TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Owner's Manual Update

Goats4ever

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Roger has assured me that the manual, albeit is taking time, will be top notch. I would rather have a superior product that takes more time to produce, than a half baked solution; Roger is the guy who will make it happen; he has given us his word. That's good enough for me.

I'm not questioning the capabilities or integrity of Roger or anyone else at SAI; just can't figure out why it takes this long to get it done. This was first mentioned in 2009. As I check my calendar today, we're closing in on 2011. If nothing else, an update from Roger or someone involved in making this happen would be appreciated.

[

Roger,

Just a hello and would like to add if the data book will include when s/c bearings should be serviced/replaced.

Looking forward to chatting again and hope your Christmas is great.

Regards, Randal.

I'm not questioning the capabilities or integrity of Roger or anyone else at SAI; just can't figure out why it takes this long to get it done. This was first mentioned in 2009. As I check my calendar today, we're closing in on 2011. If nothing else, an update from Roger or someone involved in making this happen would be appreciated.

Just to add, Yes it is taking long, but do not forget that Roger has alot more projects he is working on and I have confidence in Roger that the manual will be worth the wait....

Thank you for your patience,

Alexandros

Know it's been awhile..........too many hats, not enough time.

We do have all of the material for specifics on the parts and available service recommendations for the builds. I have a large stack of manuals from all the vendors. Just not enough time.

Please remember when this project started we had many more employees than today. I have not forgotten this or its importance.

There are no printed recommendations on bearing replacement on the supercharges/all used. This would need to be researched with each manufacture.

Supercharger fluid is recommend to be changed every 12,000 miles.

Only one of me gang. I have it sorted, need to find a week or two to put this together then organize and create a PDF and hard copy print booklet.

Roger

We do have all of the material for specifics on the parts and available service recommendations for the builds. I have a large stack of manuals from all the vendors. Just not enough time.

Please remember when this project started we had many more employees than today. I have not forgotten this or its importance.

There are no printed recommendations on bearing replacement on the supercharges/all used. This would need to be researched with each manufacture.

Only one of me gang. I have it sorted, need to find a week or two to put this together then organize and create a PDF and hard copy print booklet.

Roger

Roger,

Thank you for the update.....:)

Alexandros

Roger

Thanks for the update Roger. Your hard work and dedication are appreciated.

<SNIP>

Roger,

I think there has been a mistake here. Add a zero to that number and you'll be closer....

According to the factory service manual, the stock/OEM Eaton supercharger has a "lifetime" oil change interval. In other words, you NEVER change the oil in them (the OE SC is not serviceable).

Knowing that, when I saw your "12,000 mile" oil change interval statement for (I'm assuming) aftermarket superchargers, it seemed excessive. So I pulled out my FRPP/Whipple 2.9L supercharger instruction manual (rev: Aug. 19, 2010) to check what Whipple recomends:

On page 25 of 35, mid-way down the page it states:

"Change SC oil ever 100,000 miles and only use WHIPPLE SC OIL OR FORD XL-4 OIL ONLY!!"

HTH,

Phill Pollard

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

I talked with Kenne Bell today. The oil in the super chargers need changing every 15,000 miles. I also found out the Castrol makes Ford 5-50 oil and it can be purchased at O'Riley Auto Parts.

I talked with Kenne Bell today. The oil in the super chargers need changing every 15,000 miles. I also found out the Castrol makes Ford 5-50 oil and it can be purchased at O'Riley Auto Parts.

Thanks for the info...............I'll add this to my manual.

• 3 weeks later...

Thanks for the info...............I'll add this to my manual.

I respect the time an effort required to create an owner's manual, but I think many of us need the information more than the book itself.

Can we just get links to web and pdf documentation for the installation and maintenance items for the different parts installed on our cars?

I was recently informed by a very reliable source that the Owner's manual will be released right after the build numbers for the 40th Anniversary edition. This will happen before the end of the world, since it didn't happen yesterday.

Wonderful idea. Great for increased documentation. I had my ss in for a 25m service. But, is there a differentiation for GT/GT500/SS proper servicing? I asked the question at a Ford dealership and they said not really. Should a Ford mechanic be trained specifically for servicing Shelby cars as part of his/her knowledge base? More Ford service center interaction to follow!

ceswert

2007 ss073/nascar049, 22m miles. Totally stock with exception of strut tower brace ordered from Shelby Automotive.

• 2 weeks later...

Roger

I know you are overloaded, but it is now June, 2011. Can you give a latest update of when of if this manual will be updated? In the meantime, is changing the blower fluid by 12k miles the only real thing to worry about. I am approaching that number since my conversion and are there other service things to be focused on?? Thanx for all you do but do wish this could get completed!! How can you get some help?!?!

• 1 month later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Any one have information about adjusting the Shelby/Eibach suspension?

I don't have any paperwork, but I can explain how I adjusted mine..................

I first measured the current height at all four corners, fender lip to concrete. Then I put the car on a lift and worked on one end at a time. I removed the front tires and with the suspension extended so the spring tension is minimized I loosened the lock ring below the adjuster and used the Eibach tool (which was provided with my car) to rotate the adjuster ring. After setting the car back down and rolling it so that the suspension was at its normal height, I measured the height and would have re-adjusted as needed, but I just happen to hit it right the first time. Be sure to tighten the lock ring against the adjuster once the desired height is achieved.

Then I again lifted the car, and while the rear suspension was extended I loosened each lock ring below the adjuster at the bottom of each rear coil spring and lower the adjusting ring which lowered the spring/car body. As with the front, be sure to tighten the lock ring against the adjuster once all adjustments are completed.

R

Archived