TEAM SHELBY FORUM

KR Trunk Liner Question

I got my KR Trunk liner and did some basic checks before I start drilling holes. Appears that one of the push pins has no function because there is no metal to drill into.

Liner is nice and really fits the contours of the trunk lid. Very little option on where it goes when placed against the trunk. It also seems to be an exact fit to the trunk seal as I set it there and it was net to the inner edge of the seal. Trunk seemed to closer a bit harder.

I tooke a pencil to mark all spots in liner requiring a push pin so I would have idea on what would be behind each hole. Every thing was good except for one left of the trunk lock hardware where trunk lid goes from horizontal to vertical. Right side picture I am adding shows relative close condition for hole. I confirmed the left side wants the hole to be drilled in the rectangular hole of the inner reinforcement panel. Depression in the liner can easily be made to touch the metal surface.

Anyone have a similar condition adding this to their SGT? Or do I just put the push pin in the liner for looks and not worry about it?

Reference looking into trunk

003.JPG Left side liner detail

002.JPG Left Side Tunk lid - no pencil mark

001.JPG Right side trunk lid for same liner detail with pencil mark

Tom

003.JPG

002.JPG

001.JPG

i just order one how long did it take to get it and what is it made of

thanks

fd

About a week or so...not long. It's made out of the same material, or type of material, that the factory trunk bed cover is made of so it looks like it's factory installed.

REALLY cleans it up. I noticed the 2010 GT's come with these installed. At least the two I saw away.

I got my KR Trunk liner and did some basic checks before I start drilling holes. Appears that one of the push pins has no function because there is no metal to drill into.

Liner is nice and really fits the contours of the trunk lid. Very little option on where it goes when placed against the trunk. It also seems to be an exact fit to the trunk seal as I set it there and it was net to the inner edge of the seal. Trunk seemed to closer a bit harder.

I tooke a pencil to mark all spots in liner requiring a push pin so I would have idea on what would be behind each hole. Every thing was good except for one left of the trunk lock hardware where trunk lid goes from horizontal to vertical. Right side picture I am adding shows relative close condition for hole. I confirmed the left side wants the hole to be drilled in the rectangular hole of the inner reinforcement panel. Depression in the liner can easily be made to touch the metal surface.

Anyone have a similar condition adding this to their SGT? Or do I just put the push pin in the liner for looks and not worry about it?

Tom

I guess I didn't give it as much thought as you did. I simply lined it up and masked it to the deck lid and started drilling. I pushed the pins as I went along and each one took. I guess I got lucky.

My liner came with in a week. Impressive shipping...

I just got done with my trunk liner install and let me tell you I took my time but that didn't take away from the fact that I was sweating like a #%$#$%#!!! I think its a great touch and after I relax a bit I will add some pics I did come across the same problem as DrkSGT but on both sides instead of just one. After a little moving around I got it to work out just fine, outside of one close call that I had it went smoothly and I love how this simple touch made the trunk look so much better

Archived