TEAM SHELBY FORUM

PBF Badges on Mustang GT

ngnear

Look what I found on a Mustang GT today at a local Mustang Car Show. Just not right.

Powered By Ford Badges.

This guy said he purchased them off E-Bay a while back when there were supposedly 20 pairs mistakenly released to the public. He said he was lucky to get a pair.

I seem to remember this happening several months (maybe a year ago).

2009CarShow021.jpg

2009CarShow022.jpg

That looks good, and soooo obviously not a clone that I can't see a problem with it really... I think there are a LOT more than 20 sets floating around, I saw a set on ebay tonight for $199 shipped... I even think ford gave them away with certain engine upgrade packages too for a while... not really certain on that though...

With the registry and the control shelby has on replacement parts, it's pretty clear which cars are clones, just like the '60's cars that are cloned, they will have a market that really doesn't affect the "real" cars... once the sgt's really gain in value (wayyyyy in the future), there will likely be so much aftermarket re-pop shit available to clone them that these guys paying a big premium for the emblems now will scratch their heads and wonder why they paid so much!

Oh but ours are exclusive to the Shelby GT :doh: , ya what were we thinking. I would imagine that each and every part of these cars can and will be cloned to look and act as good as good or better than the original SGT and unfortunately a lot less money. But mine is paid for and I still love the looks, but the hp..........naw no one wants to hear that story any more!

Oh but ours are exclusive to the Shelby GT :doh: , ya what were we thinking. I would imagine that each and every part of these cars can and will be cloned to look and act as good as good or better than the original SGT and unfortunately a lot less money. But mine is paid for and I still love the looks, but the hp..........naw no one wants to hear that story any more!

Honestly, I don't think there are a whole lot of people that will end up cloning our cars. Most will spend the $ on making their Mustang look like the GT500.

The real SGT's had a hard enough time selling, even when the price tag was equal to a regular Mustang GT. The Cobra is so much more recognizable and popular that those looking to pass their cars off as a Shelby will pick it to emulate, not ours. That being said, I still wish that the few supposedly 'exclusive' parts on the SGT weren't so easily accessible to everyone else. :headscratch:

Ken

Saw a pair at this weekend's LASAAC show too. The guy had them on his Mustang GT/Roush/Shelby mixed bag of trim pieces that were all over his car.

Some pieces were Shelby, some stock GT, some Roush.

Beats me. :headscratch:

Many more PBF badges out there than just 20 sets.

Steve

there is only 18 sets out there,lucky me , :hysterical: ,,,I HAVE TWO PAIR,,,NEW NEVER USED, :happy feet: ,but I am willing to sell a one set for $ 200.00 shipped to anyone ,just send me a PM,,,these are new,,also got them off ebay over a year ago,,,

Honestly, I don't think there are a whole lot of people that will end up cloning our cars. Most will spend the $ on making their Mustang look like the GT500.

The real SGT's had a hard enough time selling, even when the price tag was equal to a regular Mustang GT. The Cobra is so much more recognizable and popular that those looking to pass their cars off as a Shelby will pick it to emulate, not ours. That being said, I still wish that the few supposedly 'exclusive' parts on the SGT weren't so easily accessible to everyone else. :headscratch:

Ken

Ken - Very good post and I believe your right too. My post was more emotional than practical thinking, as many are. These cars were not an easy sell and most people will clone the GT500's not our cars. As said very good point!

Ken - Very good post and I believe your right too. My post was more emotional than practical thinking, as many are. These cars were not an easy sell and most people will clone the GT500's not our cars. As said very good point!

Well thanks Swede for the friendly response :)

Archived