TEAM SHELBY FORUM

price increase

on ford website yesterday noticed $500 increase on gt 500.

I'm confused......It's actually a $500 decrease for my car. The MSRP on my car used to be $50, 895......and my window sticker shows the same. It's now $50, 395 on the website. It seems the standard vehicle price before options went up $500.........but the options dropped it down $500. WHAT THE............??????

I'm confused......It's actually a $500 decrease for my car. The MSRP on my car used to be $50, 895......and my window sticker shows the same. It's now $50, 395 on the website. It seems the standard vehicle price before options went up $500.........but the options dropped it down $500. WHAT THE............??????

could it be that smething that was a $500 option is now standard--only HIDs and cover would fall in that category

My dealer got the dealer's invoice this week and it still has the old numbers. Build is scheduled this week. I hope I don't get hit with the extra $500 at this late date. :rant2:

I'll paint the axle myself for $500

Dont see how it can be the axle if options went down $500,and the net is the same--math doesnt work out as an increase just a shift

As Sterling said...its the gas guzzler that's confusing everyone.

The new price on Ford's site is $500 higher, even for the base coupe at $46,825 vs. the old 46,325. When you run through the Ford configurator, it doesn't add the gass guzzler tax, which is shown on the actual invoice and sticker. If it looks like your price went down $500, it just means the guzzler tax isn't added in yet.

Looks like a price increase is coming, just don't know when it actually takes effect and whether its related to any additional content or changes (such as axle painting)

my car was scheduled to be built yesterday.iwonder if new window sticker will show price increase.i`m not paying it i already have my bill of sale.

i wonder if increased price is for:

painted axeles, alined hood, trany you shift 1+2 gear. no dirt in paint, rims that aren`t scraped.

why would you raise the price on something your not producing?????

sharpie did you pick up your car??

can some check to see if my car was built yesterday. called cs at dealer 10/2

my car was scheduled to be built yesterday.iwonder if new window sticker will show price increase.i`m not paying it i already have my bill of sale.

painted axeles, alined hood, trany you shift 1+2 gear. no dirt in paint, rims that aren`t scraped.

:hysterical:

AAGGGHHHH!!!!!! No car yet......it had sat on the distribution lot in Maryland from Tuesday morning until being scanned in yesterday afternoon. By the time it was scanned in, the other cars were put on the truck and sent to my dealer. Soooooooooooooooooo.............suppossedly tomorrow (the original delivery date) is on. But I wanted it early :cry::cry::cry: The anticipation is killing me!!!

When I ordered my car the base invoice price was $46,325. The gas guzzler tax will never show up on Ford's website. My gas-guzzler tax was $1500, so no it's not exactly cheap. Imagine if Ford had stuck some 3.73 or 4.10's in there lol, would have been $2k+ probably lol. If Ford is painting the axle then I'm sure that they are going to make for it somewhere so maybe that's where the $500 increase is coming from.

When I ordered my car the base invoice price was $46,325. The gas guzzler tax will never show up on Ford's website. My gas-guzzler tax was $1500, so no it's not exactly cheap. Imagine if Ford had stuck some 3.73 or 4.10's in there lol, would have been $2k+ probably lol. If Ford is painting the axle then I'm sure that they are going to make for it somewhere so maybe that's where the $500 increase is coming from.

Gas guzzler on the 2010 is only $1,000 :headscratch:

Gas guzzler on the 2010 is only $1,000 :headscratch:

Yeah..that's what mine was...don't know about the $1500 one mentioned by ironpeddler. Perhaps for different states? It was never on the ford website however when I was looking to buy a Shelby.

Just another way to rape the consumer, nothing more, nothing less.

Regards,

Jim

LOL! oh how true...Our government definitely needs more of our money to do great things with....(lots of sarcasm there)

Archived