TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Owner's Manual Update

Goats4ever

• 2 months later...
  • Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply

update??????????????????????????????

Expected publish date?????????????????????????????????

Sorry for the late entry; I've had some major health issues the past two months. The OM draft I am working on is almost done and will send to SAI this week. According to Roger, the data will be sent to an engineer in Detroit who will design and complete the OM.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Ladies and Gents,

Sorry this took so long to submit to Roger, but health issues had me down for over four months; almost lost my job and everything else I owned. But, God took care of me and brought me back to about 90% now, so life is good.

Roger has eight pages of documentation for the SS and 40th Anniversary Owner's Manuals. I suggested that all special edition Shelby cars from SAI should come with owner's manuals since the cars are technically challenging even for the most astute mechanically minded individual.

I asked Roger to keep us updated through this thread. I have no idea how long it will take for the assigned Engineer to compile, submit for approval thorugh the Shelby chain of management, print, and send to owners.

Thanks to all.

Semper Fi, :salute:

Jim

• 5 weeks later...

Any update??? Sure would be nice to have this soon.

I hear you loud and clear. I'll have to canvas Roger; he has the document. We discussed sending all the data to an Ford engineer in Detroit who would compile all the data and produce an owner's manual.

I'll see what Roger has to say.

I hear you loud and clear. I'll have to canvas Roger; he has the document. We discussed sending all the data to an Ford engineer in Detroit who would compile all the data and produce an owner's manual.

I'll see what Roger has to say.

:happy feet:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Bump

Update please

Talked to Roger today and he said they are streamlining the company. There are fewer engineers working on the Super Snake Manuel, so it may take longer if they get to finish it. If worst comes to worst maybe SAI will email the information they have compiled to each Super Snake owner. Also got some information on an automatic version of the GT350, Think this would best for my wife. Thanks Roger.

Guy F.

I have attempted numerous times to contact Roger and no response. Not sure what is going on at SAI since Amy Bolin resigned. Any suggestions what to do?

Thx,

Jim

Unfortunately, if your money has been paid, you already have your Super Snake ... honestly, where is the motivation for SAI to complete this.

However, if someone would do this outside of SAI, and sell it ... well, I am sure it would sell there would be plenty of buyers.

This is such a great idea, wonder why this was such an after thought by the SS owners.

Just an update. We have assembled all of the data and then some. It becomes a matter of placing into a chronological order and writing a manual. With the right-sizing our person on the ground is no longer here. We do have a suggestion out there to place all of our information in book format.

How would you feel of we could get this done?

Roger

Just an update. We have assembled all of the data and then some. It becomes a matter of placing into a chronological order and writing a manual. With the right-sizing our person on the ground is no longer here. We do have a suggestion out there to place all of our information in book format.

Roger

Roger, Thnx for the update. I would take the book over nothing(no brainer). Is a procedure writer all you need at this point or is there technical content still needed?

Thnx again for the update.

BJ

Roger

Roger,

A book format would be ok, what are the chances of a CD? Eather way would be great.

Do you know if or what the cost would be?

Thanks

Guy F.

Roger

Book format works for me.

Roger

Thanks for the update Roger.

Book or CD would work; I think most of us would take any format. Since the manual will be typed into a computer, make it simple and transfer the data to CDs. Owners can then print out a manual on their own. CDs would probably be less expensive as well for Shelby to produce.

As far as cost? I don't think owner's should pay for this. I have over $100K in my SS with all the options SAI installed, so I think the profit Shelby has made from customers should be sufficient for us to recieve our manuals free just as a new customer will recieve a manual as part of their package.

Owners came up with the idea of the subject manual, and this idea will enhance the Shelby name. As all of us are dedicated Shelby customers, it would ge a nice gesture of gratification for Shelby to send manuals to owners who have already spent large sums of money.

I believe a detailed owner's manual will attract more buyers. Being able to read the highly detailed technical aspects of this super Muscle car prior to buying an SS or other package by a potential customer will be evermore convincing to invest your money into a great iconic car with the Shelby namesake.

Jim

Roger

whatever method makes it quicker works best for me

Archived