TEAM SHELBY FORUM

What Tha'

denohew

I read about everybody having problems with there paint, grinding of gears and actually regreting buying a GT 500. My car was not perfect when I took delivery, but nothing was detrimental. I plan to drive my car, not store it or to put it in a museum. I have none of the above issues. My dealer would make it right though. I did find a fingernail size scuff on my right front rim after reading all of the complaints here. I will not lose any sleep over it. One of the posts here had a pretty good case of a paint problem. Just take it in and get it fixed under warranty. We are talking about Mustang's here not supercars but $ 50,000 Mustangs. I know that it is a ton of money for a Mustang.I am going to cut Ford a little bit of slack. They are shipped by rail and then by convoy truck. As a former owner of a Ford dealearship I feel your pain but just take it in and they should make it right! Now I did own a GT Ford and that car was shipped on a covered delivery truck. Maybe Ford should invest a little money on the GT 500. As far as vibrations or grinding gears or buying oil separating units,that would lie directly on Ford. I will take mine in for routine maintanence. Ford will have to fix it! I plan to buy a 2011. My dealer rocks. I have a pretty good relationship with them. Sorry for all your problems but just think about how bad I really could be. denohew P.S. I do doughnuts and burn out and drive the shit out of my Shelby. That is what they make them for!

I hear ya. I started getting buyers remorse after reading about all the issues here, but when it really comes down to it, I'm just buying the car to have fun with it, rusty axle and all. At one point I started going over my Porsche 997 Turbo to see if it had any flaws, and although the 6-speed is butter smooth and the paint impeccable, it was more than twice the price of the GT500. Also, the Porshe underside is covered in panels so you really can't see anything, so who knows, maybe it's rusty under there. If I look back to my Z06 Vette, I recall many issues. The fiberglass body had spots on it that were imbedded in the paint and the 6-speed would grind occasionally. That car was also more than the GT500, but more comparable. Ford can only do so much and keep the car in the $50k price range. I'll take the super car performance with some issues here and there over the alternative, a much higher price and perfection.

I called Ford CS and they told me that my GT500 Vert is with Holloway Trucking and should be at the dealer within a week. I'm back to being excited about it. :happy feet:

Thanks for the post denohew. I haven't noticed any of these flaws on my car but they may be there, I decided I just want to drive it. Lucky for me my brother in law used to own a body shop (and still does some work out of a small shop) and he will take care of the rusty axle for me.

It is raining today so no shelby :cry:

but tomorrow is another day. :shift:

Have a good weekend everyone and enjoy these cars that is the real value of them!

Regards,

Jim

There are a lot of fantastic things about this car. I love mine but Ford was sloppy during the build and delivery process on some of our cars. We are just trying to get some issues address. Nothing wrong with trying to get what you paid for.

Well I escaped the front bumper paint problem, and my axel is just starting to rust so no big deal just going to clean it then rattle can some rust olium black paint and let it be.

I do however have a stripe issue. The stripe on the truck lid, spoiler, and bumper cover are not straight. Now I can deal with some things but when the stripe on the spoiler is 1/2 inch from the end and the other is 1/8th inch....yeah that is a problem. and the black between the two stripes on the rear bumper cover looks like a "V".... :headscratch:

I guess my stripe guy had one to many beers at lunch.... :hysterical:

Hmm...that's a new one with the stripe issue, Tdusseau. I was under the impression that they were put on the car with the guidance of lasers to assure straightness, etc. Well, at least it is a fixable cosmetic issue...though I know it's a pain to have to take it back to the dealer for it.

Well I escaped the front bumper paint problem, and my axel is just starting to rust so no big deal just going to clean it then rattle can some rust olium black paint and let it be.

I do however have a stripe issue. The stripe on the truck lid, spoiler, and bumper cover are not straight. Now I can deal with some things but when the stripe on the spoiler is 1/2 inch from the end and the other is 1/8th inch....yeah that is a problem. and the black between the two stripes on the rear bumper cover looks like a "V".... :headscratch:

I guess my stripe guy had one to many beers at lunch.... :hysterical:

Todd are you sure you didnt have too many beers.BTW,spray on rust inhibitor before you paint--make sure its not water based.Let it dry overnight

Archived