TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bummer!

Got a call from my wife and a severe thunderstorm went through our neighborhood on the NE side of Houston. A little over a year since Hurricane Ike and we've got trees down (some through homes) all over.

Commute home is going to be a mess and I'll have to break out the Stihl when I get home :censored:

Family, pets & home are OK though :happy feet:

Radar showed the top of the storm at 60,000' while it was over Kingwood and my neighbor has a hole through his roof where a big branch fell. Three big trees down in the three yards surrounding us but our trees came through OK.

Got a call from my wife and a severe thunderstorm went through our neighborhood on the NE side of Houston. A little over a year since Hurricane Ike and we've got trees down (some through homes) all over.

Commute home is going to be a mess and I'll have to break out the Stihl when I get home :censored:

Good Luck and I hope all is well at your house.

Radar showed the top of the storm at 60,000' while it was over Kingwood and my neighbor has a hole through his roof where a big branch fell. Three big trees down in the three yards surrounding us but our trees came through OK.

I'm on my way but do you think TSA will let me on the plane with my chainsaw??? Sorry couldn't resist hope all is well and I'm not allowed to operate a chainsaw something about meds and being a little touched in the head :drool:

Just got in from the office - big crowds at each bus stop. The damage was worst in a ten block area around my house. The local news was making the rounds to film the downed trees. The next door neighbors swear they saw a small funnel cloud in our trees.

We were all pretty lucky with just some minor damage to the homes except for my neighbor who took the branch through the roof.

Whew!

Thanks for all of the support - you all are the best.

I'm on my way but do you think TSA will let me on the plane with my chainsaw??? Sorry couldn't resist hope all is well and I'm not allowed to operate a chainsaw something about meds and being a little touched in the head :drool:

Just what I needed - a good long laugh! I love my Stihl. It started right up.

I'm glad to hear all of the important things are fine. Take care and be careful with the chain saw...those things are dangerous!

Wow Mark. Glad everything is ok on your homestead. We had about 20 drops of rain over here and that was with the sun shining!

When my wife called, it was sunny downtown but I could see the storm when I looked NE. It just kind of exploded in about an hour.

Looks like we are in for round two tomorrow because Central Texas and Oklahoma are getting hammered by the squall line along the front that's coming.

I'm glad to hear all of the important things are fine. Take care and be careful with the chain saw...those things are dangerous!

I agree a chainsaw in even the right hands can be dangerous

and even more in my hands. Have you ever met a guy who knocked himself out cutting the grass. Or power wahing the deck and falls down the steps and puts a deep cut into the cedar shingles and factures ribs. Then have your friends 3yr old say didnt daddy tell you no power tools. I did convince my wife that an electric chain saw is safer. I have to admitt came close 2x almost cutting in to my foot.

Archived