TEAM SHELBY FORUM

where to buy fake honeycomb inserts

I am doing a brake duct modification and want to know where to buy the two fake honeycomb inserts that are located on either side of the lower grill opening.

Thanks

John

Ford dealers parts department have them. The are the same as a California Special. I had to replace one of mine once.

What...No Dremel tool in your tool box? Carve out what you own, gotta be cheaper.

Happy motoring, gents.

Mac - Good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you and your family. One thing I have learned in the month of August, the worst month my family has ever known, is that you only live once and if you do it right once is all you need.

Swede

Mac - Good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you and your family. One thing I have learned in the month of August, the worst month my family has ever known, is that you only live once and if you do it right once is all you need. Swede

Could not have said it better myself!

What...No Dremel tool in your tool box? Carve out what you own, gotta be cheaper.

Happy motoring, gents.

Mac, I hear ya.

I just installed the Quantum Motorsports brake ducts and what this will allow you to do is to pull off the honeycombed piece with the 3" hole and put the non modified honeycomb piece in when you aren't on the track. If you worry about leaving the brake ducts open all the time then this is a possible solution. Yes, I do have a couple of pictures I will download soon.

Mac - Good to hear from you again. I hope all is well with you and your family. One thing I have learned in the month of August, the worst month my family has ever known, is that you only live once and if you do it right once is all you need.

Swede

I miss you SWEDE!!!!! :drool:

If you worry about leaving the brake ducts open all the time then this is a possible solution. Yes, I do have a couple of pictures I will download soon.

I'd love to see the photos, please.

Just out of curiosity, what are your concerns with having uncovered brake duct inlets?

I've had the Agent 47 scoops in place for a bit now with no untoward effects. Well...maybe they do tend to suck you in a bit closer to parking stall front barriers :cry:

SGTMeshHeadON.jpg

Archived