TEAM SHELBY FORUM

New SC dyno!

I made the drive up to Cameron Park today and got a dyno on my new GT/SC.

I was not dissapointed, but I am a little concerned! It pulled 507HP and 498TQ on 1st and only pull!

I need to work the internals to make this power safe...Keith(?) said I can run a racing fuel mixture and stay safe. Any comments on this? Thanks

th_9-12-09dynoAED.jpg

Dan

edit***BTW, I'm getting around 10-11 lbs of boost. Should I get a larger pulley?

Wow, that is a great number. Is that on the Ford Racing tune?

Yes. That is the supplied tune that Roger et al installed at SAI. According to AED, it is perfect! No need for further pulls.

Ford Racing ProCal II.

I was hoping for 460-470! :)

Dan

Great numbers, I have the same kit on my GT - 511/504.

Here's my cut on the reliability, I have 25K miles on my 2 year old install (my 06 GT has 55k miles total). If mine is going to go boom at this power level, it sure isn't giving me any warning signals. My car runs better than ever - cool, uses no oil, gets 24mpg at 75mph on the highway.

The only thing I would recommend is to have AED install some billet fuel rails for you. The stock sheet metal rails do not flow the best and the crossover line in tiny. I have heard of fuel starvation to the right side cylinders under full boost, causing a lean condition and a melted piston. I went with MMR, they are "D" shaped and flow the best.

Enjoy the ride,

Michael

Dan

Great numbers, I have the same kit on my GT - 511/504.

Here's my cut on the reliability, I have 25K miles on my 2 year old install (my 06 GT has 55k miles total). If mine is going to go boom at this power level, it sure isn't giving me any warning signals. My car runs better than ever - cool, uses no oil, gets 24mpg at 75mph on the highway.

The only thing I would recommend is to have AED install some billet fuel rails for you. The stock sheet metal rails do not flow the best and the crossover line in tiny. I have heard of fuel starvation to the right side cylinders under full boost, causing a lean condition and a melted piston. I went with MMR, they are "D" shaped and flow the best.

Enjoy the ride,

Michael

WOW!!! 511.

I assume you do "occasional" WOT?

What boost do you show? I've seen 10-11, a little nervous.

I thought that the rails were changed out. I'll check my take-offs and return after a poker tourney I'm in.

Thanks for the input Michael

Dan

:hysterical: (unlikely as it seems...) :hysterical:

I checked, the fuel rails ARE stock...

edit*** My parts list shows *Fuel Injectors FORD 4G7Z-9F593-AA (8)

Pottydr knows my reputation proceeds me....

I would look into getting fuel rails, they do not affect the very fine tune we received from Ford.

My peak boost is from 10.5 to 12.5lbs on the dyno.

We should bug Ken Ahmann about organizing a norcal TS get together in Oct.

Michael

Pottydr knows my reputation proceeds me....

I would look into getting fuel rails, they do not affect the very fine tune we received from Ford.

My peak boost is from 10.5 to 12.5lbs on the dyno.

We should bug Ken Ahmann about organizing a norcal TS get together in Oct.

Michael

I will look into the rails...

I'm all for a NorCal get-together. There are some guys from work that get together and do a "cannonball" run a couple times during the summer/fall. If you are interested (It would be great to get another pony involved) I can send you the particulars. The next one will be Oct 3rd. We meet at Concord mall and make the run. There'll be nice cars from Corvettes, Porsche, SRT10 trucks etc... I'm the only Shelby.

Ken? Ken? :jackinbox:

Archived