TEAM SHELBY FORUM

shelby kicker installed

twicebitten

i just finished up installing the shelby kicker system in the kr. one thing for sure the subs and amp from the shaker 1000 . is really heavy .as far as sound goes sounds awsome. the only question i have does the radio lose some of the functions . for some reason i cannot get the speed volume to work. no big deal ,just curious.

yeah sherry i know you can buy the pieces individually .but i know nothin about verts. btw i was thinkin of going on the shelby cruise but . my wife had accident with bbq pit and got burned really bad. she just now starting going without bandages this past week. i am not to sure about the sun light and the new skin.glad to hear from you .til next time. :shift:

the install took me longer than a pro .i never have taken a s197 apart.you have to go to the passenger front fender and take inside plastic piece out .you take out basically all the trim o the inside out.by all means the kit comes with instructions.its very easy install.the only thing i will need to buy is a trunk liner for a non shaker .

wow, so sorry to hear about your wifey. Hope she heals well with no lasting affects. That is scary and burns are very painful. You 2 need to come down to Starbucks on a Tuesday night to visit with us. Take care :)

http://www.teamshelby.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=46821

Hey twice, best wishes to the wife, and yeah, Im just gonna get the other speakers for now and let kicker take however long on the sub...Ill just leave the shaker 1000 in for now...its good enough for what it does. Im sure they wont ever address the vert problem anyway...I dont think anyone in the car industry does a great job delivering what the consumer asks for. But thats okay too...just accept it and move on... :superhero:

Hope we Texans can all get together sooner or later!

• 1 month later...
How long did it take you to install? Any tips/tricks/secrets you learned in the process? Does the Shaker 500 kit have the trunk mounted sub also?

shaker 500 does not have a sub in the trunk.i did the whole job in about 5or6 hours being i have never worked with this body style of car .so it was all new to me .the instructions were great.i took my time doing the job.

Archived