TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how long have you had yours, How many miles are on it and how many have you seen on the road?

jaaman

Mine was built 6/28, I picked it up 7/21, mileage over 9K in next day or two. Have had none of the problems the unlucky few have posted here. Worst problem is an occasional squeak from the dash cover that I think is actually the piece under the dash cover. Gas mileage is a calculated (not by car computer) 20 MPG +/- 0.2 MPG. Most driving is in traffic so I'm not thrashing it, but not babying it either. No track time.

Have yet to see another on the road, though I know there must be at least a dozen or more in this local area of SE Virginia. Heck, there are several posters (definitely not poseurs) from this board who live in the area and I've yet to link up with them. Anyway, still getting the rock star treatment most times I drive. Sigh.

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I got my coup in Nov,06 it now has 2,300 miles on it. Just did my first oil change with pennze oil and napa gold filter, it seems to ran quicker a bit. I drive it any chance i can get. No problems to date getting 15 miles per gallon and having lot's of fun with the car. I promised myself to wash it once per week. I have seen a few coups here but no vert yet. :D

• 4 years later...

While I agree with you, I was one of the "fools" that paid an ADM and although it was only 5k I would do it again. I got my car October 26th of 2006 and I love it, I am glad they are still making them and if the timing is right I'll purchase another one :drool:

Very funny reading the first post in this thread and seeing just HOW WRONG he was. LOL!!

I took delivery of my car on Oct 25 2007. The car now has 4200 miles on it.

I STILL rarely see another GT500 on the road.

In fact just a couple weeks ago was the first time I have ever seen another Red w/black stripes 07-09 in person!

February 08 pushing 39K miles.

come on folks get out there and drive em :peelout:

I found my 2007 at a dealer stashed away with very low miles (1000). I bought it on my birthday of last year (Nov 30th).

I now have just a bit over 10k miles on it. Have gone on two long trips and it's tons of fun to drive. I too don't see too

many on the road, but then again living in New Mexico I don't think I will.

My car arrived Nov. 21 2006 I have 26,000 on it. I love to take it out once a week for a ride or to dinner or once a year track event, it gets better every year, because i have installed more mods to her. The new VMP TVS make the car silly stuipid fast now! more fun to drive.

• 3 months later...

Bought my KR used in Feb. 2011, had 5900 mi. on it. Now it has 8650 miles on it in just the first summer! What good is having such a cool car with so much horespower if it sits idle in the garage? I was at Miller Motor Sports Park (an amazing road race track where they did the testing on the prototype of the KR) and Larry Miller has a museum there and among all his vintage Cobras, GT350s and 500s, a Daytona Coupe and all four in the Ford GT40 series sits one modern Shelby which happens to be my exact color and year KR. So I'm sure I will never be able to keep my KR museum quality so I'm just going to drive it and enjoy it. I bougt if for me not the next owner (who will probably be my son who will inherit it and all it's problems) he'll have the fun of restoring it.

I LOVE THIS CAR!!!

I buy them to drive them, not look at, possess or clean them. Got mine 1 month ago with 5K miles on it, it now has close to 7K miles.

When you are lying on your death bed do you want to look back and remember that you owned one or that you drove one? :)

I've made my choice.

You know what cracks me up. I rarely see gt500s on the road. RARELY. There are now 5 model years out for them and soon to be 6. That means people take alot of pride in these cars. Not to throw the topic of discussion to the collectibility point, but I figure if people are this stingent with there cars right now... what makes you think these cars wont be sought after 30 years from now. Just my 2 cents. Thread back on track i have 15300 miles on my car bought it oct 1st 2010 with 9960. I deploy alot or would drive it more.

Got my '07 in late January of '07 with 3,000km on it. Just turned 36,000km last week.

Got my '09 a week ago with 252km on it. Should turn 1,000km this week end.

Both will be stored when this week end is over.

I hate winter too!

• 2 weeks later...

Got my 07 blk, with blk top, with blk interior, with blk wheels and blacked out lights on 6-18-07. 61,471 miles right now.

We've driven in 30 of the 48 contiguous states. This past aug. we put 8,120 miles on the car driving thru 19 states. :shift:

Vic and Joyce

Archived