TEAM SHELBY FORUM

22.9 mpg on a trip from MD to GA

skiph

Yea, I know. Nobody buys these for the great gas mileage they get :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

But, I was curious. So on a 11+ Hr, 700+ mile trip from MD to GA I gave it my best shot.

Avg speeds of 65 - 70 Mgh. Only stopped twice to fill up, and managed to sqeak out 22.9 mpg! :happy feet: Better then BEFORE the CAI and tune. Not sure I follow that. Kind of expected worse gas mileage after the CAI and tune.

Not by the computer (it was noticably off), by miles driven/gallons of gas used. :stats:

I was wondering if I could crack the 30 mpg mark. But think I would have to go waaaaaay slower then I could stand to even have a chance at that.

Tough part was better then 11 hrs and never punched it once. Was tempted towards the end of the trip when a 2004-ish mustang cobra wanted to run it. But held off, yelled "it would be to easy" out the window (I think that p*ssed him off) and continued on...

Woaah! $3500 gas guzzler. Dirty rotten govt. :angry22: I only paid $1300 gas guzzler on my 2007.

Oops. My bad! I checked the sticker after reading your post and it was only a $1300 gas guzzler tax.

Still agree with the Dirty rotten :censored: though.

Calling a Moderator...can someone fix the header of the post to reflect $1300 please?

On our initial road trip--western KY to Myrtle Beach--last year I squeezed 20+ out a couple of times, but never cracked the magic 21 mark. That was just a couple of months after we bought her. Heading to Panama City Beach next week and will be interested to see how she does now with 13k on the clock.

We have a little over 6k miles now, and recently got 21 mpg. It was on a highway trip with the trunk jam packed and 2 adults & 1 kid and the other back seat full of stuff, on the same stretch of road going out and coming back, with the cruise set at 73-74 & 81-82 in 65 & 75 zones. Oh yeah, we were able to go a little faster in stretches :spiteful: - as long as I didn't romp on it, but let it ease up to the higher speeds, it didn't seem to affect mileage much. That was at 3500-4500' elevation.

Still stock power. I expect at least a 1-2 mpg gain once I add some power when using the cruise control. I expect to lose 3-5 mpg when "enjoying" the extra power. :D :peelout:

Yea, I know. Nobody buys these for the great gas mileage they get :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2:

But, I was curious. So on a 11+ Hr, 700+ mile trip from MD to GA I gave it my best shot.

Avg speeds of 65 - 70 Mgh. Only stopped twice to fill up, and managed to sqeak out 22.9 mpg! :happy feet: Better then BEFORE the CAI and tune. Not sure I follow that. Kind of expected worse gas mileage after the CAI and tune.

Not by the computer (it was noticably off), by miles driven/gallons of gas used. :stats:

I was wondering if I could crack the 30 mpg mark. But think I would have to go waaaaaay slower then I could stand to even have a chance at that.

Tough part was better then 11 hrs and never punched it once. Was tempted towards the end of the trip when a 2004-ish mustang cobra wanted to run it. But held off, yelled "it would be to easy" out the window (I think that p*ssed him off) and continued on...

It's funny that you mention this.....I traveled from SC to PA and made 24 mpg and on the way back I made 25.9 mpg. Pretty good IMO. Oh, yes it is stock other than KR exhaust.

Archived