TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Weight loss and eating right

Today marks the 1 year point that I started back on a regular exersize program and eating better. I was 188 pounds and at 5'-10" tall I needed to lose the extra weight. Today I am 14 pounds lighter and have turned most of that fat into muscle.

Most of you know that I lost my management position (due to the economy) as a Construction Supt. last month and have gone back to my roots and strapped my tool belt back on to work in my trade as a Union Journeyman Carpenter.

This work is very physical and my body is taking it very well. No soreness at all. It's clear to me now that the Lord was preparing me for this change back in my career.

9/26/08 - 188 pounds & 28.8% Body Fat

9/26/09 - 174.6 pounds & 10.9% Body Fat & 41.8% Muscle

5' 10" 205 lbs here...I've always stayed in shape...You only have one body take care of it.

Keith you are darn right my friend.

Muscle weighs more than fat and from the pic's I have seen of you, you have plenty of muscle. I wouldn't want to arm wrestle you you at all.

I need to go out for some pizza! :drool:

I just got back from a great BBQ at the local Biker hang out. I met up with my 72 year old father who still rides his Harley and we rode down there. Of course my son David came with me. The band there was jammin too. Now it's time to get the 500 out for a ride. :shift:

006-1.jpg

My DAD.

003-1.jpg

005-1.jpg

My son David.

007.jpg

004-1.jpg

My DAD & Me.

002-1.jpg

001-1.jpg

9/26/08 - 188 pounds & 28.8% Body Fat

9/26/09 - 174.6 pounds & 10.9% Body Fat & 41.8% Muscle

What's the wifey think of all this newly developed muscle? :shades:

Here's a picture of a trip we took to Tennessee a few years back. I don't ride near as much now that I have the Shelby.

post-8794-1254020359_thumb.jpg

What's the wifey think of all this newly developed muscle? :shades:

Here's a picture of a trip we took to Tennessee a few years back. I don't ride near as much now that I have the Shelby.

post-8794-1254020359_thumb.jpg

Wifey is happy. :)

I too split my ride time with my shelby and my Harley. Sometimes I flip a coin to see which one I take out.

Today I made time to take both out. I spent 2 hours with each machine. :wub:

Took this shot of my 500 today.

012.jpg

Grabber you're very fortunate! I lost my Dad when I was six. I remembered him vaguely yesterday when a '59 Lincoln passed me, and I remembered he had one.

So anyway, yesterday, I drove my Shelby GT for awhile - chauffering my daughter and her friend around on a "playdate". That's a long way from Harl ey action I know!!!

What happend Doc you off yur diet...How about yur workouts ?

I am still working out doing the Hammer-Strength machines, and it's kicking my butt! I do chest and shoulders on Mondays. 3 sets of 10 reps in wide grip, narrow grip, decline, and incline bench. Then I do military and front military. I finish with flyes. That's 210 reps total! On Tuesdays I do similar for my back with different rows and shrugs. On Wednesdays I do legs. I've been meaning to do abs on Thursdays and Biceps/Triceps on Fridays, but those high repetitions have made me too sore to work-out on Thursdays and Fridays. Then you had Chris in the hospitacl, etc, etc. I'm just getting to the point that I think I can start the Thursday Friday stuff, which is my intent this week.

The diet has been not so much. I need to get motivated to do it again, but it's the hardest part. :banghead:

I am still working out doing the Hammer-Strength machines, and it's kicking my butt! I do chest and shoulders on Mondays. 3 sets of 10 reps in wide grip, narrow grip, decline, and incline bench. Then I do military and front military. I finish with flyes. That's 210 reps total! On Tuesdays I do similar for my back with different rows and shrugs. On Wednesdays I do legs. I've been meaning to do abs on Thursdays and Biceps/Triceps on Fridays, but those high repetitions have made me too sore to work-out on Thursdays and Fridays. Then you had Chris in the hospitacl, etc, etc. I'm just getting to the point that I think I can start the Thursday Friday stuff, which is my intent this week.

The diet has been not so much. I need to get motivated to do it again, but it's the hardest part. :banghead:

Gottca Doc...As long as you're working out all the time don't forget your body is burning fat even

when you sleep...One other note be very careful with the decline pressing...The older you get the

danger of having a stroke increases when doing those kind of workouts...Being a Doc I think you

know that.

I saw my feet last night, in the mirror after my shower!

We're not seriously taking weight advice from some guy in Canada with a "gal" problem, are we? Have you seen the pics he posts of them? :hysterical:

Gottca Doc...As long as you're working out all the time don't forget your body is burning fat even

when you sleep...One other note be very careful with the decline pressing...The older you get the

danger of having a stroke increases when doing those kind of workouts...Being a Doc I think you

know that.

Old!? WTF!? :cry:

Archived