TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Pics from Mustangs Unlimited Show Sept 13, 2009

Secondo

I've been going to this show since 1991 with my '72 Fastback. Won a bunch of trophys there with it. Sept 09 show I got there late and it was full but parked across the street. Nice turnout. There were a few Team Shelby members there and a few lurkers. I took my sons with me- they asked why "those Mustangs (1980's- early 90's fox-body) over there" looked "weird" :hysterical2: My middle son Luke (he's 9) said that he liked the older classic Mustangs the best (he took the picture of his favorite car, a blue '65 fastback) and my youngest son Mark (7) likes the S197's the best (he took the pic of the white GT500). My oldest, Jacob (10), likes all of them except the fox bodies. He took the pic of the red 69 Mach 1:

IMG_2033.jpg

IMG_2040.jpg

Luke's favorite:

IMG_2037.jpg

Mark's favorite:

IMG_2038.jpg

Jacob's favorite:

IMG_2039.jpg

Vic's GT500, over 700RWHP, he drove it up from Florida!!! He's Team Shelby member:

IMG_2018.jpg

A Team Shelby lurker's car, a sweet Super Snake:

IMG_2021.jpg

'70 Boss 429!!

IMG_2030.jpg

'69 Boss 429!!

IMG_2032.jpg

'70 Boss 302!

IMG_2031.jpg

Cobra!

IMG_2034.jpg

'72 Mach 1:

IMG_2029.jpg

A sweet '67 Fastback, Bullitt-style:

IMG_2035.jpg

'66 Shelby GT350H!

IMG_2027.jpg

'69 GT350!

IMG_2028.jpg

No comment:

IMG_2026.jpg

For Grabber:

IMG_2020.jpg

2010 GT500!

IMG_2022.jpg

My favorite at the show, a sweet '77 Cobra with a 302!

IMG_2014.jpg

Luke in the store shopping for a new Mustang: :happy feet:

IMG_2036.jpg

Just curious, is there a reason a number of the cars have fire extinguishers by their driver's side front tires?

Jim

Yes Jim, it's a new requirement at car shows here in CT (not sure about other states) for insurance purposes. Every show vehicle must have a fire extinguisher and must be put there in case there's a fire. Some clown must have started a fire at a show somewhere.

Nice show, thanks for posting pics Secondo. You and your boy's have good taste in cars.

:happy feet: Raising them right!!

Luke likes to ride in my 2004 because it's the most comfortable but says that when riding in the GT500 he feels alot of "pressure" when I step on the gas!! :hysterical2:

Great Pics.....Love those II's. :happy feet:

:happy feet: Me too Dave, I'll never forget loving them as a kid- a teacher in my school when I was in 1st grade bought a brand new King Cobra! (Her son still owns it, he's the parts manager at Dowling Ford.) And still never forget seeing the new '79's- I got sick to my stomach :barf: and started getting into Trans-Am's :confused:

Yes Jim, it's a new requirement at car shows here in CT (not sure about other states) for insurance purposes. Every show vehicle must have a fire extinguisher and must be put there in case there's a fire. Some clown must have started a fire at a show somewhere.

Shoot, how is it CT managed to out do CA in the bozo regulation/law department? I thought we had that area all to ourselves. Thanks for the info. Clearly, there will be no patch of planet earth more ready for a fire than a car show in CT. :D

Jim

Shoot, how is it CT managed to out do CA in the bozo regulation/law department? I thought we had that area all to ourselves. Thanks for the info. Clearly, there will be no patch of planet earth more ready for a fire than a car show in CT. :D

Jim

:hysterical2::hysterical::hysterical2::hysterical:

Hilarious!!

There was a small fire at our clubs mustang show last year........while we cant require folks to bring their won fire extinguisher in NJ, we recommend it.

If not for your car, for the guys ride next to yours that threatens to burn your dream to the ground. Better safe than toasted.

Michael,

I heard it was not a small fire but, instead, a mob hit gone wrong. It was New Jersey, ya know. B)

Jim

Michael,

I heard it was not a small fire but, instead, a mob hit gone wrong. It was New Jersey, ya know. B)

Jim

:finger: now Jim.......no mob hit could ever be described as a small fire...........unless it follows an explosion.........

I was bartending at Knickerbockers on second ave in NYC when they "took out" Paul Castelano just a couple of blocks away.......

.......now that was a mob hit!

Archived