TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SHELBY Lettering on rear

2sharpie

Does anyone know if the lettering on the 2010 is the same size as the previous years??? I need to order one of these http://jlttruecoldair.com/zencart/index.ph...products_id=223 so when I put the black letters on, they are straight!!!

Im thinking like zeindog,but looked at it from my engineering background.It looks to me they were put on all at once with a jig/fixture.Your attempting a high risk maneuver,really.Even doing this one at a time,getting them all EXACTLY parallel and spaced properly to me is highly unlikely,even if your a surgeon.And then you'll never get them back the way they were.Im 64 and have attempted similar tasks that looked pretty straigtfoward,and said later, now why did i do that.I know itll sound weird, but why not just tape off each letter real well and paint the latters black,or just the flat outer edge,leave the sides polished.good luck

Im thinking like zeindog,but looked at it from my engineering background.It looks to me they were put on all at once with a jig/fixture.Your attempting a high risk maneuver,really.Even doing this one at a time,getting them all EXACTLY parallel and spaced properly to me is highly unlikely,even if your a surgeon.And then you'll never get them back the way they were.Im 64 and have attempted similar tasks that looked pretty straigtfoward,and said later, now why did i do that.I know itll sound weird, but why not just tape off each letter real well and paint the latters black,or just the flat outer edge,leave the sides polished.good luck

I like the sound of that...black faces with polished sides...sounds cool!

Archived