TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Paint Chipping

2COKEMAN

I see this as an issue of selection, not quality. I noticed that none of those who's paint is chipping is an Alloy Metallic. I believe what you are experiencing here is the car is faster than your paint. Now, those of us with Alloy generally don't have this problem as, you see, Alloy IS the fastest color....... You can address this issue in one of 2 ways: 1) drive slower so that the paint bonding agents don't break down or 2) repaint the car in Alloy Metallic.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! We drive our 07 vert almost daily (and a couple of major road trips)and the only paint that has chipped on the entire car is at the leading edge of the side scoops......then again, they were dealer installed.

Good luck!

:hysterical:

I see this as an issue of selection, not quality. I noticed that none of those who's paint is chipping is an Alloy Metallic. I believe what you are experiencing here is the car is faster than your paint. Now, those of us with Alloy generally don't have this problem as, you see, Alloy IS the fastest color....... You can address this issue in one of 2 ways: 1) drive slower so that the paint bonding agents don't break down or 2) repaint the car in Alloy Metallic.

Sorry, just couldn't help myself! We drive our 07 vert almost daily (and a couple of major road trips)and the only paint that has chipped on the entire car is at the leading edge of the side scoops......then again, they were dealer installed.

Good luck!

Mine is very bad I noticed it when claying the car

Not really chips, well really really fine chips, like you said a sand blasting effect, mine is all the way down the side below the stripe

Also my paint chips pretty easy, on the hood that is

I keep my car very well, beyond pampered, doesnt ever go anywhere it could get a ding and you get the idea

but you would swear for such pampering my car would have more than 10k miles, and Im not saying its in bad condition its just poor ford quality

Good luck!

True so true!!! (see my sig)

Mike

Mine is very bad I noticed it when claying the car

Not really chips, well really really fine chips, like you said a sand blasting effect, mine is all the way down the side below the stripe

Also my paint chips pretty easy, on the hood that is

I keep my car very well, beyond pampered, doesnt ever go anywhere it could get a ding and you get the idea

but you would swear for such pampering my car would have more than 10k miles, and Im not saying its in bad condition its just poor ford quality

WELL SAID!!

Archived