TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Well CRRRAP

SicShelby

First off I can feel your pain. I did that to both of my Razors on the passenger side. i'm planning on replacing mine once I get a chance.

As for fixing them, they will probably sand down the metal to hide it. From a distance you wont be able to tell but if you get up close it will stick out. They are machine cut wheel which leave a certain texture to the metal and when they get fixed it smooths it out. They wold have to smooth the entire face to make them match. This is what I was told from one of the top wheel fixers in my area.

If your just trying to restore the look, then you can fix them, if your hoping to retain as much value as possible, I would replace it. I would also check the prices. I believe after market rims that look just like ours are around the same price as a fix. I had swirls scratched into the face of all of my wheels from UPS letting them slide around in the back of the truck.

Very easy repair and you wont be able to tell where the damage was.

Problem will be finding a GOOD wheel repair shop. When looking around for a shop make sure you go with a place that actually does the repair there on the premises. So many so called wheel repair places are nothing more than a middle man who ships your wheel out to a third party. Makes no sense to pay for a middle man.

Steve

I got it pretty good. I'll have to say looking at it right now, it's not too bad, but it's enough. I really just must not have been paying attention. :banghead:

Sorry to hear about your wheel getting damaged SicShelby.

This is one of my fears..I don't care if I have to go back and forth to get into a parking spot 10 times...I'd rather do that than take a chance a hit it right on the first try. People can laugh if they want to..but I'm not scuffing my wheels on the curb.

THATS THE ONE! I dont know why i thought they were in ohio.....but they rock

No worries, lol, there are things in Ohio that I never knew was here. :shrug:

Someone asked about a town in Ohio because I guess there were some GT500's waiting at a rail yard to be shipped!

Thanks for the advice everyone. I'll lock down a local repair shop and see what it takes. It's nice to know that you can actually fix them!

:salute:

I got it pretty good. I'll have to say looking at it right now, it's not too bad, but it's enough. I really just must not have been paying attention. :banghead:

As far as repairs does anyone know if they can be polished or fixed anyhow?

P1040637.jpg

P1040638.jpg

Hey Gabe, Give these guys a try, http://www.theroundhouse.ws/Home_Page.html They are located off of 71 and Weber road, right in good old Columbus. I stopped by in the early spring to talk to them about getting my rims black chromed. I think they could take care of the problem. Make sure you get those curb feelers installed soon ; )

Dave

SicShelby,

Don't feel bad I did the same thing in front of the Half Moon Bay library a few months ago. Besides no one will notice those scratches/gouges as you are passing them!

My wheels were so banged up by the Ford testing group (who put 50K miles on my SVT#12 before I bought it in your neck of the woods-Port Clinton and drove it home) that I did not really care. Still looking for a new set of 18" Black Torq style wheels with silver rims to replace my bunged up wheels. Can't find any that fit the GT500's. Lots of wheels for the normal 05-09 Stangs but not the GT500's. Want something wider in the rears for the summer like say 305's?

Mark / MSB Mustang 54

Hey Gabe, Give these guys a try, http://www.theroundhouse.ws/Home_Page.html They are located off of 71 and Weber road, right in good old Columbus. I stopped by in the early spring to talk to them about getting my rims black chromed. I think they could take care of the problem. Make sure you get those curb feelers installed soon ; )

Dave

Thanks Dave, I'll look them up.

SicShelby,

Don't feel bad I did the same thing in front of the Half Moon Bay library a few months ago. Besides no one will notice those scratches/gouges as you are passing them!

My wheels were so banged up by the Ford testing group (who put 50K miles on my SVT#12 before I bought it in your neck of the woods-Port Clinton and drove it home) that I did not really care. Still looking for a new set of 18" Black Torq style wheels with silver rims to replace my bunged up wheels. Can't find any that fit the GT500's. Lots of wheels for the normal 05-09 Stangs but not the GT500's. Want something wider in the rears for the summer like say 305's?

Mark / MSB Mustang 54

You're definitely right, there... Maybe I'll curb the other side to even them out - then no one would notice even with it parked, lol! "Nooo, came like that from the factory!" :shrug:

:hysterical:

You might be able to find some take off wheels on eBay cheaper than getting them repaired. Isn't there a place that some of the take off parts were directed from here? People with the SuperSnake and 40th upgrades often list them.

Good idea...

Archived