TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Heres something for the 2011 Guys!!

Michael Morris

I just put in an order for 2011 GT500. Only thing you can order right now is a 2011 Vert.

So far I only see one color change.

Race Red

The only option that I see that is new is

67F SVT Performance Package

P265/40 P285/40

RR Spoiler with GF (dont know what that means)

3.73 limited slip axle

19".95 Prem Painted Wheels

NO PRICE!!!

Ill keep playing over the next few weeks and see if anything changes.

MM

• Replies 145
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Luis, I dont have that yet

I just went to the order bank and tried to order a GT500. It would only allow me to put the info in for a GT500 Convert!

No price or anything. Did this is 08 and found out about the GO SGTs. Sometimes it lets you play with the orders before the order bank opens.

MM

Luis, I dont have that yet

I just went to the order bank and tried to order a GT500. It would only allow me to put the info in for a GT500 Convert!

No price or anything. Did this is 08 and found out about the GO SGTs. Sometimes it lets you play with the orders before the order bank opens.

MM

Michael, I love playing with the CONCEPTS system and trying out things. Its fun to speculate. :drool:

Wow, confirmed 3.73 rear end gear? It's really gonna smoke the tires in 1st gear. I bet the price is gonna be at least an additional 6-7g out the door. The Gas Guzzler Tax will go back up. I don't know how much, probably back to at least $1400. MSRP $59,999.99??

Wow, confirmed 3.73 rear end gear? It's really gonna smoke the tires in 1st gear. I bet the price is gonna be at least an additional 6-7g out the door. The Gas Guzzler Tax will go back up. I don't know how much, probably back to at least $1400. MSRP $59,999.99??

Do you really think that the price will increase that much? Wow...just asking...I had no idea the aluminum block costs that much more. Glad I got my '10 then. No way I could dish out that additional cash. whew...sometimes things work out just right.

If price is going up then I think that takes me outta of the game for a 2011. I will probably just find an 09 or 10....

Damn....$6k..really? That is really getting up there!

I wouldn't put too much stock in that price increase. Pure speculation at this point. If Cheby really is going to build the Z28 then Ford will have to compete on price as well. If I were you I wouldn't buy anything or get all upset until you see real prices, not wild ass guesses.

Is it just me or does it not seem right to have a performance package on the 2011? Shouldn't it come the best way possible by default?

True, but keep in mind these are vert options. The '10 vert came with 18" cast wheels so it looks like they're offering the 19" forged coupe wheels as an option which is nice for the vert guys who felt left out. I presume we'll see a coupe performance package too with the 3.73's, 20" rear wheel with stickier 305's, etc.

Do you really think that the price will increase that much? Wow...just asking...I had no idea the aluminum block costs that much more. Glad I got my '10 then. No way I could dish out that additional cash. whew...sometimes things work out just right.

Oh, I really have no idea. I was just guessing. I know the Ai block and associated changes to go with Ai will increase the price + change in wheels + 3.73 rear end gear. I'm just guessing that you are looking at an increase in gas guzzler tax + higher msrp, but like I said, it's just a guess.

I was thinking, someone made a comment regarding remaining competetive with the z28, another consideration is the vette is due for a change... I thought I read somewhere it's the c7 Vette 2013. If I recall release is 2012. I saw some pics floating around recently that looks like the old stingray. I know when I was looking for a gt500 the main reason I didn't get a vette was appearance. This will change alot with a vette model change..... I bring this up because the gt500 will need to keep the price low not only to compete w/ z28, but also current and future vettes.

I just put in an order for 2011 GT500. Only thing you can order right now is a 2011 Vert.

So far I only see one color change.

Race Red

The only option that I see that is new is

67F SVT Performance Package

P265/40 P285/40

RR Spoiler with GF (dont know what that means)

3.73 limited slip axle

19".95 Prem Painted Wheels

NO PRICE!!!

Ill keep playing over the next few weeks and see if anything changes.

MM

Michael,

That is a great update, I thought that ordering 2010 Mustangs would not be possible until November sometime? Are the Shelbys different dates? If so when is Job 1?

I am in the market for a convertible as soon as the order books open, my 98 Cobra Convertible (bought it new) is getting a bit tired, but it has been a fun ride-longest I have ever owned a car (my wife keeps reminding me).

Looking at http://www.fordperformancegroup.com/, there's a block listed as the 5.4l Production Cast Iron block, assuming this to be the block in the current GT500s. There's also a 5.4l Aluminum block with wet sump. The aluminum block is $2,400 more than the iron block and 129lbs lighter. So I would guess the price will go up $2,400, minimum. I would not think the 3.73s would make it go up, it's just a gear swap. The gears, 3.55, 3.73s etc. are all listed as the same price anyway.

Why all of a sudden now do you think a mfg. is going to increase the price on a car + 3-6k all because of a material change in the block.

Lets go back to the 98 Z/28 w/ LS1 vs the 97 Z/28 w/ LT1. The price DID NOT shoot up $5k due to the new AL engine, or every other car comapny with a AL block. They all had to make the switch some time and I bet they didnt raise the price of the car by 10% due to metal change. Average customer just dont care so the auto industry cant raise the price for that reason.

Do you really think its going to cost Ford that much to pour AL into a casting vs iron into a casting. NO its not, it needs an AL block in order to be competitive with the market. Ford should of done this 10 years ago.

So im guessing when you guys heard about the 2010 was getting most of the 09 KR stuff you guys must of thought that the price was going to go near the $80k KR price because it has the same engine, suspension, and new sheetmetal....... right.....

Think about it guy's. They need to sell cars at all costs and this is what the GT500 needs to stay on top

Looking at http://www.fordperformancegroup.com/, there's a block listed as the 5.4l Production Cast Iron block, assuming this to be the block in the current GT500s. There's also a 5.4l Aluminum block with wet sump. The aluminum block is $2,400 more than the iron block and 129lbs lighter. So I would guess the price will go up $2,400, minimum. I would not think the 3.73s would make it go up, it's just a gear swap. The gears, 3.55, 3.73s etc. are all listed as the same price anyway.

In my experience, when you buy parts from Ford, example is the HIDs, the parts cost ALOT more than the actual option does when you order it on your car. Having said that, I do NOT believe the price will go up $2400 with the aluminum block. Maybe $500. Mark my words.

Im old enough to remember the ZL1 Camaro coming out in 1969.A friend of mine bought one.Sticker was around 3200, the aluminum block "go fast stuff" was a 3200 option!!.Its all what the market will bear,for me the ships anchor i have in my GT500 is fine.

Archived