires on a 68 Camaro w/ over 700 hsp and he is the one that turned me on to them...boy am I glad that I took his advice. Might be time to do some welding on the axles.... :happy feet: :happy feet:

Archived