TEAM SHELBY FORUM

LASAAC Car Show 9/19/09

RayMan

Had a great time at the Santa Monica Pier yesterday. It was really great to meet a lot of new faces!

Here's a link to my photos, it was a beautiful day with beautiful cars and beautiful people!

http://s959.photobucket.com/albums/ae76/09...2009/?start=all

If anybody wants high res images of any just send me a note. Feel free to add your own images to this thread.

Ray

151.jpg

155.jpg

159.jpg

171.jpg

177.jpg

020.jpg

024.jpg

034.jpg

065.jpg

068.jpg

It was a GREAT DAY at the LA SAAC Santa Monica Pier Car Show. I have been a lot of car shows and this was one of elite. It was well organized from entering the pier to Class Check'n and on to your spot for the day.

When I made my way to the Registration Booth, I was greeted by Angie. She was on the ball putting in the "Goodie Bag" wax and your shirt. They had already had the car displays printed out with all your information on it. Perfect!!!

I was looking around after cleaning the stang and said to myself, "That roof on the restraint would be perfect for aerial photos. This restaurant was closed, but I found a door open. Upon entering the manager stated the place was closed. I asked, "I could go on the roof to take photos for all the Mustang Clubs I belong to." He said, "OK." So off to the roof we went. The first parts of the photos are from this roof.

Later in the day Rick (pottydr) challenged me to get on the other roof for photos. I accepted the challenge. I went to the bickcycle rental and the Santa Monica Police Post. The access to this roof was from the Santa Monica Pier Maintenance Dept. A little later I saw them on the pier and there I was asking to have access to the roof. Two minutes later I was on the roof. I called Mike McGuirk. After he answered I asked him to tell Rick to turn around and look at the roof. He laughed and the challenge was completed.

It was a sweet day with the TS Members and that is PRICELESS. Enjoy the photos.

Tom

post-23332-1253504142_thumb.jpg

post-23332-1253504142_thumb.jpg

Randy and LASAAC -

Thanks for a great time!

First class show, you are all to be commended for putting on one of the best I have attended. What a great group! Made the trip from San Jose well worth it.

Here are a couple of shots of my car, next to it's inspiration.

Thanks again,

Michael

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

IMG_1595.jpg

IMG_1596.jpg

IMG_1597.jpg

IMG_1598.jpg

My thanks also goes out to the LASAAC for a GREAT show and a big thanks to all the help and kindness to the members of both LASAAC and Team Shelby that were there and talked to me. It was a great way to start our life with our new Shelby Terlingua! Thanks also to the group we met with at Starbucks and convoyed to the show with. I love my new Shelby and love the wonderful people that we met at the show. I do apologize for having to leave early, but my husbands medical condition sometimes overrules a great time. Great pics everyone. MY500SS, that is a great pic of my car! Thanks for taking it and sharing it here on TS. Hey Tom, you have a great car and made the weekend a fun packed two days! The "clocked" event was priceless!

Again THANKS everyone! :happy feet: :happy feet:

Leann

My thanks also goes out to the LASAAC for a GREAT show and a big thanks to all the help and kindness to the members of both LASAAC and Team Shelby that were there and talked to me. It was a great way to start our life with our new Shelby Terlingua! Thanks also to the group we met with at Starbucks and convoyed to the show with. I love my new Shelby and love the wonderful people that we met at the show. I do apologize for having to leave early, but my husbands medical condition sometimes overrules a great time. Great pics everyone. MY500SS, that is a great pic of my car! Thanks for taking it and sharing it here on TS. Hey Tom, you have a great car and made the weekend a fun packed two days! The "clocked" event was priceless!

Leann

Sweet Tungsten Terlingua, really beautiful color combo!

Congrats!

Thanks Wicked!

Oh, one more thing for everyone who was talking up the upcoming Shelby Bash...I will be going and doing some track time (well, perhaps it really wasn't that hard to talk me into it) and dragging Rob along with me. All I have to do is find a helmet. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Thanks Wicked!

Oh, one more thing for everyone who was talking up the upcoming Shelby Bash...I will be going and doing some track time (well, perhaps it really wasn't that hard to talk me into it) and dragging Rob along with me. All I have to do is find a helmet. :happy feet: :happy feet:

Are we putting your Supercharger and brakes on before that?

Are we putting your Supercharger and brakes on before that?

hummm....Shelby wants 15K more to do it, but that would include more of the exclusive Terlingua stuff and the 20" Razors and tires. That is a lot of saving to do....but then it would be a true high pro Terlingua....that is the way Rob wants to do it...but if you do it, I think it would be cheaper and faster (in time for Shelby Bash perhaps) send an IM with your thoughts

Leann

RayMan,

Great pics, looks like I missed out on a great show.

:censored: kid's soccer games...lol

Laura and I will definitely have to make next years. It's always great making new friends at these events.

On a side note, this weekend I'll be at the Coronado Speed Festival, checking out the vintage car races. I believe Group 7 has several 65-66 Shelby GT-350s in it. Should be fun, cause I'm bringing the Shelby!!

Thanks Wicked!

Awesome, I have another reason to be excited about the Shelby Bash........SA2005 on the helmet, I just bought one for my son.

Thanks Tom.

In my haste to be on time, I did not remember to bring a camera. Wouldn't you know it, that's the time I actually win a trophy.

Thanks for organizing the trip up. In my opinion that was the best part of the day. Liza and Edie say hi and they send this pic from QM show.

Mike

Tom_1.jpg

Tom_1.jpg

Leann

The "clocked" event was priceless!

Leann, just courious, what do you mean? :headscratch:

Archived