TEAM SHELBY FORUM

I think I got the shaft

cknight

My car was ordered on 03/29, white with blue stripes. I changed color in May to red. As I understand, this was the only car this dealer was getting. He is a Non SVT, Non Pa, GT qualified dealer and only should get one car.

Today I was having some work done on my truck and found out from a ticket writer that they sold a white with blue stripe car back in late Aug or early Sept. I just about puked. The man did not work there at the time but seemed to know alot about how the car performed, I guess from talking to other employees.

It was late so no one else was there to talk to. I guess I will be back down there tomorrow to get the rest of the story.

Question, Is it possible to find out if they have received a car?

Chris

I hope the guy has bad information. I find it hard to believe this dealer could get a car by early Sept. If I remember, the first ones hit the floors in late July, or early August. Would a Non SVT, Non PA dealer have a car by Setpember?

My car was ordered on 03/29, white with blue stripes. I changed color in May to red. As I understand, this was the only car this dealer was getting. He is a Non SVT, Non Pa, GT qualified dealer and only should get one car.

Today I was having some work done on my truck and found out from a ticket writer that they sold a white with blue stripe car back in late Aug or early Sept. I just about puked. The man did not work there at the time but seemed to know alot about how the car performed, I guess from talking to other employees.

It was late so no one else was there to talk to. I guess I will be back down there tomorrow to get the rest of the story.

Chris

Maybe it was simply a GT or a Cervinis car...not a GT500.

I hope the guy has bad information. I find it hard to believe this dealer could get a car by early Sept. If I remember, the first ones hit the floors in late July, or early August. Would a Non SVT, Non PA dealer have a car by Setpember?

Have you called CS and given them your order number and Dealer code to check status or did you not get a DORA. Did you get a contract and put some cash down or is this a handshake deal ?

New news today. I guess I am happy, I am going to get a car, but not at the MSRP price I was promised.

Here's how it went down.

Called C.S. this morning while on the way to the dealership. CS told me the statis was serialized. My phone went dead before I could ask her anything else. When I walked into the dealership and ask my contact what this was, he said, "lets go to my office and find out". While we were sitting in his office, the owner of this small dealership came in and I was introduced to him. He knew who I was and said "you are the guy with the GT500 on order". I responded, "yes, glad to finally meet you". He said, "I have been meaning to call you". I knew somithing was up.

FYI He purchased the dealership in September of this year. The original owner promised the car at MSRP.

He started telling me how much these cars are bringing and because he was only getting one car, he was not going to be able to sell me the car at MSRP. He would not set a price, he wanted to wait until two weeks before delivery and sit down with me and do some market research to determine a price. After some discussion, we went to his office and he agreed to sell me the car for 3,000 over. I said I would take it as I thought it was a fair deal.

Around 5:30 he called me and said he had talked to Ford and the car was scheduled for a Jan 15th build date and should be in the first week of Feb if all goes well.

As I look back to the beginning, somewhere in the Spring of 2005 when I first found out about the possibility of the GT500, getting on two list ( 1st on one and 2ndon the other) and having one dealer tell me I was never on a list and the other bump me to 3rd and want 10k over and than finding a car at MSRP to now getting it at 3K over, it has been a interesting ride to say the least.

If all goes well, I will be driving a Red w/white stripe, GT500 in Feburary.

Chris

New news today. I guess I am happy, I am going to get a car, but not at the MSRP price I was promised.

Chris

Congrats. Hope you got a sales agreement signed at the $3k over price. He may change his mind if not. Also, two weeks after build is a bit optimistic to get to the dealer....more like 4-8 weeks is typical.

Good luck!

Dave

Here's how it went down.

Called C.S. this morning while on the way to the dealership. CS told me the statis was serialized. My phone went dead before I could ask her anything else. When I walked into the dealership and ask my contact what this was, he said, "lets go to my office and find out". While we were sitting in his office, the owner of this small dealership came in and I was introduced to him. He knew who I was and said "you are the guy with the GT500 on order". I responded, "yes, glad to finally meet you". He said, "I have been meaning to call you". I knew somithing was up.

FYI He purchased the dealership in September of this year. The original owner promised the car at MSRP.

He started telling me how much these cars are bringing and because he was only getting one car, he was not going to be able to sell me the car at MSRP. He would not set a price, he wanted to wait until two weeks before delivery and sit down with me and do some market research to determine a price. After some discussion, we went to his office and he agreed to sell me the car for 3,000 over. I said I would take it as I thought it was a fair deal.

Around 5:30 he called me and said he had talked to Ford and the car was scheduled for a Jan 15th build date and should be in the first week of Feb if all goes well.

As I look back to the beginning, somewhere in the Spring of 2005 when I first found out about the possibility of the GT500, getting on two list ( 1st on one and 2ndon the other) and having one dealer tell me I was never on a list and the other bump me to 3rd and want 10k over and than finding a car at MSRP to now getting it at 3K over, it has been a interesting ride to say the least.

Chris

Chris,

My car was also serialized today. The next step after that is segmented, which gives it a build week. You need to call CS Monday and confirm that you have a build week.

Also double ditto on what dave says on the contract because if he wants to go with market conditions, you are in for an increase.

Chris,

My car was also serialized today. The next step after that is segmated, which gives it a build week. You need to call CS Monday and confirm that you have a build week.

Also double ditto on what dave says on the contract because if he wants to go with market conditions, you are in for an increase.

Double ditto? Is that like double secret probation? :hysterical:

YOU MUST GET IT IN WRITING!!!!!!!

I went through this BS with my friend the Dealer. They can cash your check and tell you one thing and do the other! I guess document everything and ride their A$$. Its a shame that when you finally decide to buy a new Ford these Dealers do this to you. Sometimes you wonder why a car company could have money problems...Ford check your messengers..

dude no offense but that should have raised a flag......@msrp...?right off the bat?

Many cars have been sold at msrp. This was a small local owned dealer, non-svt. He was more interested in selling the car and getting a good customer. He was purchased by a multi-dealership owner. More interested in making a big hit. I don't want to start a long thread here about ADM's, its been beat to death by now. But it seems to me, the big dealers are the ones demanding the large ADM's.

FYI, I always had in the back of my mind the deal could change. I guess I am lucky this car is being built in Jan/07 and not Aug/06, as ADM's seem to be droping a little.

Chris

• 2 months later...

Chris

Chris,

I am glad you got your car and the dealer did not pull any tricks. I know how worried you were about it.

Rob

YES- I bought my shelby from a non svt, non P-choice small town dealer. Picked it up September 27, 2006. LUCKY ME!!!!!!!

Yes, I have the car. Took delivery on the 20th. It is red and white. The service person that told me they had already taken deliver of a car was wrong. The new owner of the dealership did change the deal and added 3K to the msrp but I still took the car. Its GREAT! I will send pics

Archived