TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Bolt in Roll Bar for GLHS (Omni)

168glhs1986

Steve (or anyone),

How did the roll bar's attach back in the late 80's? Were they just bolted to the rear passenger foot wells AND by the rear seat belt retractor (if 4 point bar)?

If anyone has a picture of the attachment locations of a vintage roll bar in an Omni that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Mike

Steve (or anyone),

How did the roll bar's attach back in the late 80's? Were they just bolted to the rear passenger foot wells AND by the rear seat belt retractor (if 4 point bar)?

If anyone has a picture of the attachment locations of a vintage roll bar in an Omni that would be helpful.

Thanks.

Mike

Milke

I just had my rollbar out of the attic yesterday. I have a pic of it unassembled that I'll post later.

They were bolted thru the floor at six spots. Two up front. Two in the rear seat floor and two in the hatch area.

Steve

Thanks Steve. The roll bar I ordered from Auto-Power, doesn't have the same rear braces as yours does. Mine are straight supports that attach right in front of the rear seat belt carrier. The problem is...I can only get one bolt through on each of the rear plates due to the "boxed" shape of the rocker panel below. I have a feeling, with your setup, it's different.

Thanks Steve. The roll bar I ordered from Auto-Power, doesn't have the same rear braces as yours does. Mine are straight supports that attach right in front of the rear seat belt carrier. The problem is...I can only get one bolt through on each of the rear plates due to the "boxed" shape of the rocker panel below. I have a feeling, with your setup, it's different.

Yeah the one I have is more of a "cage" where the one you have sounds like the "hoop" version.

If you're having problems with the install you can always contact AutoPower's customer service department.

Steve

Archived