TEAM SHELBY FORUM

just ordered a 2010 Shelby

jmathome

Hi all. Became a member of this great informative site today and here is my question. My son purchased a 2010 Shelby several days ago and I was wondering what should we look or pay special attention to when we pick the car up at the dealer. I would like to start a checklist of items. Thoughts?

Thank you very much for your help

Some recurring issues on multiple cars, I won't detail the laundry list on mine:

1. Hood alignment to front bumper.

2. Paint on front bumper. Look VERY closely at the seam between the fender and bumper, in front of each wheel on the front. Look for flaking, ripping paint. Put your finger behind the bumper and pull it out just a tad, like 1 mm.

3. Check the rims for ANY damage. Look inside the lug holes for damage. These rims are MEGA expensive. If you take delivery and then notice it, you will be blamed.

4. Start the engine and listen for anything odd. Don't drive yourself apeshit over it, if you start it and don't immediately hear anything unusual, it's fine.

5. Look at the air filter worm clamp. Inspect for rips on the filter neck adjacent to the clamp edges.

6. Closely inspect the interior for fit and finish.

7. Closely inspect the stripes. Most bubbles can be pushed out unless there is dirt underneath. Check for stripe rips, alignment. It isn't a Mona Lisa so don't expect perfection, but don't accept crap work either.

8. Check underneath the front chin spoiler for evidence of jackassery. Bottoming out, ramming into crap etc.

9. Check the paint for obvious stuff like gigantic bubbles, dirt etc.

thank you all for the reply. Waiting for the dealer to provide car information. We were told 8 to 10 weeks. We will check on Monday for an update

Drive the car and check the 1-2 shift at high rpm.and make sure theyve set the supercharger--feel for vibrations in emegerency brake

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Dealer called and the car is in. Build date 120091021, Kona Blue, white stripes, HIDs, electronic package and car cover (in New Jersey). Planning on picking it up this Saturday and rest assure the above items will be checked in detail. Thank you all for your help. I will post my results, hopefully we can help others

Dealer called and the car is in. Build date 120091021, Kona Blue, white stripes, HIDs, electronic package and car cover (in New Jersey). Planning on picking it up this Saturday and rest assure the above items will be checked in detail. Thank you all for your help. I will post my results, hopefully we can help others

Hope your delivery goes well, make sure you're there when it comes in off the truck. Also, you be the one to drive it to fill the tank, and make sure its SUPER, preferably find a Sunoco station and fill it Ultra 93. Welcome to another Jersey Boy, Kona Blue to boot... BEST OF LUCK with it. GUS

thank you all for the reply. Waiting for the dealer to provide car information. We were told 8 to 10 weeks. We will check on Monday for an update

One other point don`t let the dealer clean it tell them to do the pdi & you will look after cleaning it.

Also tell them to leave all stickers & plastic covers in place or they will take them off along with the window sticker & toss them. Welcome to TS & Good Luck

Picked up the car today. Inspection checklist in hand. The car is perfect. 13 miles on the odometer, there was a full tank of gas at the dealer. It is misty here in New Jersey today, so the car got all wet, but it is OK, the car will be a daily driver It is awsome. Every one on the road gave us the thumbs up. In the process of setting things up (cell phone, nav, radio etc). Very happy

Picked up the car today. Inspection checklist in hand. The car is perfect. 13 miles on the odometer, there was a full tank of gas at the dealer. It is misty here in New Jersey today, so the car got all wet, but it is OK, the car will be a daily driver It is awsome. Every one on the road gave us the thumbs up. In the process of setting things up (cell phone, nav, radio etc). Very happy

Where in Jersey are you? Would love to get our "Kona's" together for some pictures...

Send me a PM if youre interested.

Sorry for late replies, but family issues came up.

1) Purchased the car from Wayne Ford in Wayne NJ. It was a good transaction

2) The car was purchased by my son, who lives in Chicago, but left the car with me until he re-locates to North Carilina early part of the year, so I get to play with it from time to time or until the wheather holds up and then it will be under its covers in my garage. It has 402 miles, half by me :-). Have pictures on my wifes apple computer and will post in a day or so

Thanks for all your help

Archived