TEAM SHELBY FORUM

paxton from brenspeed

This is the first site that's ever advertised 150 RWHP for the Paxton 1200.

Paxton claims 120 HP gains at the flywheel (420 HP out of an otherwise stock Mustang GT).

Regardless, this is a good deal for sure.

Ken

EDIT: Member 'rush_junky' installed this on his SGT with a few other mods and ended up with about 350 RWHP total I believe.

I on the other hand installed this same blower (on top of a whole pile of other mods) and ended up at over 500 RWHP. For the $, this is a great little kit and has a ton of potential.

This is the first site that's ever advertised 150 RWHP for the Paxton 1200.

Paxton claims 120 HP gains at the flywheel (420 HP out of an otherwise stock Mustang GT).

Regardless, this is a good deal for sure.

Ken

EDIT: Member 'rush_junky' installed this on his SGT with a few other mods and ended up with about 350 RWHP total I believe.

I on the other hand installed this same blower (on top of a whole pile of other mods) and ended up at over 500 RWHP. For the $, this is a great little kit and has a ton of potential.

they do there own tune and add plate deletes also that is where the extra is coming from ken.

Is this price just parts. If so then how much is labor and will it pass smog test anywhere Thanks, Kenny.

While the Paxton doesn't have an EO yet for any of it's V8 blowers, your SGT will most definitely pass the emissions 'sniffer' test with the Novi 1200 installed.

It'll pass in California, so you ought not to have any trouble in Texas (unless you find yourself with an awfully ambitious smog tech that finds it necessary to search the EO database or simply fails it on a visual).

Ken

Is this price just parts. If so then how much is labor and will it pass smog test anywhere Thanks, Kenny.

That's got to be one hell of a tune. Paxton claim equates to about 100 RWHP. The best Steeda plates like I have are good for 10-15 RWHP.

I'm not saying it isn't the case, but 150 RWHP out of a non-IC 1200 is pretty phenomenal. :)

Ken

its for the parts the install is 699 i believe but you get 100 off for cash and a 100 dollar gas card also if they do the install. ken i dont know man ive heard nothing but good things about them so ill give them the benefit of the doubt on the increase in hp. BTW what cams are you running?

its for the parts the install is 699 i believe but you get 100 off for cash and a 100 dollar gas card also if they do the install. ken i dont know man ive heard nothing but good things about them so ill give them the benefit of the doubt on the increase in hp. BTW what cams are you running?

Go for it dude, don't look back. This little blower is by far the best mod I've done and I don't regret it at all.

My cams are Comp stage 2 XFI VSR's. I gained about 40HP to the crank and a nasty little lope at idle. Springs/retainers were required with these and they most certainly won't pass smog. The Comp stage 1's are on par with the FRPP hot rods, but cost less and have a meaner lope IMO. Neither of those require valve springs, retainers, or cam phaser lockouts FYI.

Ken

My stang went from 268 rwhp to 420 rwhp with the Paxton Novi 22 with intercooler. I am quite happy with only 8 lbs of boost. The E/O for this SC is approved in CA.

Tom

What do you mean the 'e/o is approved in CA'? First off, EO's are issued on the federal level. If one was issued, it would apply to all 50 states.

This topic has been discussed in ridiculous depth on TS and every time someone has claimed that Paxton finally received it's EO for the 07-09 V8's, they've been proven wrong. So pardon my confusion with your post.

On a side note, are you intentionally running your 2200 at reduced boost? Or is that just what it set up at? My 1200 recorded a peak of 9 psi on the dyno.

Ken

What do you mean the 'e/o is approved in CA'? First off, EO's are issued on the federal level. If one was issued, it would apply to all 50 states.

This topic has been discussed in ridiculous depth on TS and every time someone has claimed that Paxton finally received it's EO for the 07-09 V8's, they've been proven wrong. So pardon my confusion with your post.

On a side note, are you intentionally running your 2200 at reduced boost? Or is that just what it set up at? My 1200 recorded a peak of 9 psi on the dyno.

Ken

I am not a mech. I am told that my boost is set at 8 lbs and whenever I look at my gauge that is all I see. Far as E/O, if it is a Federal or State approval, my Paxton Novi 2200 is approved in CA. The Paxton is approved and is on my '05 Mustang GT. I would not see why this SC could not be installed on any other year of a Mustang. The E/O is was not stamped on it due to it being the first to be sent out. Paxton is sending me the E/O number.

Tom

I am not a mech. I am told that my boost is set at 8 lbs and whenever I look at my gauge that is all I see. Far as E/O, if it is a Federal or State approval, my Paxton Novi 2200 is approved in CA. The Paxton is approved and is on my '05 Mustang GT. I would not see why this SC could not be installed on any other year of a Mustang. The E/O is was not stamped on it due to it being the first to be sent out. Paxton is sending me the E/O number.

Tom

OK, I see. You have an 05 Mustang. They do have an EO for 05-06 GT's. My apologies.

Ken

Here is what I researched on this issue:

EO: D-195-21 View PDFEO Date: 11/14/2006Manufacturer Name: Paxton Products, Inc.Device: Supercharger SystemDevice Type: Supercharger System / Supercharger ModificationPart_Number:Model_Specification:Modification_Allowed:Remarks:

1001834 2001-2004 Ford Mustang 2V 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.25 in. Maximum Boost 9 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1000

1001836 2003-2004 Ford Mustang 4V Mach 1 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.5 in. Maximum Boost 9 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1000

1001838 2001 Ford Mustang 2V Bullitt 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.25 in. Maximum Boost 9 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1000

1001850 2005-2006 Ford Mustang GT 3V w/charge cooler (air/air) 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.33 in. Maximum Boost 10 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 2200

Here is the link http://www.arb.ca.gov/msprog/aftermkt/devi...ermktdevice.php . As you can see, my Paxton is legal. Hopefully this helps other TS Members...

As you can see, this Paxton was not approved until 11/14/2006, but mine was given to my mech in early 2005, so the E/O number is not on the metal label, but Paxton is sending me the E/O label for my records.

Tom

Looks like Paxton also have E/O on 2007 Mustangs:

1001852 2007 Ford Mustang GT 3V w/charge cooler (air/air) 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.33 in. Maximum Boost 10 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 2200*****

1001853 2007 Ford Mustang GT 3V 4.6 L Crank Pulley 6.60 in. (stock) S/C Pulley 3.8 in. Maximum Boost 9 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1200****

1001857 2005-2006 Ford Mustang V6 w/charge cooler 4 L Crank Pulley Stock S/C Pulley 3.25 in. Maximum Boost 10 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1200****

1001858 2007 Ford Mustang V6 w/charge cooler 4 L Crank Pulley Stock S/C Pulley 3.25 in. Maximum Boost 10 psig SuperCharger Model Novi 1200****

Archived