TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New GT500KR Owner

kestrel

Greetings,

I just thought I'd hop online and introduce myself. After a lot of wishing, hoping, looking, and dreaming, my wife and I picked up a new 2008 GT500KR on August 29, 2009. We purchased it at a dealer in Phoenix and did I ever enjoy the 3-hour drive home! It's a fantastic car and we are definitely going to have fun with it. While we're going to keep it as nice as physically possible, we are going to drive it on the weekends, to car shows, etc. It's not going to be a garage queen. In fact, we took it to a car show in Tucson yesterday and everyone loved it. Many people had never seen one in person before.

We have a couple of warranty issues we're dealing with already (broken or missing pieces from where it was sitting in the showroom and then driven to Barrett-Jackson in January as a display car), but we're getting those taken care of. I'm actually looking forward to driving back up to Phoenix!!! At least the splitter and hood aren't broken! :)

I'm already looking at sequential tail lights, floor mats, and a console cover. Hopefully the birthday fairy and Santa Claus cooperate this year!

Anyway, here are a couple of photos after its first bath.

I'm looking forward to being part of the forum.

Joe

7321_127867638875_521653875_2554163_1492167_n.jpg

7321_127867643875_521653875_2554164_7336694_n.jpg

7321_127867673875_521653875_2554168_6539369_n.jpg

Greetings,

I just thought I'd hop online and introduce myself. After a lot of wishing, hoping, looking, and dreaming, my wife and I picked up a new 2008 GT500KR on August 29, 2009. We purchased it at a dealer in Phoenix and did I ever enjoy the 3-hour drive home! It's a fantastic car and we are definitely going to have fun with it. While we're going to keep it as nice as physically possible, we are going to drive it on the weekends, to car shows, etc. It's not going to be a garage queen. In fact, we took it to a car show in Tucson yesterday and everyone loved it. Many people had never seen one in person before.

We have a couple of warranty issues we're dealing with already (broken or missing pieces from where it was sitting in the showroom and then driven to Barrett-Jackson in January as a display car), but we're getting those taken care of. I'm actually looking forward to driving back up to Phoenix!!! At least the splitter and hood aren't broken! :)

I'm already looking at sequential tail lights, floor mats, and a console cover. Hopefully the birthday fairy and Santa Claus cooperate this year!

Joe

Very Nice KR! Lots of good info here. Enjoy!

Welcome to Team Shelby Joe! You got yourself a great car there, and may you have many miles of smiles with it. You may encounter some KR pundants here, but ignore those critics and enjoy the car.

Just so you are aware as a new KR owner, there is some very important information about your car that can be obtained here; and one topic about the KR just flaired up and spread like a California wildfire here and throughout the internet just a few days ago.

You have a couple of very specific KR components on your car that no other GT500 has, so you need to have both eyes wide open and learn everything you can about those parts, their costs, as well as the procedures necessary to obtain those specific parts should the need arise in the future.

In light of this recient information, you should also remain extreemly vigilant and take the extra steps necessary to protect your car from theft.

Best wishes to you, and congratulations on the car.

Welcome on board Joe,

You'll find that this site is a wealth of knowledge, but most important, full of really good people!

Did you get it down at Earnhardt Ford, I know they had two there at great prices...

Cheers and have fun

Thanks to everyone for the warm welcome. I can definitely tell there is a lot of good information and nice people here.

To answer the question below, no we didn't get it at Earnhardt. I really wanted a 2008 because of the 40th anniversary badges and both of theirs are/were 2009s. We were able to get a lower price than what Earnhardt is advertising though. According to Earnhardt's website, they do still have one of the 2009s left and it's still listed at $59,995.

Thanks!

Joe

Welcome on board Joe,

You'll find that this site is a wealth of knowledge, but most important, full of really good people!

Did you get it down at Earnhardt Ford, I know they had two there at great prices...

Cheers and have fun

Greetings,

Joe

Welcome and enjoy your new KR. They sure are a blast to drive.

For sure! I actually try to avoid places that even have parking blocks. Fortunately, most of the parking lots around here are wide open. I definitely don't want to break that splitter!

Welcome and congrats on the new wheels! Make sure you make it a practice to back into your parking spots!!!

Some great driving and scenery out there!! I have been trying to relocate to Arizona since I was 16. I hope to move there within the next 24 months. Great place to live IMO!!

For sure! I actually try to avoid places that even have parking blocks. Fortunately, most of the parking lots around here are wide open. I definitely don't want to break that splitter!

We love it out here. The scenery is fantastic and can make for some great drives, that's for sure. Also, we're far enough south that we don't get the heat that Phoenix or even Tucson do.

Good luck on your future move!

Some great driving and scenery out there!! I have been trying to relocate to Arizona since I was 16. I hope to move there within the next 24 months. Great place to live IMO!!

Archived