TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heres something for the 2011 Guys!!

Michael Morris

2011 GT500 Stripe colors:

85B = GRABBER BLUE STRIPE

85R = COLORADO RED STRIPE

85W = WHITE STRIPE PERF (perforated for glass roof perhaps?)

85X = BLACK STRIPE

85Z = RACE RED/INGOT SILVER STRIPE

851 = RACE RED/BLACK STRIPE

852 = WHITE STRIPE

857 = SILVER STRIPE

The most significant changes in the GT500 were made from 2009-10. To me, an aluminun block is nice, but just a weight saving add on.

IMO it should not be a deal breaker a reason for wiating 6 months for a car. I like iron blocks with SC engines anyway.

From what I've read, the suspension changes that Ford made to the '10 turned the GT500 into a better handling car. That being said, taking that much weight off the front end has to make a good thing better.

Additionally, I don't think Ford would sell a supercharged AL block engine if they weren't confident about it. Have Ford GT owners had any problems? (Not sarcastic - honest question.) If not, it'll be worth the wait IMO.

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

85X = BLACK STRIPE

852 = WHITE STRIPE

857 = SILVER STRIPE

From what I've read, the suspension changes that Ford made to the '10 turned the GT500 into a better handling car. That being said, taking that much weight off the front end has to make a good thing better.

Additionally, I don't think Ford would sell a supercharged AL block engine if they weren't confident about it. Have Ford GT owners had any problems? (Not sarcastic - honest question.) If not, it'll be worth the wait IMO.

Hey bud, I can answer your question on the Ford GT. The engine is SOLID as you can get it and there have been ZERO issues with the block. At my dealership, we service several of them, and a few of them are REALLY worked!! One has almost 1,000 hp now and it hasn't had any problems!! Durability is NOT an issue! :shift:

The most significant changes in the GT500 were made from 2009-10. To me, an aluminun block is nice, but just a weight saving add on.

IMO it should not be a deal breaker a reason for wiating 6 months for a car. I like iron blocks with SC engines anyway.

Just a matter of opinion I guess. I have no problem waiting. Winter is coming in NYC and my Mustang, which is for sale, will not be seeing much use if any. If the 11 doesn't have an aluminum 5.4, any other changes or there isn't a perf. inc. then I will take an 11 or 10 which ever the dealer wants to move more.

85X = BLACK STRIPE

852 = WHITE STRIPE

857 = SILVER STRIPE

Not saying that AL block SC engines will fail (case in point LS9 and Ford GT), just my preference. Yes the handling characteristics will improve with the AL block, it's just not a big deal for me. Now, add a TVS or Whip and that would be worth waiting for. I agree matter of opinion.

85X = BLACK STRIPE

852 = WHITE STRIPE

857 = SILVER STRIPE

thanks for the update...anything on the base colors...

And another dealer with some 2011 info:

"Okay, I did some digging in the Mustang 2011 Order Banks today and found a few more goodies...

Package 402A is, indeed, the GT California Special...

- 245/45/19 tires.

- Carpeted floor mats (likely logo'd with GT/CS).

- Side Tape Stripe

- Side Scoops

- Pedastal Spoiler

- 54X California Special Package

Colors listed for this package are limited to:

- Grabber Blue

- Performance White

- Race Red

- Black

- Ingot Silver

- Red Candy

Carryover options include HID's, Comfort Pkg, Security Pkg, 3.55 Limited Slip, 3.73 Limited Slip, Electronics Pkg, Glass Roof, Rear Video Camera, Shaker 1000, etc.

New options showing are 6-speed Automatic, Brembo Brake Pkg, and 3.15 Limited Slip.

I checked into 2011 V6 options and found a listed for a 3.31 Limited Slip axle. About time! Also, GT500 appears to get the Glass Roof finally and an optional SVT Performance Pkg."

So the GT/CS is making a come back and the GT500 gets a glass roof. Hmm ...

No Kona blue or the GT/CS? Bad move and not too excited about the pedestal spoiler. The current spoiler on the GT is perfect.The new car is too aggresively styled. You start adding F&F spoilers and scoops and the car looks overdone.

Having been away for a while (Iraq) and coming back on this board, I feel like I am on the camaro forum with a bunch of divas. I still don't understand why people get mad because somebody else has an OPINION, its not right or wrong its just their opinion. Everyone is missing the point of the post, the performance package is listed as an OPTION not standard so the price will only increase if you check that box. Second if there's a new block, there wouldn't be a major price increase for two reasons. The new alum.block will be produced in mass quantity making the cost a lot less and also with the introduction of the Z28 coming, Ford will not doubt want to keep the price below the Camaro.

Having been away for a while (Iraq) and coming back on this board, I feel like I am on the camaro forum with a bunch of divas. I still don't understand why people get mad because somebody else has an OPINION, its not right or wrong its just their opinion. Everyone is missing the point of the post, the performance package is listed as an OPTION not standard so the price will only increase if you check that box. Second if there's a new block, there wouldn't be a major price increase for two reasons. The new alum.block will be produced in mass quantity making the cost a lot less and also with the introduction of the Z28 coming, Ford will not doubt want to keep the price below the Camaro.

Autoblog has pics of the 2011 Mustang V6. The front is new but the rear looks just like the 2010 GT.

Autoblog shows a new grill in pics from the LA Auto show. Lower opening also looks more angled.

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/la-2009-20...d-mustang-v6/#4

The new grill is cool! Although I may be biased because I think it looks like the SGT's.

WRT the Autoblog pic, I think it might be the camera angle. The front bumper fascia looks like the '10 in this pic.

post-10226-1259865052_thumb.jpg

post-10226-1259865052_thumb.jpg

The new grill is cool! Although I may be biased because I think it looks like the SGT's.

WRT the Autoblog pic, I think it might be the camera angle. The front bumper fascia looks like the '10 in this pic.

Ya, camera angle. Looks like all they did was a new grill and a trunk lid lip cover in the rear. About normal for the year after a major style change. They concentrated on engine mods to keep ahead of the Camero. Should sell very well!

Looks like rear is the same, which is fine with me.

Anybody else notice the 6-spd shift knob on a GT?

Hasn't the 6-spd been exclusive to the GT500 up to this point?

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Anybody else notice the 6-spd shift knob on a GT?

Hasn't the 6-spd been exclusive to the GT500 up to this point?

Phill Pollard

2010 Kona Blue/White GT500

Yes, but not any more. The 2011 V6 gets one too. Gotta improve the overall fuel economy standard (CAFE) some way.

Autoblog has pics of the 2011 Mustang V6. The front is new but the rear looks just like the 2010 GT.

The front is the same as the 2010.

TMS Post #50

Autoblog shows a new grill in pics from the LA Auto show. Lower opening also looks more angled.

http://www.autoblog.com/gallery/la-2009-20...d-mustang-v6/#4

The silver V6 that's posted over at Autoblog is a special edition MCA Mustang which is why it has a different front facia than a stock 2011 V6 Mustang.

More info here...

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php...st&p=861197

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

I just put in an order for 2011 GT500. Only thing you can order right now is a 2011 Vert.

So far I only see one color change.

Race Red

The only option that I see that is new is

67F SVT Performance Package

P265/40 P285/40

RR Spoiler with GF (dont know what that means)

3.73 limited slip axle

19".95 Prem Painted Wheels

NO PRICE!!!

Ill keep playing over the next few weeks and see if anything changes.

MM

MM, any update?

Michael's on his way home from the bash. I suspect that he won't pop in until sometime later today or tomorrow.

Archived