TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Used 2010's

mach1fever

Hey Guys,

As you know I am patiently biding my time to buy one of my own. My wife is done with grad school in May. Anyway, I noticed a trend that most people are actually driving their 2010's. There are scores of low mileage 07/08's around. Do you think the same will be said for the 2010's?

Roger

If they kept the production @ 1500 and this was the last year then people would tend to put them away.

I've noticed alot of really low mileage '07. I assume people thought they would be collectable...and with the adm charges who whats to ruin their potential investment. Now knowing that the GT500 is really not a collectable rare car I'm guessing you will see a little more miles on the '10. After saying that, on the other hand, I've had my car since June and it has 400mi..lol. I just work too much, and when I do drive it's a drag race to blockbuster to pick up a movie or Starbucks down the street :shift:

I'm trying to keep a realistic perspective on my car. If you buy a nice SUV or Lexus (insert your typical $40-60G car here) you drive it all the time. Alot of people buy 50G cars to drive on a daily basis. For some reason I've felt that GT500 owners feel like we have something extra special...when really, anybody can buy this car, and people buy in this price range quite frequently. Don't get me wrong, I love my car and am glad to be part of the community. I just try to enjoy my car while I have it....rust and all :beatdeadhorse: :poke:

Why do people buy cars they have no intention of driving? I just don't get it. If you're looking to invest in something, there are a lot better options than a car. Do those people also go out any buy big houses and not live in them or buy a top-of-the-line plasma tv and not watch it?

Can you imagine bringing someone over to your house and showing them you fancy media room and commenting on it by saying, "Yep, I bought that big-screen three years ago and she only has 24 hours of viwing time on her!"

Crazy.

I seem to agree with garagelogics comments on the matter. While I'm not going to beat the heck out of my car...or do a lot of traveling - I sure did not buy the car to try "not" to drive it when I have to...or simply when the feeling to do some cruising. I bought it to bring some enjoyment into my life at times.

To each their own as always however.

My personal situation is this:

I cannot afford a $50,000 toy.

I can afford a $50,000 daily driver.

Maybe it doesn't make sense, but that's the way I looked at it and justified it.

Makes perfect sense. I agree with those about driving their cars. Mine will be a weekend driver with the g8 gt as the daily. I am just hoping there are a few around. I hope resale stays good but on the other hand the cheaper the better for now.

Roger

You too enjoy the ride and chirp some tires for me.

Roger

I bought it to drive it. The only thing that stops me is the weather, bad weather means I drive my ford explorer, unfortunately since I got it the weather in the Northeast has sucked. Monday looks good though. :shift:

Have a good rest of the weekend.

Regards,

Jim

At first I wasn't driving mine....I have an 09...but now I'm like screw it...even drove it today in the rain....lol.....but for me it's not a daily driver....only because my job is a dirty job....and I live in the city....but if I had a clean job and was commuting in the suburbs....it would definitely be a daily driver for me

I already have 3k on mine and have had it since late July. About 1K came from a trip to NC and the rest has been driving to work or shows. My car will most likely get stored for the winter in early November and come back out late March.

Although there are certainly some that kept low milage on their GT500 as they viewed them as collectible (which they aren't), a lot of people simply have low milage because it's not their daily driver plus the fact that most in the northern part of the US and in Canada won't drive the car during the winter at all. I know I wouldn't drive the car in the snow!

Back to the initial question, I'm quite sure that there will be several low milage 2010 for sale at the same time next year, especially if the rumored aluminium block shows up for 2011.

Roger

I known this has been your dream ..... I truly hope its self profilling and you get your car

Don,

Thank you my friend. I think you more than anybody else knows that. It truly is just a matter of time. I guess being 28 the fact that I am going to be to one is what keeps the fire's stoked. I am definately going to make the Horsefarm this year as I am done with school in Feb. (at least for 6 months until I start the Masters Program :))

Respectfully,

Roger

I have a 2007 GT500 Convertible 40th Anniversary (Party of 15 Car) and a 2010 GT500 Coupe - both get driven (not as daily drivers) and that is the value of the car. When we were at the Party of 15 with Carroll Shelby he told us all that the value of our cars would be the stories about driving them and having fun - not the current resale market. Since that time I have had my Vert on the track - even in the rain - and enjoy it even more. I bought the 2010 and am modifying it to make it a track beast!!! So whether you want to polish and admire or drive it hard down the strip or in the corners - JUST HAVE FUN!!!

Archived