TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New Shelby floor mats

I've been using some Shelby mats so I wouldn't wear out the 40th mats. These are getting worn after just about 1500 miles. I liked the GT500 mats so I changed them out. Not the most interesting thread but hey, this forum needs posts :D

Here's the used mat, starting to wear, time to go.

shelbymat.jpg

Here's the new one. The passenger and trunk mat have the same logo.

newmat.jpg

I was checking out the new mats while I was in Vegas. They are nice mats. I am also saving the 40th mats for shows, etc. I have a set of Lloyd mats with a cobra on them that I use for driving. They are holding up fairly well but starting to show some wear marks. I may do the same thing when these wear out. By then we should know how these new ones are holding up.

I was checking out the new mats while I was in Vegas. They are nice mats. I am also saving the 40th mats for shows, etc. I have a set of Lloyd mats with a cobra on them that I use for driving. They are holding up fairly well but starting to show some wear marks. I may do the same thing when these wear out. By then we should know how these new ones are holding up.

How's your car doing? Having fun?

How's your car doing? Having fun?

Hey Torch I am definately loving this car! :happy feet: The improved handling is really dramatic. It really does feel like a new car. The TVS is sweet and real streetable and comes on nice and smooth. I definately have a traction problem now. :hysterical: I have been doing my heat cycling on the 3.73 gears so I finally got that done. Still have to season the rotors and bed the pads but Baer says to drive it (easy stops) a week or so to wear through the zinc coating.

We are having record breaking heat here so I am out with the top down a lot for this time of year. The biggest difference is the attention it attracts. It just looks awesome now! Especially since it now has stripes and the razors. I have had a lot of thumbs up. I was stopped by a cop picking up my daughter from school today and he flagged me down using my lack of front license plate as an excuse. After we had that discussion (didn't write me up just said I needed to put it on) it was obvious he wanted to look at the car. Spent 10 mins going over the car.

Definately having a great time driving this car. I am considering spending the week shining it up and might enter it in the last PNW Mustang club show this year.

Hey Torch I am definately loving this car! :happy feet: The improved handling is really dramatic. It really does feel like a new car. The TVS is sweet and real streetable and comes on nice and smooth. I definately have a traction problem now. :hysterical: I have been doing my heat cycling on the 3.73 gears so I finally got that done. Still have to season the rotors and bed the pads but Baer says to drive it (easy stops) a week or so to wear through the zinc coating.

We are having record breaking heat here so I am out with the top down a lot for this time of year. The biggest difference is the attention it attracts. It just looks awesome now! Especially since it now has stripes and the razors. I have had a lot of thumbs up. I was stopped by a cop picking up my daughter from school today and he flagged me down using my lack of front license plate as an excuse. After we had that discussion (didn't write me up just said I needed to put it on) it was obvious he wanted to look at the car. Spent 10 mins going over the car.

Definately having a great time driving this car. I am considering spending the week shining it up and might enter it in the last PNW Mustang club show this year.

I've been stopped twice by cops, both times were just to talk about the car! They didn't even fake a reason. Are you going to the Shelby Bash?

It would be cool to get a photo with all the 40th's

Andy

I've been stopped twice by cops, both times were just to talk about the car! They didn't even fake a reason. Are you going to the Shelby Bash?

It would be cool to get a photo with all the 40th's

Andy

That's cool Andy. I am really wanting to go to the bash. It would be sweet to see all the 40th's together. I was just talking to my wife about it. I need a trailer so I can bring the car down. We'll see what I can work out.

-- Bob

Archived