TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Mustangs at the Bay Car Show

Fontech

Going to the "Mustangs by the Bay" Car Show? Driving through The OC? Make one of your stops at Starbucks in Tustin, CA. Here is the address:

Starbucks [/size]

Address: 1450 El Camino Real # A, Tustin, CA 92780 Phone:(714) 368-3462

Starbucks opens at 6:00am

Leaving Starbucks at 6:30am

This location is right off the 5 Frwy or Santa Ana Frwy at Red Hill. The Starbucks is on the corner of Red Hill and El Camino. Perfect for off and on access. There also are gas station there, Shell and Mobil and on the other side a Union 76 and Chevron. If you need gas, please fill up before arriving at Starbucks.

I will have Post #1 with the names of the TS Members going with us.

Tom (Fontech)

Alan (Legend Lime Registry)

Jim and Donna (REDTAIL)

Rob and Leann (check6)

Karl and Tammy (07-Red-one)

Jason and Family (Shelby CS8)

Just chime in if you want to be apart of the TS Herd on the 5 Frwy...

Tom

The drive from Satrbuck's in Tustin to 500 Kettner Blvd, San Diego, CA is 87 miles or a 1 1/2 hour drive. The parking for the car show opens at 7:00am and closes at 9:30am. We should be arriving by 8:00am or earlier.

Again, We need to leave by 6:30am. If we have all the TS members there before 6:30am, we can leave then. We will have Alan head (He's been there before) the herd and I will take up the rear.

Do not be afraid on the freeway, we most likely will be seeing other stangs on the road. Do not attempt to race them. We will just wave to them as the cherry lights pull them over.

Tom

Hmmmmmmm, maybe I can make it. I'll check with Marji and get back.

Hope you have the time on Sunday for a ride, conversation and memories. Just add your decision before Sunday at 5:00am. I need to know who is going, so we do not take off and leave anyone behind.

clark17357... Are you coming to the car show? Hope you are, but if not, perhaps one of the TS Members can use your entry for the car show.

Tom

Received a PM from Dan (MY500SS) with a great question. I just looked and the photo's from last year for the time stamp on the files. Looks like the car show is from 10:00am to 3:00pm. By 4:00pm we were moving our stangs around the beautiful park for numerous photos. By the time we were done it was around 5:00pm. Far as having dinner together, that can be discussed either here or on Sunday.

Last year for lunch we had lunch at the corner restaurant on the top floor. There are numerous places to eat. We can set 12:00pm to meet at the Shelby Class 3600 and leave from there. I have friend in Class 3200, Shelby is in Class 3600 and myself and a friends are in Class 3500.

Tom

Received a PM from Dan (MY500SS) with a great question. I just looked and the photo's from last year for the time stamp on the files. Looks like the car show is from 10:00am to 3:00pm. By 4:00pm we were moving our stangs around the beautiful park for numerous photos. By the time we were done it was around 5:00pm. Far as having dinner together, that can be discussed either here or on Sunday.

Last year for lunch we had lunch at the corner restaurant on the top floor. There are numerous places to eat. We can set 12:00pm to meet at the Shelby Class 3600 and leave from there. I have friend in Class 3200, Shelby is in Class 3600 and myself and a friends are in Class 3500.

Tom

Great idea Tom! This will just add to a wonderful day....we're in

Leann

Going to the "Mustangs by the Bay" Car Show? Driving through The OC? Make one of your stops at Starbucks in Tustin, CA. Here is the address:

Starbucks [/size]

Address: 1450 El Camino Real # A, Tustin, CA 92780 Phone:(714) 368-3462

Starbucks opens at 6:00am

Leaving Starbucks at 6:30am

This location is right off the 5 Frwy or Santa Ana Frwy at Red Hill. The Starbucks is on the corner of Red Hill and El Camino. Perfect for off and on access. There also are gas station there, Shell and Mobil and on the other side a Union 76 and Chevron. If you need gas, please fill up before arriving at Starbucks.

I will have Post #1 with the names of the TS Members going with us.

Tom (Fontech)

Alan (Legend Lime Registry)

Jim and Donna (REDTAIL)

Rob and Leann (check6)

Dan and Marji (MY500SS)

Just chime in if you want to be apart of the TS Herd on the 5 Frwy...

Tom

It's Saturday or as I say Detailday. Hope all of you are enjoying your Datailday. After my daughters soccer game today, my stable will be my office for some old fashion bonding. Please make sure that you put your registration form in your stang. I will be PM'ing you with my cell number just in case you are running later. But between you and me, a Shelby is never later, the driver is. LOL

The only person that might not come is Jason, so I will be calling him later today to confirm. Make sure your batteries are charged, the bay is a perfect place after the car show to move your Shelby around for the PERFECT backdrop.

Tom

This was a perfect day for all the Team Shelby Members.

To start off, everyone was there before 6:15am and after so Joe (coffee) and food, we were on the road by 6:30am. The Team Shelby Members that made it were, Dan (MY500SS), we missed Marji; Jim and Donna (Redtail); Rob, Leann, Jennifer, Elizabeth (check6); Karl and Tammy (07-Red-one); my Legend Lime friend Alan and Sherry and myself, Tom (Fontech).

Alan led the pack to the Mustangs by the Bay in San Diego. On the way there, we were attached by someone leaving their windshield wipers on (it rained) a couple of times. Luckily I was in the rear of the pack, so with drafting the rain missed me (right).

We made the trip in less than 1 ½ hours. We were there before 8:00am. Jim and Donna, Karl and Tammy and Dan went through the “Day of Show” check in and Alan and Sherry, Rob, Leann and the girls and I went to our locations.

After cleaning the stang, I went over to the Team Shelby Crew and took so pictures of there Shelby’s. The first stage area was perfect, so I started to take photos of them. They had to move, after the San Diego Fire Department stated the area that they were park in needed to be open. Later on during the voting I was able to take so images of their rides at the new location.

On the other side of the park, Rob and Leann were parked with view of Alan and Sherry and me. I also took pictures of our rides.

We all meet at the Shelby Class (3600) for a group lunch. We then walked to a place to have lunch. We all enjoyed the conservations that were taking place. Also my other Legend Lime friends Andrew and Tracy joined us for lunch. Next time I will not ask the busboy to take pictures. They were not focused. But I did have him standing on a chair to take them.

To follow the flow of the day were the awards. In Class 3600 (Shelby) Rob and Leann pulled a 2nd Place, Dan in Class 4300 (Day of Show) came home with 3rd Place and me in Class 3500 (2005 to 2009 Vert) pulled 1st Place.

This Team Shelby Crew has decided that we all will be coming to the 2010 Mustangs by the Bay next year. Hope next year there will be more of us there. All I can say is that it was a “Perfect Day.”

Tom

Here is the link of the photos: http://s948.photobucket.com/albums/ad322/S...By%20The%20Bay/ and click on slideshow on the top right. Some of them I will be posting.

Jim and Donna (Redtail)

2009MustangsbytheBay_005.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_009.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_010.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_011.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_012.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_013.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_014.jpg

Dan (MY500SS)

2009MustangsbytheBay_015.jpg

2009MustangsbytheBay_016.jpg

Class 3600 (Shelby)

Rob and Leann (check6) 2nd Place Picture is with Leann and another winner

2009MustangsbytheBay_054.jpg

Class 4300 (Day of Show)

Dan (MY500SS) 3rd Place

2009MustangsbytheBay_055.jpg

Class 3500 (2005 to 2009 Vert)

Tom (Fontech) 1st Place

2009MustangsbytheBay_056.jpg

:happy feet: Great pics! We had a fantastic time with the convoy to the show, the show itself, and with lunch with the TS bunch. Having the Terlingua win a "second place" in a group of 16 Shelby's was great too! We meet with several other Shelby owners (one with a beautiful black KR), who hopefully will be joining TS and perhaps joining our TS group at Shelby Bash 2010. If you are a TS member in SoCal you need to get out with this group of great Mustang and Shelby enthusiast! :happy feet: :happy feet: :happy feet: Thanks to Tom (Fontech) for getting us together.

Leann and Crew

It was a great day and an amazing scenic setting for a show. A bit smaller than last year, but fun nonetheless. Congrats on the win. and it was good finally catching you as you were driving off at the end.

I actually placed this year myself in 05-09 modified class. There were 18 or 19 cars in that class so it was nice being recognized up against some real nice cars.

Mustangs at the Bay has been added to my "must do every year" list. What a blast of a day it was. I would say it was 99% perfect. I took off 1% for the "heavy marine layer" that got all our cars wet for a short part of the drive down :cry:

Loads of fantastic Mustangs to be enjoyed, wonderful people to spend the day with, a great lunch and awards in every class Team Shelby entered :yahoo: .

Thanks Tom for putting together the TS gang for this show. I had a great time and look forward to seeing TS gang again.

Archived