TEAM SHELBY FORUM

So how long have you had yours, How many miles are on it and how many have you seen on the road?

jaaman

post-6920-1166134676_thumb.jpg

I picked up my car on Sept 22, it now has 2500 miles on it. It is by far the best car I have ever owned. On the fun to drive scale, it is a 10+. I live in Southern California and I only have seen 3 on the road which makes me wonder what the production numbers really are. My take is that Ford will only make enough of these cars to meet the demand. That will probably be low numbers, even though this is an awesome car. That is my opinion and I am sure a lot of you will agree with me. The bottom line is that there are not enough people out there that want a car with 500 HP to justify Ford mass producing this car. So when the frenzy dies, so will the Production of this Car. Don't forget that in the 60'S & 70'S the production numbers on these Cars were low. History repeats itself. My advice is to anyone out there who can afford to get one of these cars... GET IT. I am probably one of the few lucky ones that got mine for MSRP. Don't really know what to say to all of you waiting for the ADM'S to drop. Galpin Ford in Van Nuys is still getting 30+ over and Vista Ford in Woodland Hills just sold 2 coupes for 20+ over. Good Luck! Hope you all get yours. :shift:

Jaaman

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I've had mine since Oct 3rd (ordered March 16th). It now has about 1400 miles on it. I too got mine for MSRP. Although I have seen 1 other one in the showroom, I am yet to see another one on the road. The only other near sighting was of a silver convertible made to look like a GT500 with body kit, badges , etc...close , but no cigar. In the Portland, OR/Vancouver WA. area.

I picked up my car on Sept 22, it now has 2500 miles on it. Every time I get into its like vacation time. It is by far the best car I have ever owend. On the fun to drive scale it is a 10 plus. I live in Southern California and I only have seen 3 on the road wich makes me wonder what the productions numbers realy are. My take is that ford will only make enough of these cars to meet the Demand. And that will probaly be low numbers.even though this is a awsome car, that is only the opinion of mine and all the other Car nuts out their. the The bottom line is that there is not that many People out their that want a car with 500 HP. So when the frenzy dies so will the Production of this Car. Dont forget that in the 60'S & 70'S the prduction numbers on these Cars were low. History repeats it self. My advice is to any one out their who can afford to get one of these cars GET IT. I am probaly one the few lucky ones that got mine for MSRP. Dont realy know what to say to all of you wating for the ADM'S to drop, Galpin Ford in Van Nuys is still getting 30+ over and Vista Ford in Woodland Hills just sold 2 coupes for 20+ over. Good luck hope you all get yours.

Jaaman

Ordered mine from the dealership I work for on 08/14/06 and I picked it up on 12/08/06 at the railyard. Car now has about 400 miles and presently sitting in my garage do to inclement weather in florida .. dont want rain to hit it !

I too never see a GT500 on the streets. My first ever shelby I saw was actually on 12/08/06 on my way up to get my Shelby ... wow ... think someone was sending me a signal

dond

I've had mine since Oct 3rd (ordered March 16th). It now has about 1400 miles on it. I too got mine for MSRP. Although I have seen 1 other one in the showroom, I am yet to see another one on the road. The only other near sighting was of a silver convertible made to look like a GT500 with body kit, badges , etc...close , but no cigar. In the Portland, OR/Vancouver WA. area.

I too saw that clone at Lowes. I saw one other in a dealership.

I drive mine every night in my dreams. Oh, those sweet, sweet dreams. :baby:

Gve em hell rpetzel ... great answer ... when do u think your getting yours ?

I have had mine since November 13, 2006 and I have around 1800 miles on her now. I love driving this car, it is like an addiction :shift: . I have only seen one other GT500 besides mine and that was at a car show (blue w/ white stripes) and it wasn't even clean, it had bugs on the windshield, dirty wheels on top of the normal brake dust, and a bubble in the stripe on the front bumper where the indentation is for the plate screws :angry2: . What a disgrace to such a fine car.

I have had mine since July 27. Have about 3200 miles on it.. Thought the car was done for the year here in Iowa, but we are now having very nice weather after our 9 inches of snow 2 weeks ago. I think I might drive my car tomorrow. Then I'll probably cut the insurance back until spring. I have seen 2 this fall on the west side of Michigan. :shift:

Ordered mine from the dealership I work for on 08/14/06 and I picked it up on 12/08/06 at the railyard. Car now has about 400 miles and presently sitting in my garage do to inclement weather in florida .. dont want rain to hit it !

I too never see a GT500 on the streets. My first ever shelby I saw was actually on 12/08/06 on my way up to get my Shelby ... wow ... think someone was sending me a signal

dond

I've had mine since November 25th and it has 208 miles on it. I've had quite a bit of travel for work. It's killin' me not to be able to drive it. When I am home, it's that time of year that I leave for work and it's dark, and when I leave work, it's almost dark. I'm very concerned about hitting a deer driving it at night (because you know it is going to be high speed). So, I'm holding out for good weather this Saturday. We'll see.

Oh yea, I drove a couple hours to a larger dealer to see one on the show room floor when they received theirs in October. That's the only other Shelby I've seen in my area.

hsurb

Mine sits in my parents' garage in Missouri with 456.7 miles. I picked her up on Black Friday (Nov.24th) in Indiana and drove her back to Missouri. I saw a red vert GT500 east bound on I-70 as I was west bound around Terre Haute, IN that day. Other than that, I've seen another red vert in a showroom that sold for $15K over in Houston, MO.

Picked up my Alloy Silver coupe on Oct 19th. I now have exactly 1111.1 miles on it! Pretty neat huh? It's now parked in my New Hampshire garage for the winter. Only upgrade so far is Borla Exhaust which I love and hate at the same time if that makes any sense. I've only seen a Hertz 06 Shelby on the road, but have seen 2 other GT-500's at a car show.

Mine sits in my parents' garage in Missouri with 456.7 miles. I picked her up on Black Friday (Nov.24th) in Indiana and drove her back to Missouri. I saw a red vert GT500 east bound on I-70 as I was west bound around Terre Haute, IN that day. Other than that, I've seen another red vert in a showroom that sold for $15K over in Houston, MO.

..now, how can your dad and brother have burnout contests with Travis with you keeping track of the miles like that????? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Could you imagine them going side by side down pine street wide open throttle? I actually used to do stuff like that back in the day, against the roadrunner 383s etc back in the early 70s when I had my 442. Never got a ticket either, pure blind luck I guess!

Picked up Oct 16, 975 miles as of now. I have only seen 1 other Gt500 on the road about 2 months ago on a highway going in the opposite direction. There is now one in the showroom of a local dealership and yes it is on ebay.

..now, how can your dad and brother have burnout contests with Travis with you keeping track of the miles like that????? :hysterical2::hysterical2::hysterical2: Could you imagine them going side by side down pine street wide open throttle? I actually used to do stuff like that back in the day, against the roadrunner 383s etc back in the early 70s when I had my 442. Never got a ticket either, pure blind luck I guess!

Don't say that! :drop: My brother actually had a fender bender over on Pine Street 3 years ago when he was 16 in Mom's old Nissan Maxima. We heard he was driving it like he thought he was in a Mustang!

July 27th. 1462 km and parked for the winter. I have seen the owner of the dealerships( came in 2 days before mine and is the same ) a guy 2 blocks over from me has a red/white coup and the one from Ford at the drag strip. Out of the 27 SVT dealers across Canada that are getting 15 each there is about 9 of the dealers around me no more then a 4 hour drive. Should see a lot on the road next spring.

Picked mine up July 21st, just went over 6400 miles. Have never seen another on the road. I know there are probably a dozen within forty miles of my house, just never seen one. Talked to others who oggle mine and almost all say the same thing. Like I say, it's like being a rock star sometimes. Some few knew what my Cobras were, MANY more know what this is.

Picked mine up on November 15th and now have over 1900 miles. I have driven it every day except three. Those three days I didn't feel like getting out because the temp. was below 40 degrees and it has no traction when it is really cold. I am lucky that we have had nice weather. It has been in the 70's all this week, and no rain since I got it.

I will continue to drive it every day that the weather is nice.

Picked mine up on 9/25. I have 3050 miles on her, as of this morning. I have been driving her every day this week. It isn't often we get a week of 50+ degree weather with no precip.

I have seen 2 others. One belongs to MM, the other belongs to Cutter. Not sure if those sightings count, as they were prearranged. I have not seen any out of happenstance. However, I have seen one that is far more rare. It was called a Rufstang, or something like that. :hysterical:

My wife couldn't understand why I was getting all agitated and worked up a few weeks before I picked up my Shelby; she soon understood it was because a silver with tungsten stripes Shelby (very sharp) was passing us, headed the other direction, a mile out of Windsor, CO. I haven't seen it since but am told the owner lives a couple of miles from me. A friend of mine saw a white with blue stripes in Ft. Collins.

Supposed to snow a bit this weekend. . . damn!

CC

Mine came home on August 14th, and I only paid $1,000 over invoice (thanks to a powerlease). I now have 3,200 miles on her. I have seen 2 red 'verts so far. I don't know where these cars are disappearing too! It's a same to jsut stick them in a garage and hope they appreciate! They need to be driven and enjoyed! Happy Holidays to everyone!!

Shelby arrived 11/15/06 at the dealer .......Built date was Aug 30 06 seemed to take for ever to get to my dealer .....Drove it home 11/20/06, and what a drive 568 km of heaven........and now sitting in my garage till spring or as soon as the snow goes.....for those who are still waiting for their car .....relax its hard to do , but it will be worth it , wait till you sit down in that seat and go for your first drive .....very hard to explain.....what a car ..and the power, even stock it's nothing like you can imagine.........so much power across the rpm band .....you will not believe it ......I've seen one other Shelby in town , its at the end of our back alley....Tungsten w/ Silver and black interior .There is one more coming after the NewYear , Grabber Orange and its just down and at the end of the block from my home ...think of it , small town 30 thousand people and there is 3 Shelbys just one and half blocks apart ..... have a great Xmas .....and may your time waiting for your car be short........

post-6677-1166199780_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1166199794_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1166199815_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1166199780_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1166199794_thumb.jpg

post-6677-1166199815_thumb.jpg

Archived