TEAM SHELBY FORUM

My new wheels

justindewoody

I'll get more shots of tomorrow in the daylight. It was getting dark so I ran out of time tonight. I'll post em sometime during the day tomorrow. They are 20x8.5 in the front and 20x10 in the back. The tires are Pirelli P-Zero Nero with 255/35/ZR20 in the front and 305/30/ZR20 in the back. I'm super pleased with how it turned out. And MUCH BETTER TRACTION than those shitty stock tires!

I like them.

----------------

Now playing on MediaMonkey: Metallica - My Friend Of Misery

via FoxyTunes

Thanks for the compliment. I really like them too. The spokes are actually wider than they look in the pictures, it's just that the very front of each spoke is machined, and the rest of the spoke is black. You can't see the width of the spokes in the pictures. They are really friggin sweet in person.

I think they look great. Looking at your list of Mods I didn't see any suspension changes? Your new wheels look like they fill the wheel well.

I've been thinking about doing some of the Mods you have listed...pully and tune from evo. Did you run into any problems with installation and are you happy with the route you went?

:rockon:

I think they look great. Looking at your list of Mods I didn't see any suspension changes? Your new wheels look like they fill the wheel well.

I've been thinking about doing some of the Mods you have listed...pully and tune from evo. Did you run into any problems with installation and are you happy with the route you went?

:rockon:

Thanks! I think they look great too! No, I have NOT done any suspension changes...yet. But it does seem like the new wheels and tires fill up the wheel well a bit better. But they are just about exactly the same overall diameter as the stock ones. So, it must just be an optical illusion. As far as the mods, I am VERY, VERY pleased with the results. I did all the work myself and it was not particularly complicated, but it was difficult to get the stock pulley off. You gotta put some serious elbow grease into getting that damn thing off. Other than that, easy squeezy. And the results are SERIOUS power and torque gains. You should look into it.

I paid $1850.00 drive out for these wheels AND tires. I got a really good deal. I have already sold the stock set for quite a bit more than the new ones cost. Sorry, they are already gone. :(

I think those new ones look sweet Justin...

Now you just need to take a new pic and upload into your signature... :beerchug:

Liking em more and more with each pic. Do you get a much better hook up with the tires?

DaFreak

I just took my nephew and brother and sister in law for a ride around the block, and I was just noticing how much better the hook-up is. It's a night and day difference. Those stock tires suck compared to these. Also, I went with a 305/30/20 in the rear. They are a bit wider and they hook up MUCH BETTER.

I think that they do look good on your car,:drool: I can really appreciate the appearance improvement in these pictures that you’ve posted today – it was a bit harder to judge with the pictures that you posted yesterday. I think that the match with your car in particular is helped due to the inset color in the spoke matching the black of your vehicle. A small amount of lowering would cement the appearance solidly in the awesome category! Also, I bet those rear brakes look small now!

Regarding the performance difference, have you noticed any difference in acceleration due to the larger wheels and tyres?

I think that they do look good on your car,:drool: I can really appreciate the appearance improvement in these pictures that you’ve posted today – it was a bit harder to judge with the pictures that you posted yesterday. I think that the match with your car in particular is helped due to the inset color in the spoke matching the black of your vehicle. A small amount of lowering would cement the appearance solidly in the awesome category! Also, I bet those rear brakes look small now!

Regarding the performance difference, have you noticed any difference in acceleration due to the larger wheels and tyres?

I agree with everything you said. I need the Baer brakes (front and rear). The big ones. Also, I am definitely gonna put a suspension package on it. Maybe the FRPP package. As far as acceleration, there's no difference cuz the diameter of the tires is exactly the same as the stock ones.

Archived