TEAM SHELBY FORUM

blood type for our babies

1badsho

With about 400 miles on my shelby, I noticed the car is about half a quart down in oil and I am planning on going to a small gathering of Shelby owners saturday night. About a 2 hour drive. So i am topping the oil off and making sure its full.

I had our parts department order a few cases of this oil so that I and the other gentleman who bought the two allocations we got, will have the oil available.

On the back side of the Motorcraft oil it states and I quote "Designed, engineered and redcommended for the use in the Ford Gt and Shelby GT500" Dam ... do these cars keep fine company ! ! :happy feet: :headspin: :banana piano: :hyper:

This is the "B" specification.

Ford part number : XO*5W50*QGT .... and my internal cost was $7.54 ... still not cheap

dond

With about 400 miles on my shelby, I noticed the car is about half a quart down in oil and I am planning on going to a small gathering of Shelby owners saturday night. About a 2 hour drive. So i am topping the oil off and making sure its full.

I had our parts department order a few cases of this oil so that I and the other gentleman who bought the two allocations we got, will have the oil available.

On the back side of the Motorcraft oil it states and I quote "Designed, engineered and redcommended for the use in the Ford Gt and Shelby GT500" Dam ... do these cars keep fine company ! ! :happy feet: :headspin: :banana piano: :hyper:

This is the "B" specification.

Ford part number : XO*5W50*QGT .... and my internal cost was $7.54 ... still not cheap

dond

Is that normal to be down half a quart , with only 400 miles on it ???????

Should it be using that much oil in that little time and mileage...

does'nt sound normal....or is it.!!!!!

When I had my '03 Mach 1 - we went through a major discussion about oil & dipstick readings.

Bottom line seemed to be: change the oil - and add the recommended amount. Check the dipstick and mark the level - regardless of what it read. That's the baseline.

This may be a different issue - just wanted to toss this out there.

Is that normal to be down half a quart , with only 400 miles on it ???????

Should it be using that much oil in that little time and mileage...

does'nt sound normal....or is it.!!!!!

Regarding the 1/2 qt low, It could have been low from the factory ... it might have eaten a little bit which is not totally unusual for a new motor. Once the rings on the motor get seated and the motor has a few more miles .. i dont foresee any issues. I for one am not concerned at this point.

I will moniter it ... and tonight i am going to start the motor .. warm it up .. check the level and add some oil and bring it to the top of the dipstick.

dond

Did you check it when you first got it???

Maybe came from factory like this.

ya ... but real quick .. saw lots of oil on the stick .. so i wasnt worried .. understand i was in tampa at the railyard and wanted to get my baby home !!!

shouldnt be a issue ... if it is .. u will hear !

dond

Archived