TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Decisions decisions

ballinsoldier

I've been lurking awhile and I must say it's not helping curb my appetite to grab a Shelby...

Anyway, I went to one of my local dealers to have my oil changed on the FX4 and when I was heading out a I took a drive through the lot and something caught my eye. I saw a '08 GT500 sitting there all shiny and inviting. Figured I'd take a look. Apparently, someone just felt the need to trade it in yesterday. It's black with white stripes and have 400 miles on it. They're asking $43,000 for it. I wanted to see how much they wanted since the '10's are out and probably killing the market for the older ones. How much do you guys think that car is worth? He offered to let me drive it but after he went in and copied my license and whatnot he came back with a frown saying someone else had the keys and wouldnt be back until this afternoon. Kinda weird but whatever.

But while I waited I noticed they had a grey '10 with white stripes on the lot too. I must say the '10's look amazing, inside and out and that's probably what I'm leaning toward if I pull the trigger. They had that one stickered for $51k, no ADM or anything. But he did say it had the 'stripe package' which I noticed they charged $400 for. I thought the stripes came with the car and wasn't an option that cost extra? He said some come with it and some dont, but after talking to him for a minute he didn't seem to be an expert on the cars.

I said I'd want to find a black with silver stripes or maybe black with blue and he said he could order one for me. I mentioned that I thought Ford wasn't accepting new orders on those cars but he insisted he could order whatever I wanted, even after going inside and 'checking'.

Thoughts?

No fee for stripes! That is total BS. Also what options are on the car, is it a coupe, vert? And you should NEVER pay over MSRP.! There is no reason for this. As for new orders, when I picked up my car I was surprised to hear my salesman tell my wife that Ford just gave them another allocation. So no the order window is not closed. I got my car for $200 over invoice. Options added, HID, and car cover. $45200 was my price.

I've been lurking awhile and I must say it's not helping curb my appetite to grab a Shelby...

Anyway, I went to one of my local dealers to have my oil changed on the FX4 and when I was heading out a I took a drive through the lot and something caught my eye. I saw a '08 GT500 sitting there all shiny and inviting. Figured I'd take a look. Apparently, someone just felt the need to trade it in yesterday. It's black with white stripes and have 400 miles on it. They're asking $43,000 for it. I wanted to see how much they wanted since the '10's are out and probably killing the market for the older ones. How much do you guys think that car is worth? He offered to let me drive it but after he went in and copied my license and whatnot he came back with a frown saying someone else had the keys and wouldnt be back until this afternoon. Kinda weird but whatever.

But while I waited I noticed they had a grey '10 with white stripes on the lot too. I must say the '10's look amazing, inside and out and that's probably what I'm leaning toward if I pull the trigger. They had that one stickered for $51k, no ADM or anything. But he did say it had the 'stripe package' which I noticed they charged $400 for. I thought the stripes came with the car and wasn't an option that cost extra? He said some come with it and some dont, but after talking to him for a minute he didn't seem to be an expert on the cars.

I said I'd want to find a black with silver stripes or maybe black with blue and he said he could order one for me. I mentioned that I thought Ford wasn't accepting new orders on those cars but he insisted he could order whatever I wanted, even after going inside and 'checking'.

Thoughts?

ballinsoldier you live in tn not ny. sorry my eyes are going.

the car you looked at ,did it have stripes on seats? if it didn`t it was was stripe delete car.

It had white stripes on the seats and was a coupe (The grey 2010).

What do you think about the '08 coupe for $43? Seems way high for me, I may offer $35 to see what they say... I'd really rather a '10 black/blue coupe with nav and HID for around invoice, but that's probably dreaming. Maybe he wasn't making things up when he said he could order one...

Here is what they have on the '08:

http://ps.getauto.com/group/details/129/23...HT88S385103665/

No clue why they don't have the '10 listed in their inventory, he claims to have gotten the '08 yesterday but that could be B.S. I suppose.

EDIT:

Browsing around, I see another dealer in the area have a '08 coupe with 3700 miles for $39k. Looks like there are quite a few used ones around, but that's the cheapest I saw. Also, i saw a couple other dealers with '10's at MSRP, but every one is grey which I find kind of weird.

I will tomorrow. Stuck at fire station today and working from Blackberry today. Besides still have all the plastic and stickers on it. Lol. I am sure people thought I was on as test drive yesterday. Lol

Congrats on getting and keeping your car, Tdusseau! Tremendous news! :happy feet:

What do you think about the '08 coupe for $43? Seems way high for me

Ballinsoldier,

Too right!........I would not even give the remotest consideration to the 08 for $43K. Even in the mid to low 30’s my preference would be for the 2010 hands down.

I would have a go at negotiating the 2010 price to as close to invoice as possible. Some people on this forum have purchased their 2010's for pretty close to that. I personally paid MSRP, but even that is not really a considerable amount more than 43K for what, in my opinion, is a much better looking, higher quality and more complete vehicle. Just look at the two vehicles side by side, and then drive them both.

I would think that if you can afford the 43K, you can afford the 2010 – go on, you only live once!

Regards, Ian

The 08 should be less. What color were the stripes? If they were grey then the stripes were grey. If they were black then it was a stripe delete car.

Roger

It had white stripes on the seats and was a coupe (The grey 2010).

What do you think about the '08 coupe for $43? Seems way high for me, I may offer $35 to see what they say... I'd really rather a '10 black/blue coupe with nav and HID for around invoice, but that's probably dreaming. Maybe he wasn't making things up when he said he could order one...

Here is what they have on the '08:

http://ps.getauto.com/group/details/129/23...HT88S385103665/

No clue why they don't have the '10 listed in their inventory, he claims to have gotten the '08 yesterday but that could be B.S. I suppose.

EDIT:

Browsing around, I see another dealer in the area have a '08 coupe with 3700 miles for $39k. Looks like there are quite a few used ones around, but that's the cheapest I saw. Also, i saw a couple other dealers with '10's at MSRP, but every one is grey which I find kind of weird.

The 08 should be less. What color were the stripes? If they were grey then the stripes were grey. If they were black then it was a stripe delete car.

Roger

Which car/stripes?

The '08 was black with white stripes, and no stripes on the seats (I think, it's getting hazy now).

The '10 was grey with white stripes and white stripes on the seats (I didn't sit in it though). They had a $450 or so option on the sticker for the stripes. Maybe they were light grey instead of white, but at a glance they seemed white to me.

I didn't get to spend much time there as I was in a bit of a hurry.

Which car/stripes?

The '08 was black with white stripes, and no stripes on the seats (I think, it's getting hazy now).

The '10 was grey with white stripes and white stripes on the seats (I didn't sit in it though). They had a $450 or so option on the sticker for the stripes. Maybe they were light grey instead of white, but at a glance they seemed white to me.

The 2010, if it was indeed Sterling Gray, would have Silver stripes (or black) on hood and seats. They sometimes look white at first glance. White is not available on the Gray.

Why any 2010 would have a $450 charge for stripes is confusing. Lets see a pic of that sticker or grab the VIN when you have a minute. Sounds like this dealer may need a beat-down...

Which car/stripes?

The 2010, if it was indeed Sterling Gray, would have Silver stripes (or black) on hood and seats. They sometimes look white at first glance. White is not available on the Gray.

Why any 2010 would have a $450 charge for stripes is confusing. Lets see a pic of that sticker or grab the VIN when you have a minute. Sounds like this dealer may need a beat-down...

The 2010 is the one I was talking about. Can you provide a link to the dealer and we should be able to tell.

Respectfully,

Roger

The 2010 is the one I was talking about. Can you provide a link to the dealer and we should be able to tell.

Respectfully,

Roger

For whatever reason, they don't have the 2010 on their website listed. It's Landers Ford in Collierville, TN, for what it's worth. You may be right about the fact that it was silver and not white though.

For some reason the price of Shelbys are up at the auctions but I would think that the dealer probably owns that one for about 39 or so. I would offer the dealer 40,500 for it. If they don't like that then I would buy the 2010 if you have the budget for it. Your payment might be something like 200 more a month if you buy the new one. But I would hit them with a lower price on the 08 and see if they go for it.

Two low milage examples (3500 miles or below) went for 33 and 35k respectively at auction last week. But Central Florida accounts for 10% of nationwide mustang sales.

Roger

For some reason the price of Shelbys are up at the auctions but I would think that the dealer probably owns that one for about 39 or so. I would offer the dealer 40,500 for it. If they don't like that then I would buy the 2010 if you have the budget for it. Your payment might be something like 200 more a month if you buy the new one. But I would hit them with a lower price on the 08 and see if they go for it.

No fee for stripes! That is total BS. Also what options are on the car, is it a coupe, vert? And you should NEVER pay over MSRP.! There is no reason for this. As for new orders, when I picked up my car I was surprised to hear my salesman tell my wife that Ford just gave them another allocation. So no the order window is not closed. I got my car for $200 over invoice. Options added, HID, and car cover. $45200 was my price.

$200.00 over invoice??? WTF? So far the best I could do was like $1000.00/$1500.00 over invoice. Who is your dealer? I am in for that!!!

$200.00 over invoice??? WTF? So far the best I could do was like $1000.00/$1500.00 over invoice. Who is your dealer? I am in for that!!!

Deal from a friend. I know he has been cleared for another allocation if he wants it. I did not ask what he was going to get for this one. I know he NEVER sells above MSRP.

Deal from a friend. I know he has been cleared for another allocation if he wants it. I did not ask what he was going to get for this one. I know he NEVER sells above MSRP.

If your friend wants to sell another one for around that or even a bit more..get a hold of me immediately. I want to buy one...My goal is to do it Nov/Dec...but, I could move that up to October for that kind of deal..

Archived