TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Redline SS Hood Struts

skeet

I have heard from so many people that hood struts will warp the SS hood. Maybe these folks have it figured out. Any one try yet?

I have them on my car. In fact, the pictures you see on the web site are of my Super Snake.

I was willing to take the risk just to get rid of the prop rod. No issues so far, but I do know SAI doesn't recommend it.

• 1 month later...
Any update on these? Just curious if anyone else has tried them and what is the feedback on them after being out for awhile.

Joker, I talked to the folks there and they say no problems so far, however it did sound like a relatively new product for the SS hood. I think I'll grab a set this winter and try it out.

Joker, I talked to the folks there and they say no problems so far, however it did sound like a relatively new product for the SS hood. I think I'll grab a set this winter and try it out.

Thanks for the info. I would love to be able to get rid of my hood prop but not at the expense of warping a hood.

I've only had them on the car since August, but so far no issues with the hood. Keeping my fingers crossed that I don't have any issues in the long run. In the meantime, sure looks good without the prop rod!

Thanks for the post. I'm thinking of putting them on and whenever the car sits for any length of time, disconnect them from the hood. That might help with possible warping issues.

I asked about a warranty if the hood does warp and they said no but maybe they'll change their mind if they know so many of us are on the fence. They sure have a lot of confidence in their product but don't go the little extra to prove it, knowing that there could be an issue.

I asked about a warranty if the hood does warp and they said no but maybe they'll change their mind if they know so many of us are on the fence. They sure have a lot of confidence in their product but don't go the little extra to prove it, knowing that there could be an issue.

I too would like to go this route with the Bangstang Rad cover. Would like to see these in use with no issues for a bit longer before I will bite!

It's my understanding that most of the problem with these hood supports is that they don't go up the hood far enough and the pressure is too much when you go to close the hood.

I have another suggestion, I saw these at SEMA. Doesn't look like they go up quite as far as the redline but when you go to close the hood the pressure releases and closes the hood automatically.

www.frpcustoms.com

We have not purchased the supports yet. There are a few other things we would like to get for the car and they offered a special if you ordered it all at once. Just waiting to see what "little" I can get buy with "not" spending for x-mas........ :shrug:

Archived