TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Camaro Z28 back on?

calgaryshelby

I sure hope that is true. While I prefer Fords, I want all the bad boys back and back for real. In the latter half of the 60's we in the Mustang camp had many the battle with the Cameros. Sure love to see that come back for real.

Jim

It would be nice to see the Z28 back on along with a more traditional Charger from the Dodge/Fiat conglomerate. Man that still sounds weird.

If American car companies can deliver these cars along with the quality I am sure it will bring people into the show rooms. And as soon as the economy improves a little hopefully have people buying American again.

With the recent announcement from the BO administration about pulling forward the fuel mileage requirements I am a bit surprised that Government Motors would be allowed to do a Z28. I guess they don't anticipate high enough volumes to have much of an effect on their corporate average.

Although this is planned, I am still skeptical that any higher performance versions will come out of GM until I actually see them in showrooms....I honestly beleive there is so much still up in the air about what they will be able to produce that an unofficial announcement over a year out about a new model from GM is not worth holding your breath.

I think it would be good competition to see that happen, but who knows?

-Sudguy4

The camaro is slightly lighter and underrated. This may be the emphasis for ford to throw that 600 hp eaton on it. They already offered it warrantied so they have done all of the testing needed just in case.

Roger

It is lighter in N/A form in the SS. Intercooled supercharger systems add weight!

Although this is planned, I am still skeptical that any higher performance versions will come out of GM until I actually see them in showrooms....I honestly beleive there is so much still up in the air about what they will be able to produce that an unofficial announcement over a year out about a new model from GM is not worth holding your breath.

I think it would be good competition to see that happen, but who knows?

-Sudguy4

I agree 100%. I'll believe it when I see it.

Keep in mind that the current polictical mindset wants black colored cars banned because they believe black cars use the A/C more than other colored cars. A/C use decreases mileage.

Also is everyone forgetting who FIRED Rick Wagoner? Yup the same people who said they don't want to run a car business. Bailout money has strings attached. Many strings that will take many years to sever.

Steve

I agree 100%. I'll believe it when I see it.

Keep in mind that the current polictical mindset wants black colored cars banned because they believe black cars use the A/C more than other colored cars. A/C use decreases mileage.

Also is everyone forgetting who FIRED Rick Wagoner? Yup the same people who said they don't want to run a car business. Bailout money has strings attached. Many strings that will take many years to sever.

Steve

lol, gotta love the current admin. I'm surprised you can even buy a V8 car at the moment. When they get done we'll all be driving some kind of Smart Car.

Archived