TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Season Over For Me

alaska

Just got home and it started snowing we live at about 900 ft above sea level looks like season is over for the 10 cobra. Time to bring out the snowmobile 400 pounds and 150 horses deep snow monster.

I was going to say that sucks but then I read the part about the snowmobile. :)

Just got home and it started snowing we live at about 900 ft above sea level looks like season is over for the 10 cobra. Time to bring out the snowmobile 400 pounds and 150 horses deep snow monster.

Hi Alaska...long time, no talk. Hope all has been well with you and your family. :)

Well, at least you got some quality time with the Shelby. I have to say that I don't know if I would be able to handle not driving it all fall and winter here. I'm going to drive mine through the winter. The snowfall here hasn't been too bad in recent years. Just a storm here and there. I'll just leave the Shelby at home on those days. But I plan on driving it when it's just cold out. Probably no "joy" driving through the winter..just the trips to work and to the store.

So I'm guessing that you won't be able to break your car out of storage til March then?

If I had to leave my car in the garage that long...I think I would move my bed, TV, computer, etc. into the garage next to it! LOL! Yes...I LOVE my Shelby... :wub:

Man Ill trade that for the 15in of rain we just got==although it was 78 here today--and we're at 1000 ft,but only get snow once a year

Wow...15 inches of rain! That's unbelievable. It rained the good part of the day here too. Went up to about 80 degrees today, but it's only down to about 75 now...the humidity is just off the scale...11sfepw.gif

Better than a snowstorm though..or even worse sometimes are those icestorms!

Good to hear from you Blue. Yes I got in a few weeks of driving and it was awesome there are only two 10's in the state and mine Grabber Blue is one of them the other is Kona. Every where I went people pointed what I thought was the greatest was a 5 year old boy riding his bike with his family stopped and pointed at the car as we drove by. Yes it is in our blood. Well we leave for Maui this Thursday for 10 days we have a direct flight. We will be riding snow machines by the end of October just north of us averages 10 plus feet by December and I will post pictures.

While I dont have to put my car away yet, I feel your pain. I usually have to put mine away in mid/late November. This will be the third winter I have stored the car and let me tell you it is torture! By the time mid March early April rolls around I am about to lose my mind! Its a great time to stock pile parts and do work on the car though.

Archived