TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Owner's Manual Update

Goats4ever

I don't have any paperwork, but I can explain how I adjusted mine..................

I first measured the current height at all four corners, fender lip to concrete. Then I put the car on a lift and worked on one end at a time. I removed the front tires and with the suspension extended so the spring tension is minimized I loosened the lock ring below the adjuster and used the Eibach tool (which was provided with my car) to rotate the adjuster ring. After setting the car back down and rolling it so that the suspension was at its normal height, I measured the height and would have re-adjusted as needed, but I just happen to hit it right the first time. Be sure to tighten the lock ring against the adjuster once the desired height is achieved.

Then I again lifted the car, and while the rear suspension was extended I loosened each lock ring below the adjuster at the bottom of each rear coil spring and lower the adjusting ring which lowered the spring/car body. As with the front, be sure to tighten the lock ring against the adjuster once all adjustments are completed.

R

Thanks Robert. Now to find the elusive (read I don't have one) Eibach adjuster tool. Someday I'm gonna need one.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thanks Robert. Now to find the elusive (read I don't have one) Eibach adjuster tool. Someday I'm gonna need one.

If I get a chance this weekend I will uncover the car and get the tool out of the console. It is in its original plastic bag with the Eibach part number. That will help you find the right tool.

R

• 1 month later...

Okay, I'll give this approach a try...

Dear Santa,

I've been pretty good this year, so I'm hoping there's a chance that I'll finally get the Owner's Manual for my 2008 Super Snake...

Hey, it's worth a shot.

+ 1

Okay, I'll give this approach a try...

Dear Santa,

I've been pretty good this year, so I'm hoping there's a chance that I'll finally get the Owner's Manual for my 2008 Super Snake...

Hey, it's worth a shot.

If not for Christmas... by New Years day.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I guess we are just supposed to forget about this and move on??? There are many things that I love about Shelby, but this is NOT one of them! Has anyone ever called Shelby to ask about this? I haven't, but wonder if we would even get an answer if we tried.

The answer I got was that there is nobody at Shelby specifically dedicated to putting this manual together, so it is done during any spare time that can be had (which is not a lot). On top of that, parts and vendors are constantly changing on our cars. For example SAI is no longer using Baer as the supplier for the brakes on the SuperSnake any longer. I'm not making excuses for anyone here, just trying to make sense of the long wait. I would like a manual as much as anyone else, but until there is someone at Shelby appointed to strictly put this manual together we could be waiting a lot longer since it is not a top priority.

The answer I got was that there is nobody at Shelby specifically dedicated to putting this manual together, so it is done during any spare time that can be had (which is not a lot). On top of that, parts and vendors are constantly changing on our cars. For example SAI is no longer using Baer as the supplier for the brakes on the SuperSnake any longer. I'm not making excuses for anyone here, just trying to make sense of the long wait. I would like a manual as much as anyone else, but until there is someone at Shelby appointed to strictly put this manual together we could be waiting a lot longer since it is not a top priority.

This makes sense and why the manual should be electronic...part of the web site. Easy to post and update. Hell, it could be a sticky on SS

forum page. I think the question coming to mind after so long a wait is not why they haven't produced it but rather why they may not want to.

• 2 months later...

Roger :superhero: and I have discussed the plan to submit our data for the Owner's Manuals (OM). :happy feet:

Roger wants one point of contact (he gets a zillion messages and phone calls per day) so send all recommendations by 30 September to my e-mail address: Goats4ever@comcast.net :mail: . Please ensure you identify your type of car at the beginning of your e-mail. I will file into seperate folders and when all data is gathered I will send each file to Roger. If you have any suggestions once the deadline has passed, please send to me and I will forward to Roger.

Roger is taking our request very seriously and wants to produce a high quality product; he already has a stack of manuals sitting on his desk that the Detroit engineers will study to produce the final product. The final configuration may be a hard copy manual or a PDF file. The OM may be a seperate manual covering your specific application or an all emcompassing manual that covers all of our particular cars.

He wants SS owners that have had their cars for quite some time to give as much data as possible.

Roger said the task will take some time so please be patient. He will keep us updated via this thread.

Thanks from all us of Roger for taking action!

Thank you,

Jim :salute:

08SS0215

Vista Blue, 725 HP, 427 NASCAR Package, Cooling Package

I don't know whether to just laugh really hard or get extremely angry when I notice that the original post for this item was in September of 2009! I love the line "Thanks from all of us Roger for taking action!" It seems like the original post should be edited to read "thanks for what???". If you NEVER plan to deliver on a promise, don't make it! That's customer service 101 course material. I think we've all been ridiculously patient, but I'm past that point now. I've simply given up on the idea and filed it in my brain under the "silly joke that was once talked about" column.

Archived