TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Wheel Value?

GT500_Grad

I have my stock wheels and tires, and looking to sell them. They have about 700 miles on them and the wheels have some light, swirl, scratches from them sliding around the UPS truck. I have no use for them since I now have the Razors. I'm trying to get a good idea to what to sell them for. The tires and wheels brand new are about $3,200. I figured 1,500-2,000 was a decent price. Would you agree? They would make a nice set of extra wheel or a junk set to keep yours in mint condition.

Take-offs with less than 10 miles were readily available only a short time ago. I purchased a complete set for $999 from Buyfordracing.com on the web. They no longer advertise them as I believe they are sold out.

Tob

I have my stock wheels and tires, and looking to sell them. They have about 700 miles on them and the wheels have some light, swirl, scratches from them sliding around the UPS truck. I have no use for them since I now have the Razors. I'm trying to get a good idea to what to sell them for. The tires and wheels brand new are about $3,200. I figured 1,500-2,000 was a decent price. Would you agree? They would make a nice set of extra wheel or a junk set to keep yours in mint condition.

I just bought a set from Robert that were take offs of the KRs for $799. and there are many avalible in flawless condition, Ken

1. Would you really buy goodyear F1's voluntarily?

2. If you could buy any wheel, would you buy the one that everyone else has, and weighs 34lbs?

Just because an insurance company will pay for $3200, doesn't mean that anyone else will.

Right now I can get a nice set of "extra wheels", brand new, with goodyear F1's, for about $1200, NEW. Rear F1's are $160 on tirerack right now. Show your local goodyear dealer and they'll get on the phone and get you a similar price.

285/40R18 Price: $162.00

Black Deep Dish GT4 Replicas 18x10 $154.00

The "cheap" wheels I got from American Muscle are lighter than what you're selling. The stock wheels/tires are indeed a "junk set".

Sorry to have to break the news to you. I wish Ford picked some better tires for stock, but then some wanker would complain that the stock tires only last 5000 miles. They have to over-engineer the wheels (read "heavy") to avoid lawsuits, and I can forgive them for that.

Sorry to have to break the news to you. I wish Ford picked some better tires for stock, but then some wanker would complain that the stock tires only last 5000 miles. They have to over-engineer the wheels (read "heavy") to avoid lawsuits, and I can forgive them for that.

Have to disagree with you about the F1's (but agree with you about the wheels themselves). I picked up the GT500 wheels and tires when SAI supercharged my car. The first time on the track (road course) I was figuring I would just rip them to shreds and then move on to something else. They have turned out to be the best street tires I have ever had on a track. I thought it was just me so I have had a good bunch of instructors drive the car and they have agreed (these are guys I know who would enjoy telling me the tires stink, trust me).

What has been your experience with the F1's that leads to your poor opinioin of them? I learn a lot from others who have torture tested things like tires. Thanks in advance.

Jim

Have to disagree with you about the F1's (but agree with you about the wheels themselves). I picked up the GT500 wheels and tires when SAI supercharged my car. The first time on the track (road course) I was figuring I would just rip them to shreds and then move on to something else. They have turned out to be the best street tires I have ever had on a track. I thought it was just me so I have had a good bunch of instructors drive the car and they have agreed (these are guys I know who would enjoy telling me the tires stink, trust me).

What has been your experience with the F1's that leads to your poor opinioin of them? I learn a lot from others who have torture tested things like tires. Thanks in advance.

Jim

The 285/40R18's are a compromise between the drag market, who want high sidewall, and the road race, who want better cornering. You say the F1's are a good tire. Have you run RA1's, R888's, PS2s, 555RII's, or any other street tire. For road race, there are a lot of tires that are street legal, and way better. For those who want to drag, there are MT's, M&H's, 555R's, etc that are way better. Like the wheel, the tire is a compromise. Is your only experience road racing with F1's? Since I'm a total newbie, I cannot offer you personal experience of having tested F1's vs PS2, Sport Cups, R888's etc. But I'm willing to bet that Ken and Van don't run F1's.

James

Archived