TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Owner's Manual Update

Goats4ever

whatever method makes it quicker works best for me

+1. Book, CD, PDF or Photo Copy.

I just would love to have the (technical/maintenance) information for all the products involved in the SS upgrade.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I am also interested in a book if they become available.

FWIW - The Cobra R's or at least two of them came with information specific to their unique build, the "1995 1/2 Cobra R Addendum to the Owners Guide" and "2000 Cobra R Owners Guide Supplement". They were not majorly involved, but they did list maint. and capacities that were specific to the Cobra R's (1995 and 2000). It is a nice item in addition to the regular production items outlined in the owners manual that originally comes with each car.

1995 Cobra R, a couple of the pages..................

Picture1725-4.jpg

Picture1726-2.jpg

Picture1727-1.jpg

2000 Cobra R a few of the pages including the list of contributing companies to the 2000 Cobra R project.........................

Picture1725-5.jpg

Picture1726-3.jpg

Picture1727-2.jpg

Picture1728-1.jpg

Picture1729-1.jpg

Picture1730-1.jpg

and there are a couple more pages that I did not copy and paste out of each of the addendums, they are not a "book", but instead more of a soft owners manual size multi-page supplement that outlines the specifics of each car. If anything the 2000 Cobra R Supplement would be the "book", but it is more of a stapled multi-page pamphlet.

R

I am also interested in a book if they become available.

FWIW - The Cobra R's or at least two of them came with information specific to their unique build, the "1995 1/2 Cobra R Addendum to the Owners Guide" and "2000 Cobra R Owners Guide Supplement". They were not majorly involved, but they did list maint. and capacities that were specific to the Cobra R's (1995 and 2000). It is a nice item in addition to the regular production items outlined in the owners manual that originally comes with each car.

1995 Cobra R, a couple of the pages..................

Picture1725-4.jpg

Picture1726-2.jpg

Picture1727-1.jpg

2000 Cobra R a few of the pages including the list of contributing companies to the 2000 Cobra R project.........................

Picture1725-5.jpg

Picture1726-3.jpg

Picture1727-2.jpg

Picture1728-1.jpg

Picture1729-1.jpg

Picture1730-1.jpg

and there are a couple more pages that I did not copy and paste out of each of the addendums, they are not a "book", but instead more of a soft owners manual size multi-page supplement that outlines the specifics of each car. If anything the 2000 Cobra R Supplement would be the "book", but it is more of a stapled multi-page pamphlet.

R

I'm sold on the book as first choice; your manual would be an excellent format for SAI for all of the SS conversion cars. Thx for the pics and info.

Jim

• 1 month later...

Roger,

Any update on the manual would be much appreciated.

It was mentioned on a thread that the SVT dash light that illuminates and makes a buzzing noise for recommended shift points was set at the factory for the stock GT500. One of the forum members said that the SAI techs may have readjusted the shift points for both HP Snake pacakges. Can you confirm this?

Thx,

Jim

Roger,

Any update on the manual would be much appreciated.

It was mentioned on a thread that the SVT dash light that illuminates and makes a buzzing noise for recommended shift points was set at the factory for the stock GT500. One of the forum members said that the SAI techs may have readjusted the shift points for both HP Snake pacakges. Can you confirm this?

Thx,

Jim

Jim - I came across this in the 2007 Shelby Annual............................

Picture1731-2.jpg

R

Jim - I came across this in the 2007 Shelby Annual............................

Picture1731-2.jpg

R

Robert, can you explain more please? It was difficult to determine what the manuals are. Are the Techs given these items for Super Snaking our cars?

Thx,

Jim

Robert, can you explain more please? It was difficult to determine what the manuals are. Are the Techs given these items for Super Snaking our cars?

Thx,

Jim

No, nothing to do with the Super Snake, but it shows that in the past, Mustangs that have pasted through SAI (the Shelby GT in this case) have had an Owners Manual Supplement (again in this case Shelby GT specific) added to the owners documentation/information.

It has been done in the past.

R

No, nothing to do with the Super Snake, but it shows that in the past, Mustangs that have pasted through SAI (the Shelby GT in this case) have had an Owners Manual Supplement (again in this case Shelby GT specific) added to the owners documentation/information.

It has been done in the past.

R

Robert,

Again, thanks for this valuable information. Then it is only a matter of time for SAI to publish Super Snake manuals for all models.

Jim

Robert,

Again, thanks for this valuable information. Then it is only a matter of time for SAI to publish Super Snake manuals for all models.

Jim

The one thing that seems like it may be different, is that this Shelby GT owners supplement seems that it was included with the Shelby Mustang when it was delivered to the new owner/buyer.

R

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Responded on another thread last week. Did not post here. Should have. All of the technical information was collected, torque specs. listed with our production team. I just have not had the time to get this done. I am piece mealing this as I have spare time. Not much of that lately. Have not forgot but other items are just the priority right now. Wish I could just knock this out but have not had the quality time to do this right.

Wish I had a time frame for you but it is not fair to over promise.

Roger

Responded on another thread last week. Did not post here. Should have. All of the technical information was collected, torque specs. listed with our production team. I just have not had the time to get this done. I am piece mealing this as I have spare time. Not much of that lately. Have not forgot but other items are just the priority right now. Wish I could just knock this out but have not had the quality time to do this right.

Roger

Thanks for the info Roger.

Here is *my* opinion on that thread:

The SVT shift light and shift tone are *Factory* OEM features and as such, they should be included in the FACTORY or SVT (for GT500) owners manual, *NOT* the Shelby Super Snake addemdum. It was stated by a Shelby employee that in fact, the SS builder does *not* "reset" the SVT shift points (light and/or tone). That is set by the individual vehicle owner (I know I've set mine on different occasions!).

I don't know about previous years ('09 & ealier) but I know for *fact* that the information needed to set the SVT light on my 2010 GT500 is indeed provided in my owners manual. I'd have to double check but I *think* it's in the GT500 supplement (does a standard Mustang have it? No, I don't think so therefore it would be SVT specific).

I've paid attention to this thread becasue having been a professional Tech for most of my life and ALL of my adult life, I am VERY familiar with Tech Manuals.

Truth be told, I have seen some pretty ridiculous suggestions from people on what they think should be included in the SUPER SNAKE supplement.

It is this person's opinion that the ONLY information that should be in the Super Snake supplement is information on the upgrades or additions that Shelby includes with their Super Snake upgrade.

And so as not to have 5 different manuals for the varying levels of Super Snakes (HP, Brake options, SC options, etc.) I suggest that Shelby makes ONE "Master Supplement" that covers ALL upgrade options with the standard disclaimer something like, "Your Shelby Super Snake (may or) may not have some (or "all") of the items featured in this supplement."

That also is a sales opportunity for Shelby. When "John Doe" gets his SS home and reads his supplement, then sees those "COOL Baer 6P Rear Brakes" in his manual, he may be inclined to get a set added in the future when he has a few extra bucks to spend...or a Christmas present from his wife (I know *I* get "presents" like that).

Point is, not only do the customers need the information (FRPP shock and sway bar settings, for example) but Shelby can also use it as a sales incentive for their "optional equipment" they offer.

I don't know, maybe that's just me.......

I know it IS just my opinion,

Phill

PS: Just in case, for legal reasons, since I am not sure who has legal rights to the information posted on this forum:

I, Phillip Roy Pollard do hereby give Shelby American all legal rights to any intellecial property I have submitted in this article. Shelby Americal has my permission to publish anything I have written or suggested and I hereby give up any legal rights I may (or may not) have to this information.

Roger

Roger,

Thank you for your honesty.....

That is being professional...:)

Alexandros

Roger,

Thank you for your honesty.....

That is being professional...:)

Alexandros

Ditto.

I could not agree more. I'd rather hear the truth that hurts than the BS that harms.

Phill

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Roger has assured me that the manual, albeit is taking time, will be top notch. I would rather have a superior product that takes more time to produce, than a half baked solution; Roger is the guy who will make it happen; he has given us his word. That's good enough for me.

Roger has assured me that the manual, albeit is taking time, will be top notch. I would rather have a superior product that takes more time to produce, than a hlf baked solution; Roger is the guy who will make it happen; he has given us his word. That's good enough for me.

I'll second that!

Roger has assured me that the manual, albeit is taking time, will be top notch. I would rather have a superior product that takes more time to produce, than a hlf baked solution; Roger is the guy who will make it happen; he has given us his word. That's good enough for me.

I'll third that.

Archived