TEAM SHELBY FORUM

How many 07-09 spots are left?

So with the 2010 out and being able to be snaked, is SAI going to stop takeing orders on the 07-09 modles? Or if they arent how long will they continue to take spots? Does anyone know how many spots are still available for each year? I ask cuz if i get my job back (wich is very possible here shortly) i can afford one again and i will definitly do it. I have an 08 and think it should be an SS all the way. Anyone got any idea on this?

Your best bet is to call SAI directly and ask them and then report back the answers. Then this info is right from the horse's mouth! LOL

I called yesterday,and although i didnt recieve any actual numbers for availability,i was told that there are plenty of spots available for 2007,2008,and 2009 cars.they were ready to take my 10k deposit right then and there if i was ready which im not.

If they don't stick to what they said, next time they come out with a new car for such a big price, there won't be as many people interested. It's no different than the KR, it is just a slightly modified GT500, if it wasn't for the low numbers available, it would only be worth a little more than a GT500. I think SAI sometimes forgets why there stuff is sought after, and why it is worth the money it's worth, if it becomes your standard, every day car it won't be special any more. Just mt 2 cents

I have come to realize the SAI will never be the car company they once were. They are still a very high performance car company but why all this "post title" crap. Why don't they just pay the price and be like they used to be, all Ford factory all the time. Look at Saleen coming out with another HP Mustang that is pure Ford factory authorized, look at Roush, I believe it is Ford authorized too. All of these cars have huge horse power numbers so that can't be it, what is it? If it is the money then CS has to pay it or Ms. Amy has to talk him into it as this "post title" crap has to go. I mean if the name Shelby wasn't there it would be just another mod shop car! What gives?

EDITED: See next page/post~

EDITED: Let me explain... I love Shelby cars but it seems they would want to have some or most of the HiPro engine stuff done directly at Ford and I don't see why they can not. I am not 100% sure but it appears that Saleen's new mustang has there engione mods done at Ford and sold at the dealership not drop-shipped to them and then sold as a post-titled modded car. I believe Roush does this as well, has Ford build the cars then they are sold as a Ford product at the dealership. If i am not correct please correct me here.

Archived