TEAM SHELBY FORUM

OK Check this Out

Cobra Boy

So I started another thread for this so it would get some attention. I have messed with my car all day now and I can't get get the alarm to go off.

Tease me all you want, but someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

So I started another thread for this so it would get some attention. I have messed with my car all day now and I can't get get the alarm to go off.

Tease me all you want, but someone tell me what I'm doing wrong.

:huh: :huh: :huh:

..I don't have one yet, but from what I have read, it should go off from several things.

-lock car with windows down, and open door by reaching inside and pulling handle

-again with car locked and windows down, move your arm in front of the rearview mirror to set off motion detectors

-with car locked, jack up the rear to set off the incline sensors.

edit; when I say lock, I mean close all doors and then lock with your remote. Will actually do the same if you lock from the inside, and then close that door. Will NOT work using key from outside.

good luck

John

..I don't have one yet, but from what I have read, it should go off from several things.

-lock car with windows down, and open door by reaching inside and pulling handle

-again with car locked and windows down, move your arm in front of the rearview mirror to set off motion detectors

-with car locked, jack up the rear to set off the incline sensors.

good luck

John

I am going to go out to the garage and try that on wifeys GT/CS. It has that anti theft on it too.

John,

I rolled the window down. Locked the car. Reached my hand in and waved it by the Rearview mirror. Nothing.

Then I reached my hand in and opened the door by the handle. The alarm went off. The Horn starts honking. I hit the key fob and it stopped.

I am going to go out to the garage and try that on wifeys GT/CS. It has that anti theft on it too.

John,

I rolled the window down. Locked the car. Reached my hand in and waved it by the Rearview mirror. Nothing.

Then I reached my hand in and opened the door by the handle. The alarm went off. The Horn starts honking. I hit the key fob and it stopped.

..Rob, maybe she doesn't have the motion sensor, either that or we just don't have it figured out yet. I mentioned the mirror since supposedly the Shelby Auto billot light cover above the mirror doesn't have the holes needed for the motion sensors to work. So I thought that was a good place to start with movement. We'll get it all figured out eventually, and look back on this and laugh or grimace a little.

..Rob, maybe she doesn't have the motion sensor, either that or we just don't have it figured out yet. I mentioned the mirror since supposedly the Shelby Auto billot light cover above the mirror doesn't have the holes needed for the motion sensors to work. So I thought that was a good place to start with movement. We'll get it all figured out eventually, and look back on this and laugh or grimace a little.

I have a feeling the motion sensor has to deal with rocking movement not movement in the air. Just a thought.

I have a feeling the motion sensor has to deal with rocking movement not movement in the air. Just a thought.

I just read thru the mustang owners manual, and it specifically mentions not setting it if people will be left in the car. Just don't quite know how it work tho.

there is a passive system that comes standard with the mustang, but the active system, although standard for the shelby, is an add on for the mustang. Active means that it has motion detection and tilt sensors.

I just read thru the mustang owners manual, and it specifically mentions not setting it if people will be left in the car. Just don't quite know how it work tho.

there is a passive system that comes standard with the mustang, but the active system, although standard for the shelby, is an add on for the mustang. Active means that it has motion detection and tilt sensors.

Our window sticker on our 2007 GT/CS says "Active anti-Theft system" $325.00.

We ordered it with it. I guess we have not turned it on. I wonder how that works. :baby:

here's what I found on it; just doesn't give enough specifics

Keeping Mustang Where It Belongs

Mustang has an optional, active anti-theft package aimed at combating high performance-car insurance premiums. The package includes:

* Separate Alarm Sounder

Car thieves often begin by disabling the vehicle’s horn to disarm the alarm system. So Mustang employs a separate, remotely located alarm sounder that makes it harder for thieves to disable the system and make off with the car or its contents.

* Anti-Tow Sensor

To guard against the growing criminal trend of tow-away theft, an inclination-sensing module records the vehicle’s angle of inclination when the anti-theft system is armed. If the sensor detects a change in vehicle inclination, it sends a signal to the alarm system, which triggers a separate alarm sounder and flashes the car's lights to guard against tow-away thefts. This sensor also can detect whether one corner or side of the vehicle has been jacked up, to guard against theft of wheels and tires.

* Ultrasonic Interior Motion Sensor

To detect "smash-and-grab" break-ins, an ultrasonic interior-motion sensor determines if glass has been broken or someone has placed a hand or other object inside the car. If an intrusion is detected, the alarm sounder is activated and the exterior lights flash to frighten would-be thieves.

* Perimeter Anti-Theft Protection

Perimeter anti-theft sensors also detect the opening of the hood, doors or trunk when the anti-theft system is armed. If the vehicle is parked and the window rolled down, for example, the alarm is sounded if a would-be-thief tries to open the door to gain access to the car.

* High-Capacity Battery

A 60-ampere-hour battery is capable of sounding the alarm longer. This more powerful battery lends an extra measure of authority to the active anti-theft system and helps prevent battery run-down from use of Mustang's powerful audio system while the engine is off.

...guess someone could lock theirs up, and heave a brick thru a window to try it out.... :hysterical:

...guess someone could lock theirs up, and heave a brick thru a window to try it out.... :hysterical:

I'm thinking that we could talk SCGT500 into preforming that test for us. It is the least he could do to help us all out. He could get it fixed on his ins. later anyways.

SCGT - Can you please post the results after your test.

I think the sensors recognize the difference between daylight and dark. I trailered it from the dealer in the daylight and am certain I locked it with the fob. When I got home it was dark. The family checked the car out. I locked it with the fob and started to move it to the shop when the alarm went off. I didn't do anything different than when I left the dealer. I thought I would need to push the button on the fob twice to activate the system. Next, I locked it from the inside without the fob and finished moving it. The alarm did not go off. I still don't have it figured out.

i'm calling the dealer monday (although i'm sure they won't know either?. i messed with mine again and can't get it to do anything, even after locking the doors with the windows down and flailing my arms like a mad man inside the vehicle (me standing outside)

:drop:

even after locking the doors with the windows down and flailing my arms like a mad man inside the vehicle (me standing outside)

I'll bet that had the neighbors tittering.:D

Mine is not working for the opening of door or movement in the cabin, maybe something has to be reset?

I'll try the brick test....on MM's car!

If your going to try the brick test you need two bricks one for the drivers side & one for the passenger side.

Good Luck Let us know how you make out. Don`t let your neighbours see you do this.

:stop:

I know you weren't serious....but you know how they write things on plastic bags like "Do not take this bag, wrap it around your head, and go to sleep...may cause suffocation". In the same way, we need to legally protect ourselves. :hysterical2:

I have no trouble with my alarm. One time I was getting gas and the pump had a problem, so I had to go inside, I locked the doors with the window open, when I returned to the car, I didn't get but 2ft from the drivers side door and the alarm went off with horn and lights made me jump. The motion sensors are great I went to the dealership and one of the salesmen walked up to the car to check it out and the alarm went off, scared him to death :drop: , I laughed my :censored: off. I don't know if this has anything to do with your problem but I always push the lock button twice. Good luck on finding out what is wrong with your alarm.

Archived