TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I got ripped off today

Today I took my Shelby out for spin. I left my shop overhead door open because my wife and son were home. It has never been a problem and I was only going to be gone a short time. I was gone for 2 hours. When I got back I went to clean off my car and blow the brake dust off the rims with my compressed air hose.

Well....the compressor is gone. The hose is still there...but the thief took my 4 gallon Emglo compressor. :censored:

I keep the compressor at the end of the shop to the right of my car. You can see it in this picture. I know that the thief could see it from the end of my driveway with the door open.

Mods061.jpg

I have had it since 2005. It cost about 400 bucks back then. Now I have to buy a new one. :banghead:

This is the unit:

http://www.tylertool.com/dewalt247.html

I called the police and they came out and told me that they think they know who took it. They said that there is a Herion addict that has been living 1/4 mile away in an abandoned house and every time he's out of jail....the thefts in our area increase. He is a snatch and grab thief and does it on foot.

From now on I will shut my shop and garage doors up.

Pisses me off. :banghead:

I needed to vent.

Sorry for your lose. I hate thieves, they are the lowest of the low. :club:

Any chance of going down to this abandoned house and retrieving your property?

Make sure and bring a couple of persuaders along. :club: A couple of big boy construction types wouldn't hurt either.

Sorry to hear about that.... frustrating for sure. Theft really pushes a special button with me. That, and vandalism to somebody's car.

I had a patient steal my wallet from my bag when I stepped out of the room for a second to help a medical student. He was a drug-addict, too... Drugs- another thing accelerating world entropy.

I went down to 189th street and started talking to a few people that were out in their yards. They all know about this jerk and several have been hit by him. The house is now occupied and the scum bag does not live there. The cop that I reported this theft too, knows who this jerk is and is keeping an eye out for him.

Not much I can do....except keep my place shut up during the day while we are home.

I trust no one, I keep the door closed even for 10 min..........I cut the lawn in the back yard and I close the door in the front.

........am curious though.......you don't blow the brake dust off after every drive do you?? :)

Im going to have to take your approach.

Yes....there is something wrong with me. ;)

Real sorry to hear about the intrusion to your home and the loss of your property.

The thief has your air compressor but you have a beautiful family, a wonderful home and lots of friends that care about you. And when the time is right, you'll have a new air compressor too.

All the best to Tana, David and yourself.

Dan

Man that sucks Grabber. I feel your pain. We were ripped off last year by an employee of the guy installing our lawn irrigation system. One of those deals where we had a friend doing some work in the house and between him and my wife the door was left unlocked one day. That was all this dirtbag needed to slip in and take some stuff. He took something unique that just happened to be worth some serious dough. He made up some story about also having had his backpack ripped off out of his truck and he was a victim as well. Local Sherriff's deputy basically believed him even though his boss and we knew he had done it.

Well my wife remembered from talking with this guy where he was from and she was able to track down our stuff. A guy remembered him at a pawn shop and he had referred him to another store, etc. Bottom line was we got him on high quality video trying to hawk the stuff in a store. Now we get a local detective to show up. He went and arrested him at his Moms house and he got this guys Mom to go through his room and found most of our stuff. He did 6 months in the slammer. Turns out the guy had recently got into meth. It ruined his life. Sometimes if you do your own legwork you get lucky.

The house is always locked now. I should add the part we never got back was a Nikon camera because the other pawn shop where we know he hawked it had "problems" with there security camera which was a butch of BS.

Sorry to hear that. I really can't stand people who steal and vandalize. I am always worried about that kind of stuff as well. I had my security system extended out to my garage with door sensors and a motion detector. I always try to keep the garage closed up as well.

Very sorry to hear about the theft Rob. It's really a shitty feeling when you properity..your home has been violated. I hope that you can recover your compressor, but more importantly, I hope that the Police catch the responsible person.

What comes around goes around and what goes around comes around.

The person/s responsible will be punished.

How heavy is the compressor? Is it that easy to run off with?

May I suggest the next piece of equipment for the garage gets a security chain? I hear Tools and BBQ's can be a target as well. Unfortunately we have to lock and chain our property up in this day and age.

On the bright side your family was not hurt and you have a lot of shoulders to cry on, so to speak.

The compressor weighs 60# and has a handle on the top of it. It was a very portable small unit. But at 60# it is kind of awkward to take far. I'm sure he hid it somewhere only to return later at dark to snatch it. dunno.

The loss of the compressor is mouse nuts to me. The feeling of that slime bag on my property is what erks me. I can tell you that my .38 caliber military long barrel police revolver is locked and loaded. My family comes first.

Sorry Rob about your Airtank getting Ripped off. We have a single and a double car garage. The single car garage goes the lenghth of the house and I have a door in the back that I get things in and out of. The only time I have the double garage door open is when we are pulling the Stang in and out. The front of the house garage doors hardley ever stay open for any lenghth of time. I dont want people walking by or driving by looking in my garage. Just never know they could be checking out the neighbor hood to break in. Be careful Rob. God bless

OH Duken that really sucks. They caused more damage than the copper was worth. How long was your investment property vacant for?

Rob sorry to hear about your compressor and the privacy violation. You could try to set up a trap to catch him, like leave some bait out while your hiding somewhere in sight and then come running out with your .38 and make a citizens arrest and hold em until the cops come at least that would make you feel a little better. But then when he gets out he might come and get revenge so it might be better just to leave it alone and lock up from now on.

Sorry to hear that your privacy has been invaded. I too had all my telecommunication tools ripped off in my shell of my truck. It took me awhile to get over it. Because of this invasion, I now have a alarm on the truck and on the shell. I do not own a firearm, but a nice bat does come in handy. BATTER UP!!!!

Tom

Today I took my Shelby out for spin. I left my shop overhead door open because my wife and son were home. It has never been a problem and I was only going to be gone a short time. I was gone for 2 hours. When I got back I went to clean off my car and blow the brake dust off the rims with my compressed air hose.

Well....the compressor is gone. The hose is still there...but the thief took my 4 gallon Emglo compressor. :censored:

I keep the compressor at the end of the shop to the right of my car. You can see it in this picture. I know that the thief could see it from the end of my driveway with the door open.

Mods061.jpg

I have had it since 2005. It cost about 400 bucks back then. Now I have to buy a new one. :banghead:

This is the unit:

http://www.tylertool.com/dewalt247.html

I called the police and they came out and told me that they think they know who took it. They said that there is a Herion addict that has been living 1/4 mile away in an abandoned house and every time he's out of jail....the thefts in our area increase. He is a snatch and grab thief and does it on foot.

From now on I will shut my shop and garage doors up.

Pisses me off. :banghead:

I needed to vent.

if they know who it is, they should go get em!

Sorry to hear grabber, im like you dont think about that stuff til it happens..

Sorry to hear about this Grabber. I can't tell you how much stuff like this makes my blood just boil. Yep, more than likely some drug addict stealing stuff - not surprising. Hope they are able to track down the guy that did it.

I never leave a door open anymore...just too many bad people out there looking to take what is not theirs. I close all the windows when leaving the house too no matter how long I anticipate being gone.

Archived