TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Whats That Noise?

sudden

O.K. I have not had my GT 500 for long and I have noticed that there is a loud shocking noise in the rear under hard acceleration. Is that the rear wheels, or the traction control kicking in. IT made that noise when I had a little power slide and it scared the hell out of me. Any help here? Thanks, SUDDEN.

Thanks OCD, I think I will try to turn that sucker off every time I drive. SUDDEN.

I should have added that you will still get the wheelhop, TC off won't fix that... But it is nowhere near as harsh I find... I am trying to get in the habit of turning it off too, it's kinda dumb anyway... You should have to turn it on not off...

Secondo's right, we need suspension!!

O.K. I have not had my GT 500 for long and I have noticed that there is a loud shocking noise in the rear under hard acceleration. Is that the rear wheels, or the traction control kicking in. IT made that noise when I had a little power slide and it scared the hell out of me. Any help here? Thanks, SUDDEN.

Its wheel hop. Can't say I've ever gunned it with the TC on, but plenty of times with it off and got giant, thunking shocks. Its the rear suspension. I don't get it any more. :-)

Archived