TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Center Caps

clark17357

I have GT500 wheels and am considering changing out the center caps. Having said that, I cannot find where there are any alternate choices to the stock SVT. If anyone has looked into to this and found any, would you be kind enought to share? Thanks.

Jim

I have GT500 wheels and am considering changing out the center caps. Having said that, I cannot find where there are any alternate choices to the stock SVT. If anyone has looked into to this and found any, would you be kind enought to share? Thanks.

Jim

Shelby performance parts carries the only one I know of:

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/List...0%20Hubcap.aspx

Jim

don't get ripped by ford paying $60 apiece for cobra caps. i found the same ones on ebay for approximately $60-70 for all 4 caps. i would search cobra caps on ebay. they are the 2.5" caps. they look great and fit perfectly.

Those will fit. Look on page 63 in the 2008 Ford Performance Racing Parts catalog for more options.

Page 77 in the 2009 FRP catalog. I just do not "get" why they are so expensive -- $50 to $60 for each. Is it just me or that a pretty high price for a piece of plastic with a snap in retaining device?

Jim

Page 77 in the 2009 FRP catalog. I just do not "get" why they are so expensive -- $50 to $60 for each. Is it just me or that a pretty high price for a piece of plastic with a snap in retaining device?

Jim

Made my own with the help of my vinyl graphics guy....just put the stickers over the SVT caps then used some good automotive clear coat to protect them...They have worked out GREAT for me...I wanted them to all face forward on the car, so I had him reverse them for the left side of the car.

post-19184-1253370004_thumb.jpg

post-19184-1253370004_thumb.jpg

Made my own with the help of my vinyl graphics guy....just put the stickers over the SVT caps then used some good automotive clear coat to protect them...They have worked out GREAT for me...I wanted them to all face forward on the car, so I had him reverse them for the left side of the car.

You, my man, are a genius. I want to keep my SVT caps but I can pick up others that fit that are just plain for about $7.00 each and then I can use your method to put down exactly what I want. Thanks!

Jim

I need some caps for my Razors, I was at a show the other day and someone pointed out that my wheel cap plastic cover over the snake is peeling off, I went to look for some new caps and American Racing sells them but at $50 a pop so I need to try to find a less expensive way to mod these wheels. There is nothing wrong with these except the plastic overlay, seems that water is getting under them. I'd sure wish there were some Terlingua ones made for the masses :lurk:

http://store.nexternal.com/shared/StoreFro...ount2=977531075

Here are some I-phone pics, not the best but you'll see....

DSC05763.jpg

DSC05764.jpg

This one is coming off badly unlike the rest that are just lifting around the edges.

DSC05767.jpg

don't get ripped by ford paying $60 apiece for cobra caps. i found the same ones on ebay for approximately $60-70 for all 4 caps. i would search cobra caps on ebay. they are the 2.5" caps. they look great and fit perfectly.

THe ones 1badshelby posted are $54.95 for a set of 4 (not each):

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ap%20Cover.aspx

Yea a bit pricy, but most things for these beasts are.

I got em and they slipped on easily and are a nice little touch

THe ones 1badshelby posted are $54.95 for a set of 4 (not each):

http://www.shelbyperformanceparts.com/Show...ap%20Cover.aspx

Yea a bit pricy, but most things for these beasts are.

I got em and they slipped on easily and are a nice little touch

those caps are cool. however, i wasn't talking about the "gt 500" caps on spp. those caps are just stick ons over the existing svt caps. i'm talking about all new center caps that have a cobra on them only (same cobra that is on our fenders). ford and others sell them for $60 per cap. i purchased same caps on ebay for approx $60-70 on ebay. for the money, they are hard to beat.

those caps are cool. however, i wasn't talking about the "gt 500" caps on spp. those caps are just stick ons over the existing svt caps. i'm talking about all new center caps that have a cobra on them only (same cobra that is on our fenders). ford and others sell them for $60 per cap. i purchased same caps on ebay for approx $60-70 on ebay. for the money, they are hard to beat.

I checked them out on ebay and you are dead on . . . much better price and they look pretty good.

Jim

Jim,

I used the red "CS" that came with my CS40 wheels inside my GT500 track wheels. I purchased blue "CS" caps for the CS40s. The center cap went in with a bit of gentle persuasion from a rubber mallet. The cap actually sits down in the hole. You don't see the "chrome" finish on the edge of the center cap but the face sits flush with the wheel.

If I remember correctly, they are $15 each.

shelby058.jpg

Jim,

I used the red "CS" that came with my CS40 wheels inside my GT500 track wheels. I purchased blue "CS" caps for the CS40s. The center cap went in with a bit of gentle persuasion from a rubber mallet. The cap actually sits down in the hole. You don't see the "chrome" finish on the edge of the center cap but the face sits flush with the wheel.

Hi Chris,

Thanks for that photo. I remembered you did something with your track wheels. Here is a shot of my new wheels and you can see why I need new center caps. I don't think I could convince anyone that "SR" stands for Shelby Racing. :D

Wheels009.jpg

Jim

very nice wheels.

Thanks, Chris. I want you to know that I restrained myself and did not get the chrome version. Not a good sign when your own 21 year old son tells you, "Uh, Dad? Putting that much bling on your car is going to make it looks like a rapper owns it." Not sure what he meant about what cars rappers own but could not escape his conclusion as everyone else who weighed in on it voted the same way.

Jim

• 2 months later...

.....Did you see my earlier post? I may have these on at the Bash. The blue ones I have on the CS40 wheels might look good with your car.

Jim,

shelby058.jpg

Is anyone able to point me to a source for the "CS" style center-cap, been looking to replace one cap on CS69 wheel and havent been able to find a source through Shelby or the usual wheel outlets... someone out there must be smarter than me??

Thanks, Fordie.

Archived