TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Winter Wheels - Black?

zhodd

I want to actually drive the car in the winter when it's not snowing and have been trying to find some options for some cheaper winter wheels. I am not looking to break the bank here and was actually thinking of just using some black steelies with a set of 18s.

Anyone else in the same boat as me in NJ?

Y hte heck would u actually wanna expose ur car to salt on the road? Ur apint and frame will suffer from this. U hsould seriously reconsider.

I have driven my E36 M3 in the winter every year since I bought it in 1995 - it's still in mint. I am not really worried about it. I don't take them out in a snow drift. Just a nice crisp wintery day

Now that is what it is all about. Drive IT!!!!!!! :happy feet:

I am from MI so I know all about that.

I have to be honest - that pic is the only day it saw weather like that. We began to lease a third (commuter) car (a Civic) 21 months ago. This was partly driven by the gas prices approaching $4/gallon at that time (the Civic almost paid for itself vs. driving our Expedition). Now it looks like we'll remain a 3 car family and I can worship my garage queen. :hysterical:

In the meantime, at some point I'll be putting stickier tires on the black wheels for autocrossing & track days.

Anyone want to buy some winter tires that have been driven on maybe three times? :lurk:

Archived