TEAM SHELBY FORUM

Shelby's on two week hold

yrrej48

Mine was on material hold but that is not the case for this hold. The car is built and it has been released from the "foreign plant' and is on a quality hold.

Thanks for checking everybody.

This a good example of there may be more than one story and they may both be true. All I know is that my car is on the second week of a post build quality hold.

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Update from my dealer this evening regarding the material hold on the production line shut down. (not quality hold on 400 Shelby's??) Rep was in today and said the problem is with the availability of wheels!!.....no wheels....no production. Invnetory is due in after the 1st of the year.

That's going to cost the supplier BIG MONEY if they have no rims :doh:

Looks like we will have a few less cars built now at the end of the year

That's going to cost the supplier BIG MONEY if they have no rims :doh:

Looks like we will have a few less cars built now at the end of the year

As long as we all get our cars, I am all for a low final production number.

Mine was on material hold but that is not the case for this hold. The car is built and it has been released from the "foreign plant' and is on a quality hold.

Thanks for checking everybody.

This a good example of there may be more than one story and they may both be true. All I know is that my car is on the second week of a post build quality hold.

mine has been on quality hold for the past three weeks. vopc said it was on quality hold today, even though it has been released for almost two weeks. i think quality hold is a term they throw around pretty freely.

mine has been on quality hold for the past three weeks. vopc said it was on quality hold today, even though it has been released for almost two weeks. i think quality hold is a term they throw around pretty freely.

..its one of those terms that can be bent to cover about any situation :doh:

Plus, most folks will not argue with them trying to improve the "quality" of the car you ordered, even if what they really mean is that they screwed up the first time, and are struggling to get it right. :banghead:

I actually don't have a problem with ford, or what they are doing, I just wish that they were more forthright about their communications.

I feel like a kindred soul to you; mine was built 11/30, but no clear word yet on delivery.

John

..its one of those terms that can be bent to cover about any situation :doh:

Plus, most folks will not argue with them trying to improve the "quality" of the car you ordered, even if what they really mean is that they screwed up the first time, and are struggling to get it right. :banghead:

I actually don't have a problem with ford, or what they are doing, I just wish that they were more forthright about their communications.

I feel like a kindred soul to you; mine was built 11/30, but no clear word yet on delivery.

John

So if it is true,that there is a rim shortage, what is on the cars now to move them around ? I don't get it.

So if it is true,that there is a rim shortage, what is on the cars now to move them around ? I don't get it.

Rob

I'm guessing that there are at least two issues now; production is halted due to lack of wheels, and produced cars are in a holding pattern for QC, whatever that means.

Rob

I'm guessing that there are at least two issues now; production is halted due to lack of wheels, and produced cars are in a holding pattern for QC, whatever that means.

Wow, it's hard to imagine a car manufacture running out of wheels. I bet a head or 2 rolls because of this. I hope they do not run out of paint too.

Rob

Not sure if its relevant to the GT500's but I found out today that the mustangs have been on quality hold for a emergency brake cable problem. Ford changed parts suppliers for the parking brake cable and assembly and they had a problem with freezing on the new components and they had to get the problem fixed. Only about 5 cars made it out before the rest had been put on hold until the new parts arrived. I actually found this out by a friend who works at SAI here in Las Vegas. He was in the dealership tonight and just got back from AAI in Michigan. He was taking a tour of the AAI plant for the upcoming Shelby GT's.

Not sure if its relevant to the GT500's but I found out today that the mustangs have been on quality hold for a emergency brake cable problem. Ford changed parts suppliers for the parking brake cable and assembly and they had a problem with freezing on the new components and they had to get the problem fixed. Only about 5 cars made it out before the rest had been put on hold until the new parts arrived. I actually found this out by a friend who works at SAI here in Las Vegas. He was in the dealership tonight and just got back from AAI in Michigan. He was taking a tour of the AAI plant for the upcoming Shelby GT's.

Thanks for shedding some light on the quality hold. Any word on the Rims? What about your GO GT500 ?

Thanks for shedding some light on the quality hold. Any word on the Rims? What about your GO GT500 ?

Stand-by ...im checking with union pacific railroad.....

WOOT!! Just checked with the railroad....train is scheduled into Las Vegas on the December 20th at 9:05 pm!! Thats good news since as of yesterday it was scheduled in on the afternoon of the 21st! :banana piano:

WOOT!! Just checked with the railroad....train is scheduled into Las Vegas on the December 20th at 9:05 pm!! Thats good news since as of yesterday it was scheduled in on the afternoon of the 21st! :banana piano:

On another side note, I was invited out to SAI tomorrow to check out the Guigaro .sp? concept Mustang. They've got it in their shop and Motor Trend Magazine is shooting it tomorrow at the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. I dont think I can make it though as I have to work the morning shift at the dealer. :censored:

Well it looks like you might have a GT500 for Christmas. You have been blessed again this year!

Thanks! Cant wait to get it and get her all cleaned up and Zaino'd!! Ill post pics when she arrives! Im going to take pics of it next to my Teal '93 Cobra! SVT's first and latest together!

I keep hearing good things about the zaino products. I am going to have to get some and try it on my wifes GT/CS. I have waxed the rig twice already. She has just under 900 miles on it.

The information about the e-brake cables is correct....i talked to a guy in the plant this morning, and he confirmed it. He said that a few cars already out in the field have had failures.....so, mine is sitting back inside the plant waiting for parts. The funny thing is that customer service told me an hour earlier that my car had left the plant and was due at the dealer on Thursday!!! Oh well...........

Thank you for the information! With this protracted quality hold my imagination was running away as in quarts of transmission fluid pouring from the car every time it was put in gear, huge clouds of blue gray smoke spewing everytime it was started, a reasonable likeness of the grand canyon in all dimensions gashed across the hood, door that wouldn't open without a huge metallic scraping sound, water pouring in under the convertible top, etc.

replacing parking brake cable I can handle :banana piano:

Thank you for the information! With this protracted quality hold my imagination was running away as in quarts of transmission fluid pouring from the car every time it was put in gear, huge clouds of blue gray smoke spewing everytime it was started, a reasonable likeness of the grand canyon in all dimensions gashed across the hood, door that wouldn't open without a huge metallic scraping sound, water pouring in under the convertible top, etc.

It is funny how we sometimes start to think the worst. These small things are going to put production numbers down by 50 X 10 equals 500 less cars for 2007. That is 500 less share of the nation cars if there is such a thing!

No problem! It pays to have a few good sources inside! I, along with you, was thinking the worst about my car as well. I was going to inspect it even more than before when it arrived, and I probably still will. Just glad to find out its not such a big deal!

We cut 20? plywood circles, add a bolt pattern, bolt them on all 4 corners & call them Wood-Years t roll the cars around. :hysterical2:

Thanx Coldy. My porch light was running a little dim last night after building a GT500 out of snow outside of the cabin. I will have to blame my post on the hypothermia you made me get. How's work today?

Thanx Coldy. My porch light was running a little dim last night after building a GT500 out of snow outside of the cabin. I will have to blame my post on the hypothermia you made me get. How's work today?

IT'S 38 DEGREES & NO SNOW IN SIGHT :rant:

PLUS IT'S JUST COLD ENOUGH NOT TO BE ABLE TO GET IT OUT OF STORAGE! :rant:

IT'S 38 DEGREES & NO SNOW IN SIGHT :rant:

PLUS IT'S JUST COLD ENOUGH NOT TO BE ABLE TO GET IT OUT OF STORAGE! :rant:

It is 14 degrees up here on Mt.Bachlor this morning. There are a lot of searchers still looking for the missing climbers on Mt.Hood real close to here. Prayers needed for these guys and there families.

Ok guys, I'm afraid I have no news....you've already got it all figured out.

My mom is going through a difficult stage...so that took some work yesterday. I'll not go into that.

I tried to call Ralph many times today, kept getting a different guy's voicemail. As others have said, he's likely out for the remainder of the year. Since Coldy has left messages, I'm not going to call anyone else, don't want to deluge them with the same request.

As for the cable and wheel shortage issues causing fewer Mustangs to be built, not necessarily so. They may run 500 extra Mazdas for the next 10 days, then run a higher mix of Mustangs later when all the parts come in. This is another example of being careful not to make too many assumptions and speculating.

I'm a curious kind of guy (Engineering undergrad), so I'd like to know in more detail what's causing the cables to "freeze". Anyone have specifics? Maybe it's not that they ARE freezing, but that they COULD if they don't alter them. For example, maybe there's a rubber shield to keep water out of the sheath, and that seal is not doing it's job.

I think it's really sad what's going on with all the issues on the car. Traction control issues, coolant leaks, supercharger pulleys spitting some fluid, a radiator where the tubes are loose, delaminating air filters, brake cable issues, failing coils...etc. Way too many issues IMO. :redcard:

Dave

Archived