TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Cool things you've noticed thread

ChrisSD

I was going to do a thread like this ChrisSD - You beat me to it! ;)

Now keep in mind that I'm coming from an "older" car than probably most of you on here. So some of the things that I might have found "cool" or "neat" may be old news to the majority.

1. The mini mudflaps on the rear quarters to protect the paint...the old car took a beating in this area, nice touch.

2. The auto-lock of the doors once the car is put in gear.

3. The two tabs to hold the drivers side mat in place. The old car only had one and the mat was constantly moving around.

4. The increase of the radio volume with increased speed.

5. The near seamless door sills.

6. No gas cap!

7. The antenna on the rear of the car.

8. The interior ambient lighting.

9. The tires with the lip for some protection for the expensive rims we have.

Two observations today:

1. Window slightly vents so you can open and close the door

2. Kona looks purple from an angle. This happened at 5:45pm today when the sun was nearing the horizon.

That was weird the first time I shut the door on my car and the windows moved...I was like...what the heck?

The Grabber Blue color also seems to change vibrancy and hue as well. Sometimes a more pale color then other times it looks like...well, I have no other way to describe it as melted deep blue creamy chocolate! LOL! Either way...I totally love the color. A real pleasure to look at.

1. EVERYBODY gives this car the thumbs up...

2. EVERY Civic with a fart can on the back wants to race you...

3. It LOVES Sunoco Ultra, and runs best on it...

4. Accelerates much better and is more responsive in Sport Mode, than with the Traction Control on...

5. You are more likely to be rear ended in this car, as everyone is trying to catch up with you to take pictures

I luv the shift light and chime,although i usually miss it till i hit the rev limiter.

My Torch changes color in the evening light as well--it almost looks phosphorous.

Was drving on a 2 lane this weekend and closing fast on what looked like a 90s chevy.got close and it was an Impala SS.Stop sign comes up , he stops and gets out of his car--OH OH!!--my Bronx backgotund comes in and I figure Im looking at a hijack deal.Im ready to blast by him,and he shows me a camera--he wants to take a pic.Really wild!!

I luv the shift light and chime,although i usually miss it till i hit the rev limiter.

My Torch changes color in the evening light as well--it almost looks phosphorous.

Was drving on a 2 lane this weekend and closing fast on what looked like a 90s chevy.got close and it was an Impala SS.Stop sign comes up , he stops and gets out of his car--OH OH!!--my Bronx backgotund comes in and I figure Im looking at a hijack deal.Im ready to blast by him,and he shows me a camera--he wants to take a pic.Really wild!!

Did you get out and take off your shirt? Oops...Wrong forum. :unsure:

Stop sign comes up , he stops and gets out of his car--OH OH!!--my Bronx background comes in and I figure I'm looking at a hijack deal. I'm ready to blast by him, and he shows me a camera--he wants to take a pic.Really wild!!

LOL! I had the same thing happen a few times at restaurants. I'm not from the Bronx..but I have the same instincts. I am suspicious of pretty much everyone.

I went today to the dealer to take pics of the rusty rear and check out the progress of my purchased-but-not-taken-home-yet car and guess what.....NO RUST AT ALL (yet) -- it was unbelievable! Since they have the lifts, and are going to have everything pretty much taken apart for my mods, they are going to hook me up and undercoat my would-soon-rust-parts. Thats my first cool thing I have noticed!!!!!

Had my first free oil change at the dealer and went under the lift for a look see...

1) The gas tank is molded around the drive line

2) The drive line, while fairly short, is 2 pieces with a race retainer

3) And the strangest of all, the steering linkage is chrome or at least highly polished. Now why couldn't they do that with the rear axle?

I went today to the dealer to take pics of the rusty rear and check out the progress of my purchased-but-not-taken-home-yet car and guess what.....NO RUST AT ALL (yet) -- it was unbelievable! Since they have the lifts, and are going to have everything pretty much taken apart for my mods, they are going to hook me up and undercoat my would-soon-rust-parts. Thats my first cool thing I have noticed!!!!!

Are you having your complete underside undercoated? I was thinking about getting this done to mine. I had it done to my previous car. The only thing that isn't appealing is the fact that the spray gets EVERYWHERE! Engine bay, fenders, inside the wheels, etc. It'd be nice to know someone that does this so you could really overlook the process.

Sharpie thats great--undercoating may get all over everything,and may only coat the bottom half of the parts.Id see if they could either just paint it with a semi-gloss black frame paint,or just have them spray on a few coats of clear.If they do anything make sure they cover the whole car and tape the cover down and stuff paper in the wheels,so paint/undercoat doesn get thru and hit the paint or the wheels.Congrts on the car

Sharpie thats great--undercoating may get all over everything,and may only coat the bottom half of the parts.Id see if they could either just paint it with a semi-gloss black frame paint,or just have them spray on a few coats of clear.If they do anything make sure they cover the whole car and tape the cover down and stuff paper in the wheels,so paint/undercoat doesn get thru and hit the paint or the wheels.Congrts on the car

Actually, since they were doing all my installs, they removed the rear axle and did all the undercoating. No overspray.............it looks UFB!!!! the way it should have been.!! And they did all the parts on the axle...not the entire car, though.

Archived