TEAM SHELBY FORUM

SGT Bra installation Instructions?

Orion

I finally got the full bra for my SGT from Shelby, using the cool discount code they sent. But it arrived looking a bit different from the bra I'd been using on my 2005 Mustang. It has straps instead of bungie cords going down the sides of the hood portion, which I use for most freeway driving. And I'm at a loss for how to install the main section, as I never did that with my old one.

Anyone have a copy of the installation instructions?

E-mailed Shelby after I noticed this last week but still no reply...

Would like to have it all covered up for the trip to Barrett-Jackson next month. The road to Vegas is not a friend to the paint job on our front ends!

Thanks!

I finally got the full bra for my SGT from Shelby, using the cool discount code they sent. But it arrived looking a bit different from the bra I'd been using on my 2005 Mustang. It has straps instead of bungie cords going down the sides of the hood portion, which I use for most freeway driving. And I'm at a loss for how to install the main section, as I never did that with my old one.

Anyone have a copy of the installation instructions?

E-mailed Shelby after I noticed this last week but still no reply...

Would like to have it all covered up for the trip to Barrett-Jackson next month. The road to Vegas is not a friend to the paint job on our front ends!

Thanks!

Not sure who else might have one, bras are usually not well thought of here, maybe if you post some pics of the bra and someone may have some ideas. There's a good chance there may not be any instructions for it so pictures might be just the thing for anyone looking to help you.

Actually, there are quite a few SGT owners that have Colgan's front end cover. I don't know who manufactures Shelby's cover, but maybe someone can post their Colgan instructions in case the two covers are similar. I'm away from home right now or I'd post mine.

Actually, there are quite a few SGT owners that have Colgan's front end cover. I don't know who manufactures Shelby's cover, but maybe someone can post their Colgan instructions in case the two covers are similar. I'm away from home right now or I'd post mine.

Gary Disney manufactures the ones for Shelby he also manufactures the leather interior upgrade.

We have the Colgan version. It was available before Shelby offered theirs.

I have not seen the two side by side, but they look very similiar in the photos. However, my Colgan does have a bungie type strap that attaches the hood piece. Once you put it on the first time, it is a snap to do.

I will see if I can find any written instructions.

Jill

here's a pic.

The Shelby one is on the top and the Ford one that fit my 2005 GT (perfectly I might add, with not a scratch in 4 years) is on the bottom. I have a feeling I have to put it on and then tighten the straps... I can't use the GT one on my hood because of the hood pins.

I haven't a clue as to where the hardware (screws, washers and clips) is supposed to be mounted and if I will need to remove the front wheels. I never used that portion of my old one.

post-24985-1252964417_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1252964417_thumb.jpg

For the hood piece - it looks like a "belly" band and a couple of straps that need to be tightened after the hooks are in place (same location as your '05 I assume).

For the front clip piece - are there snaps or something that might tell you where the hardware may need to be installed? The Ford front end cover (sorry, can't bring myself to call it a bra) I bought for my 2001 Mustang GT had snaps on the sides of the main piece that "snapped" to the hardware I installed in the front part of the wheel well. I replaced the philip-head sheet metal screws that held the front bumper fascia to the inner wheel well liner together with screws that came with the kit and the male side of the snaps. Maybe it's the same with the Shelby cover you have?

• 3 weeks later...

well, I finally got time to try and install it with no instructions but it just didn't work out.

The part that covers the hood was easy enough. Just had to tighten up the straps real well. It looks great.

But without instructions there are just too many questions about how to attach all those numerous plastic parts and hooks.

Will send another request to Shelby. Or maybe i should just return it...

Does anyone have a picture of a Colgan cover on a SGT? They say "fog light opening" on their web page and show a GT500, and want to make sure they are selling the correct ones. I assume they don't include instructions either!

post-24985-1254781883_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781891_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781906_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781917_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781883_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781891_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781906_thumb.jpg

post-24985-1254781917_thumb.jpg

well, I finally got time to try and install it with no instructions but it just didn't work out.

The part that covers the hood was easy enough. Just had to tighten up the straps real well. It looks great.

But without instructions there are just too many questions about how to attach all those numerous plastic parts and hooks.

Will send another request to Shelby. Or maybe i should just return it...

Does anyone have a picture of a Colgan cover on a SGT? They say "fog light opening" on their web page and show a GT500, and want to make sure they are selling the correct ones. I assume they don't include instructions either!

We purchased one from Colgan a couple of years ago. At the time we had a California Special which has the same front end as the Shelby GT. Currently I have 2008 Shelby GT Vert and am using the same one from Colgan. The fit is perfect and it does have the cut out's for hood pins. I do not remember if it came with instructions, but it is very simple to take on and off. I will try to locate a picture on my car and send. Jill

I have a Colgan and used it once. The plastic peices for the lower section tha go on the panel by the headlights left marks because they move. Also had marks at the lower fender in front of the wheel opening. You will also get gravel kicked up into the folds from the wheels so make sure you crean the folds on the bottom out real good. All of the hooks go into the grill and the lower valance. Rick

Archived