TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Incompetent installers

09vistablue

Man, I had my steeda kit put on in the spring, when I went through my stock parts a few weeks ago, and I noticed they had ratched the shit out of my stock pulley, In addition I met up with OCD for a cruise last night and noticed they had sealed off the air intake with the rubber stripping and mine didn't come with any, serenity now. The supposed performance place that my dealership out sourced the work to had told me that it is nearly impossible to get the pulley off without damaging, however it is no unusable and u can see where they took a screwdriver and tried to hammer the F'N pulley off. To boot u can't even order a new stock pulley from Ford. The install place said they would get back to me and try and find a new pulley, that was five weeks ago. It is now in the hands of my salesman, we'll see what happens, I won't slam anybody's names yet depending on the outcome. To boot I phoned Steeda Canada and they told me they would get me PRICING on the weather stripping. It will be interesting to see if they are willing to lose a customer over a 10 dollar piece of rubber. I will let u know what they do.

Just curious how many guys, that used a proper pulley puller screwed up their factory pulley ?? I know the one my buddy just got back doesn't have a scratch on it. Thanks for letting me vent..

Sorry to hear of your installation woes. I would be livid. As to your question, many people have damaged their OEM pulleys, especially in the "early" years before the better quality pullers were known within our circles. Fortunately a replacement pulley is fairly cheap.

I hope you shared this information with the Ford Service Manager so they can rethink before sending anymore work to that shop.

I have pulled over a dozen off with out a hitch. You have to use the right tools, and be patient. If you don't find a stock one let me know, I can locate on for you. I am sure there a few not in use from the swap.

If it isn't a shop that works on these cars often, then they will just try to use whatever 3 jaw puller they have lying around. And those things will for sure damage it. I talked to a guy that had his done at a local shop and he said that they used a blow torch and a cutting wheel to get his off. SCARY!!!!

If it isn't a shop that works on these cars often, then they will just try to use whatever 3 jaw puller they have lying around. And those things will for sure damage it. I talked to a guy that had his done at a local shop and he said that they used a blow torch and a cutting wheel to get his off. SCARY!!!!

:doh:

Man, I had my steeda kit put on in the spring, when I went through my stock parts a few weeks ago, and I noticed they had ratched the shit out of my stock pulley, In addition I met up with OCD for a cruise last night and noticed they had sealed off the air intake with the rubber stripping and mine didn't come with any, serenity now. The supposed performance place that my dealership out sourced the work to had told me that it is nearly impossible to get the pulley off without damaging, however it is no unusable and u can see where they took a screwdriver and tried to hammer the F'N pulley off. To boot u can't even order a new stock pulley from Ford. The install place said they would get back to me and try and find a new pulley, that was five weeks ago. It is now in the hands of my salesman, we'll see what happens, I won't slam anybody's names yet depending on the outcome. To boot I phoned Steeda Canada and they told me they would get me PRICING on the weather stripping. It will be interesting to see if they are willing to lose a customer over a 10 dollar piece of rubber. I will let u know what they do.

Just curious how many guys, that used a proper pulley puller screwed up their factory pulley ?? I know the one my buddy just got back doesn't have a scratch on it. Thanks for letting me vent..

I would make the dealership pay for and source the rubber piece... Mind you I have been waiting almost 4 months for the factory floormats for my car from the same dealership...

Well my salesman talked to the installer and they are now supposedly in the process of trying to find me a used one in good shape, that is fine with me as mine was technically used when i took it in to get worked on. As far as the rubber stripping I was told that it does not come with the Steeda package. However I spoke to Todd at Steeda Canada and he said it was, and he would send me some at 8 dollars a foot 2-3 feet required, he also said it was not really that functional so I think I will pass, as far as the dealership goes I have been told a few contradictory stories, so I think I will take my free Oil change and go elsewhere for service and parts.

If your talking about the crank pulley and water pump, I used a 2 claw puller got it off in 1min was done in 20 minutes. Next time call me, I will do it for you.

Well I have to say I'm impressed my salesman phoned me today and he has a new stock pulley waiting for me in less than a week after I brought up the issue. As far as the weather stripping it apparently didn't come with the kit, they said they would order it in for me if I wanted, however I spoke to the Steeda rep and he said it really didn't affect the functionality so I won't bother. At least my dealer Healy Ford in Edmonton looked after me quite quickly, and it is good to know they looked after me..

The rubber strip is functional as it protects the car from the sharp steel edges of the cai..

I got the exact same cai and it came with the rubber... They should order it for you... I bet the bottom of the Cai is going to scratch your inner femder bottom too... Not to mention the hood liner rubbing up againt the bare metal top...

Archived