TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Hood Fitament

zhodd

I have seen a couple threads around the intertubes talking about it but I am wondering how widespread this one is.

Looking at the front of the car - the left side of my hood doesn't sit as flush as the right side - I would say by a quarter inch or not a little more. I haven't had a chance to roll up the sleeves and really take a look at what is going on but I imagine it's a simple fix.

Anyone else have something similar on their car?

I have seen a couple threads around the intertubes talking about it but I am wondering how widespread this one is.

Looking at the front of the car - the left side of my hood doesn't sit as flush as the right side - I would say by a quarter inch or not a little more. I haven't had a chance to roll up the sleeves and really take a look at what is going on but I imagine it's a simple fix.

Anyone else have something similar on their car?

Mine is the same too. I tried to fix with the bumper stops but was not able. I think that the nose needs to come up. If you fix yours please tell me how it was repaired, so I can do mine. Thanks.

Mine is the same too. I tried to fix with the bumper stops but was not able. I think that the nose needs to come up. If you fix yours please tell me how it was repaired, so I can do mine. Thanks.

I am going to try to swing by the dealer and see what they think. I am guessing it's like that...

What might bug me is if they fix it does it throw the stripes off

This is the driver's side. Gap is about 3/16"

IMG_2721.jpg

This is the passenger's side. Gap is about 1/8 - 5/16"

IMG_2724.jpg

The hood is flush with the front fascia in the vertical plane, and the stripes line up perfectly. I'm probably going to leave it as is for now. In my experience, trying to fix very minor things like this actually end up causing more, new problems than they solve.

This is the driver's side. Gap is about 3/16"

IMG_2721.jpg

This is the passenger's side. Gap is about 1/8 - 5/16"

IMG_2724.jpg

The hood is flush with the front fascia in the vertical plane, and the stripes line up perfectly. I'm probably going to leave it as is for now. In my experience, trying to fix very minor things like this actually end up causing more, new problems than they solve.

man there sure is alot of metal flake in that paint--looks good

I'm probably going to leave it as is for now. In my experience, trying to fix very minor things like this actually end up causing more, new problems than they solve.

That's my experience too....at least the majority of the time. I haven't really went around and measured things like this...just been enjoying the car as a whole.

Archived